Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:31 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
mddgfc wrote:
the shiver wrote:
Wade's average is 87!!! how is he still hanging in this???

credit to him the guy can finish, bit like lewis last night

Nothing but respect to Lewis last night, hung on to his title for grim death and got stronger towards the end and came within a wire of getting through an immense match.

After watching tonights semi's my head says van gerwen if he hits those doubles i cant see Taylor being able to live with the onslaught.
Write Taylor of at my own peril tho, cos u know if van gerwen starts missing doubles Taylor sitting behind him will take out the 112s ruthlessly.
Taylor was wobbling tonight a lesser player may have buckled under to Barneys comeback
Gonna be a heck of a final i hope Taylor wins it as i have a nice few quid on a double with scotty waites in the BDO
wouldnt have no qualms tho if van gerwen won i think hed make a great champion for the sport...roll on new years day
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
madride
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:57 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
SeanFoley wrote:
Did Wade refuse handshake at end of match?

Pretty much, he also didn't congratulate MVG on his 9 darter. I know he has mental health issues but pretty poor form. Taylor's reaction was a disgrace as well, great player but some of his behaviour is embarassing. That being said can't wait till the final Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:32 am
Amazing drama in both semis. For the record MVG threw 19 perfect darts consecutively, he hit 2xTreble19 with his last two darts prior to the 'near'2x9-darter. He's going to be terrific for the game long-term with his mannerisms and fast-throwing, not to mention incredible talent.

I've been perusing the darts forums regarding last nights Taylor/Barneveld semi to try and find some info on the reasons for the bad feeling at the end. Personally I hate it when a winning player firstly celebrates, then shakes the hands of the scorers before looking in the direction of their opponent. This happens in the Mosconi Cup(Europe worst of all) and Poker(WSOP.. think NeilChanning experienced it when he lost heads-up for bracelet, i think)

-a lot of reference to what was said before the game by each player regarding the other. I dont buy into that however as when Barney won the 7th set they both had a moment together of smiling at each other, knowing how bad Barney had played in the set, but somehow won it.

-RVB's wife Sylvia was standing away from the player family tables which has caused some mystery. A rumour is abound that Taylor's girlfriend spat at RVB's kids(all adults i think).

-SKY coming in for stick for the 'good old Phil blow smoke up his arse' Taylor interview post-match and how he received no criticism for behaviour.

The body language of both players says to me Taylor the aggressor in the situation, although not clear what Barney may have said, it appeared he was trying to be reasonable throughout. His slight tap/push in the back was IMO a response to Taylor aggressively throwing Barney's arm from around his shoulder.

Anyway enough from me, I think 80% of the British crowd will be shouting for MVG tomorrow, says it all about how Taylor is perceived for me.

Is this relevant?

Link

Yes, he thinks he's superior... but he isn't.
peligruso
Full House

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:01 am
I've got no problem with people celebrating before they have shaking hands, the pinch on the girls arse is so inappropriate it's untrue.
SeanFoley
Quads

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am
It's more the shaking hands of everyone else first, before your defeated opponent I don't like.

Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:54 pm
Brilliant for Taylor to come through in the end as thought he was going to blow it. I don't think he is in good enough form to win the final, but he has been there and done it before so you never know. Cool
SeanFoley
Quads

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:52 pm
stolen from a darts forum that stole it from Twitter...

Barney has spoken to Dutch Darts reporter @ArjanvdGiessen - translation on the way.

Barney - "I was in a sportsmanlike manner and tried to congratulate him on stage and when he pushed me away."

Barney - "I understood nothing of it and wanted to hug him. He said F*** Off and I didnt understand. What inspires the man to push me away."

Barney "I gave him a nudge in his back and then we walked down the stage there are still harsh words back stage"

Barney "We are disassembled and I'm through security away to a car. I do not understand still."

Barney - " I wanted to congratulate him once sporty and then this, incredible. I'm sick of it, I dont understand his reaction at all."

Barney - " I have not talked to him! I just received a text message from Phil. He apologizes for his improper behavior."

Barney - "I do not know if I'm going to respond. The emotions are running high. Of course I hope Michael wins final."

Barney - "Resentment from me to Phil? I hope Michael wins."

the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:37 pm
This gets swept under the carpet and never mentioned

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/DARTY+O...rld...-a071241589
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
SeanFoley
Quads

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:34 pm

Link

Seb
Full House

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:25 pm
From the clip it looks like RVB was trolling him.
mddgfc
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:52 pm
scary standard so far.....eat him alive MVG
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:49 pm
Superb win for Taylor, true legend.
Clap
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:50 pm
Obvious Phil would win
VG no experience at that stage so only one winner from the start
Good entertainment though
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:13 am
relentless - never-ceasing; "the relentless beat of the drums"
persistent, unrelenting
continual - occurring without interruption; chiefly restricted to what recurs regularly or frequently in a prolonged and closely spaced series; "the continual banging of the shutters"

come on scotty waites Very Happy
SNUGGLYBUM
Trips

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:33 pm
Time for the 2nd Div of Darts. Gotta have a bet on it to keep me interested after the super PDC show. Backed Waites cause I think he's got too much for most of em. Any1 got any decent tips for a cover bet at a decent price? Dont want to put all my eggs in 1 basket Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: