Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aoifewantsapony
Two Pair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I do an accumilator bet most weeks during the season trying to turn a fiver into thousands. Been within one result a couple of times but have never hit a decent score yet.

Please do not confuse this with Brodders thread, he knows what he is doing. I am just frantically hitting buttons in hope of a nice profit, like a Russian on stars.

Please feel free to post your own attempts if you want.

My first one is...

Blackpool to beat Barnsley
Ipswich to beat Millw*ll
Watford to beat Bournemouth
Colchester to beat Port Vale
Wimbledon to beat Wycombe
Fleetwood to beat Plymouth
Rangers to beat Brechin
Manchester United to beat Wigan
Hibs to beat Hearts

5.00 returns 1,252.75

One time....
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
As a keen Ipswich fan i can assure you this bet is dead money!!!!!

We got turned over last weekend by a POOR reading team that made us look like a very lucky to get 1 goal sunday team. Also Tuesday night i had the misfortune of going to see us totally out classed by Stevenage Borough.

If you have time to change your bet DO IT we WILL get destroyed by Millwall!

id say you need to brush up on your East Anglian knowledge, i like all your predictions barring Ipswich and Colchester id switch them both round!
Aoifewantsapony
Two Pair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:56 pm
McCarthy will make Ipswich hard to beat at home and I don't think millw*ll will have enough about them

I went to Colchester's friendly against West Ham and Colchester look like they have a decent first team for that level, they'll fair a lot better than last season if they can keep the first team together.
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:03 pm
I am away for a week starting Saturday so wont get online.

Please open spoiler on Monday

Spoiler:
I TOLD YOU SO
madride
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:17 pm
Hibs are awful mate, admittedly hearts aren't much better. 0-0 written all over it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:42 pm
I am with Stow on this, when I looked at your acca as soon as I got to Ipswich v Milwall I thought there is your first loss.

The rest look okay but the thing is you never know how the teams are going to be at the beginning of the season and how players might have gelled and how their pre-season went. A minefield the first couple weeks of the season no doubt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:43 pm
stowjon wrote:
As a keen Ipswich fan i can assure you this bet is dead money!!!!!

We got turned over last weekend by a POOR reading team that made us look like a very lucky to get 1 goal sunday team. Also Tuesday night i had the misfortune of going to see us totally out classed by Stevenage Borough.

If you have time to change your bet DO IT we WILL get destroyed by Millwall!

id say you need to brush up on your East Anglian knowledge, i like all your predictions barring Ipswich and Colchester id switch them both round!

I agree with OP here and will be sticking a few quid on Ipswich as well. I watched Ipswich at Reading last week as my mate plays for Ipswich and to be honest I thought Ipswich played fairly well against a Reading team who are far from poor, they will be right up there for the automatic promotion places imo. Drenthe looks different class for Reading.

As for the Stevenage game ,Ipswich did make 6 or 7 changes so it was always going to be a tough one.

Millwall under Lomas are nailed on for relegation imo and I stuck a few quid on them to go down before the season began.
Rigsby
Forum Challenge Champion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:11 pm
stowjon wrote:
I am away for a week starting Saturday so wont get online.

Please open spoiler on Monday

Spoiler:
I TOLD YOU SO

Any more footy advice Jon
Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:13 pm
as you got the first 7 in are you going to lay any off on betfair or other similar site?
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:48 pm
Happy with the 7 out of 7 so far but I won't be laying the bet or covering the bet elsewhere, the thread and the original bet are purely about a big win from a small bet.

After the summer they've had I do expect Hearts to lose to their local rivals to put the icing on a shit filled cake. The two I almost didn't do were Wimbledon and Man Utd, the reason I almost left the charity shield is that Man Utd could win outside of the 90 minutes...
SirDan
Straight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:58 am
Aoifewantsapony wrote:
Happy with the 7 out of 7 so far but I won't be laying the bet or covering the bet elsewhere, the thread and the original bet are purely about a big win from a small bet.

After the summer they've had I do expect Hearts to lose to their local rivals to put the icing on a shit filled cake. The two I almost didn't do were Wimbledon and Man Utd, the reason I almost left the charity shield is that Man Utd could win outside of the 90 minutes...

Good luck today mate.
FWIW I think Man Utd will win comfortably although I wouldn't back Hibs after watching them play on TV last week for love nor money, they were awful and I don't think their manager has much of a clue.
Having said that Hearts are piss poor as well . If it were me Id be laying Hibs for a fair few quid on betfair.
hackett
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:02 pm
Unlucky sir - With Man U winning it looks like only 1 went adrift - Sticky please as i will be following this for sure!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:09 pm
Good effort.
Aoifewantsapony
Two Pair

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:12 pm
Bah !

You know I really wouldn't have minded so much had the game been a 4-3 thriller but it was awful, not just run of the mill awful or even finding a loved one dead awful it was more finding a loved dead while a gorilla rapes their dead mouth awful.

To clarify, the Hibs game wasn't very good.

Anyway I at least i leave last week with my East Anglian knowledge in tact which is a great comfort
Brodders
Quads

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:39 am
Aoifewantsapony wrote:
Bah !

You know I really wouldn't have minded so much had the game been a 4-3 thriller but it was awful, not just run of the mill awful or even finding a loved one dead awful it was more finding a loved dead while a gorilla rapes their dead mouth awful.

To clarify, the Hibs game wasn't very good.

Anyway I at least i leave last week with my East Anglian knowledge in tact which is a great comfort

LOL... That's pretty awful. To be fair, you were up against Stowjon's knowledge of football which meant he had as much chance as your loved one's mouth did against the gorilla !

V Unlucky and good luck with the next one Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: