Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
smoothcallz
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
On tilt for me please. ty.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
oh no, when are u sending on pstars? was expecting Monday as you scheduled
Jack Starr
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:38 pm
OkiePokey wrote:
oh no, when are u sending on pstars? was expecting Monday as you scheduled

you are not rolling so cool today! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:04 pm
Just got back from the bank...

Trying to depo again now...
Pizzicato
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Yay deposit went through...

Shipping out now Smile
Jack Starr
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:12 pm
don't worry, anytime is good!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:25 pm
Pizzicato wrote:
thegrimble wrote:
will take anything upto 5%, ta
PAID/Refunded
StGilmore wrote:
I'll reserve 4 shares please Monty.
PAID/Rubbing on titties
maxwell675 wrote:
1 share plz
PAID/Refunded
Joe The Elegance Beevers wrote:
3 for me please Wink
(Cash at venue)/Refunded
SeanFoley wrote:
1 please Pizzi
PAID/Refunded
Jack Starr wrote:
2 shares please! Very Happy
PAID/Refunded
penko910 wrote:
Would like reserve 1 share please Very Happy
PAID/Refunded
tjm8 wrote:
2 shares please
PAID/Refunded
Pizzicato wrote:
1 share for dcsw7 stuck with icelandic internet lol
PAID/Refunded
matt777 wrote:
1 Share for me please.
PAID/Refunded
smoothcallz wrote:
I'll take 1 share plz pizz.
PAID/Refunded
ripple11 wrote:
I'll take a couple of shares.
PAID/Refunded
OkiePokey wrote:
i f ur an aggro ill take 5 shares pls, can transsfer pstars
PAID/Refunded
Pilf wrote:
I'll have a couple then.
PAID/Refunded

Last edited by Pizzicato on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jack Starr
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:29 pm
ty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:04 pm
Gracias

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:18 pm
lestasolja on tilt plz pizz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:19 pm
received, howd u play?
smoothcallz
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:59 pm
Received. cheers fella

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 pm
Right... Trip report time!!!

So after having to kerfuffle around in the morning on Friday I got to the train station at just after 10am for my 10:30 train and realised that I hadn't brought that special code you get to pick up your tickets... First sigh of the day though thankfully being a little anal about getting to places early saved the day and I was able to get my tickets successfully with the help of the ticket office. Thankfully the journey itself went fairly smoothly and I was able to relax and get my thoughts together for the impending madness...

So I got to the Fox at about 12:35ish to be greeted by a mostly empty room which was a little disturbing but a few more people turned up as I was sorting out buying in etc (Note: buying AAA flop 'tickets' is probably more hassle than its worth). I had just enough time after that to have a quick ciggie and fill out my player release form before cards were in the air...

Play started out 6 handed but our first few hands there was only 3 of us sat down though a 4th sat down after about 15 minutes. I started out with a fairly nice run of cards that meant I had no qualms about being fairly active while feeling the table out. Unfortunatelyit didnt go so well and the only hand that I actually won in the first hour was KK on KhTh55h where I made a massive 600 chip win. I had alot of hands where I was outdrawn on the river in annoying fashion and couldnt do much about it... While I wasn't tilting I took a little cigarette break at the end of the first level just to clear my head and make sure my thought processes were unaffected by the previous hours play and refocus myself a bit...

By level 2 we were playing 7 handed and I was feeling good and refocused and jumped right back into the fray and started making hands and actually holding. Plus the fact that I had obviously had a bad first hour meant that my value bets were being paid off as well and by the end of the level I had worked my way up from 21.5K to the lofty heights of 33K with a decent chunk of that coming from a hand where I raised 69cc from MP1, been called by the button and flopped a flush draw on a ten high flop, completed flush on turn and an overcard hitting on the river which I think the button must have hit to call my value bet.

Level 3 brought my second set where I rasied 55 from MP and was 3bet small by the co. I did the obligatory flat call and flopped 5K3r and check called a bet. J on the turn and I bet and got called and we saw a 7 river. I decided to check raise the river and was happy to see his bet come in and pumped it up with a near pot raise at which point villain went into the tank. He started sighing and told me a couple of times that he knew exactly what my range was in this spot so so well and then called it off saying I had 77. 'Or that' he said when I turned over my fives...

Level 4 wasn't so much fun but I wasn't really losing much until the last hand of the level where I ran into a bit of a horrow show of a hand. The guy on my left had been playing very aggressive and been opening to 5x and even 6x in one hand. Most of his bets post flop were in the pot size plus category and I had been begging silently inside to myself to find a hand vs this guy. However the reason why he was so over aggressive was the fact he was legitimately running hotter than the last episode of London's Burning... 10 sets in the first 3 hours and thats not counting gutshot straights rivered and so forth. He was very obliging in betting small or just check folding when not hitting but when he bet big he had a suitably large hand to go with it and was getting paid handsomely as people just stopped believing he could have it every time (which he just did). Anyway... its folded to me in the SB and I raise KQ and am greeted by a call. Flop is QQ5 and we check call a small bet. 2 on the turn and I bet I am greeted with a large raise...Really? I call and we go to the river which is a 7... Interesting spot for me here and I decided to check call so I check and he bets pot.../puke, /call, get shown AQ and get the inevitable rub down while heading out for a VERY well needed cigarette...

Part 2 coming up shortly!
StGilmore
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:48 pm
ROFL

http://midlifepoker.blogspot.com/
http://outthescammers.blogspot.com/
Pizzicato
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 pm
Ok so from level 5 things got very interesting...

Not long into the level we lose the first player from our table (Mr 'I know what you have exactly but I call anyway') and he is replaced by a very aggressive guy I recognise from previous outings to UKIPT's etc and remember him as some sort of grinder (he turns out to be a cash game grinder). Also coming to the table shortly after we had Ben Jones who is friends with a bunch of my friends and we shared a skype chat for a while until it imploded with dick swinging contests and drama as alot of these online grinder chats end up doing. It ended up being a very fun table as we were all getting along and having a laugh while playing some very good poker. The addition of those guys also brought alot more aggressivity to the table as on the whole only myself and 'runs like cheetah' had shown much aggressiveness thus far and I eased off the gas pedal knowing that my chance of getting 3bet went from being almost nonexistant to about a >50% chance in alot of spots. During this level (and level 6) I basically maintained my stack and played a few small pots and basically kept myself out of trouble.

DCSW7 and his lovely lady turned up towards the end of level 5 and finding out we had some time before dinner went off for an aperitif while they waited for the break so we could go find some food. When we eventually got to the break I found myself rather hungry having been on the go since about 7:30am and we bumped into Joe and after a short discussion we headed off to Eds diner for some food. I had seen this place wandering around last time I was down the the leg event at Fox but hadn't gone in. I now regret that hugely as the place is great!!! We were seated straight away though unfortunately we were split up as the place was both small and rammed plus we were in a hurry. Joe and I both had burgers (nom nom blue cheese on mine) and shared some 'atomic fries' and it went down an absolute treat despite the fact I had to eat with a knife and fork due to recieving a new mouth recently.

We head back to the Fox and I arrive just in time to see my big blind being played without me (we missed 1 hand) which made me cry inside a little as I obviously had AA or top set in that hand... The next hour however went very well for me and I went on a little rampage and startied picking up pots again... I knocked out Ben Jones when the cash grinder opened utg and Ben shipped in his last 12BB or so having lost most of his stack earlier and was folded to me in the BB and I iso shoved AJhh and held vs Ben's QJ. I checkraised AK on KT9hh and got called by the button, check check blank turn and offsuit Q on river which I check called a decent bluff by A7hh.

Not long after that our table got broken and I was moved to a new table directly on the left of Barny Boatman and Ben Jackson. I saw them both sitting there and immediately knew that this could be a rteally tough table. Fortunately for me Ben Jackson went bust 2 hands or so after I sat down (KQ aipf vs JJ) and Barny went bust 2 or 3 hands later with 97hh aipf vs JJ on a shocking 77xJx board. About 5 or 10 minutes later they were both replaced by Alex Rousso and another gentleman. Its hard for me to describe the gentleman without sounding like I am insulting him but when I say he was a little odd I don't mean it in a bad way. He was a genuinely nice guy, I just cant think of a better way to describe him. About 10 minutes after they both sat down I raised TT utg +1 and was folded to the gentleman in question who made the call in the BB. Flop came rither 642 or 643 and he led out half pot at me which when I coupled it with his body language just screamed to me that he had hit the flop but was kinda weak so I raised him with a 'click plus a bit' raise. At this point he did truly surprise me and jammed his stack (he had about 40BB or so) so after a brief 'wtf' moment I called and was shown K6 and managed to hold without any drama putting me up to 100K or so (blinds at 500/1K). I spoke to him after the hand and he told me he didn't think he had as many chips as he did and that he made a mistake but wished me the very best of luck...

The rest of the day was fairly uneventful and I was moved tables again with 20 mins or so until the end of day and nothing else really of note happened on Day 1...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: