Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:40 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Link

City 3-0 down, final score 4-3. Dance
Rigsby
Forum Challenge Champion

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:34 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:17 am
Terry now as short as 11/8 with some betting firms to lift the Claret Jug at this years Open

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:42 pm
Kolo Toure off to Liverpool. Needs to be playing more regularly so could be a good fit.
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:44 pm
Stoke get rid of Pullis as they wanted to go in a different direction. With Mark Hughes on board, they will certainly be going in a different direction.

Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:57 pm
Indestructible wrote:
Stoke get rid of Pullis as they wanted to go in a different direction. With Mark Hughes on board, they will certainly be going in a different direction.

He's managed 300 games in the EPL but everyone is basing his performance after the first 12 games last season at QPR
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:35 am
And money wasted at City, Roque Sante Cruz worst buy ever.
madride
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:27 am
Indestructible wrote:
And money wasted at City, Roque Sante Cruz worst buy ever.

Worse than Jo and Rolando Bianchi? Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:29 am
I wouldn't be shocked to see Stoke go down next season but that has nothing to do with Hughes as a manager. Stoke were borderline this season even with Pulis and if Stoke get off to a bad start next season then things could get tricky for them.......wouldn't be overly shocked to see Hughes get sacked next season as getting Stoke above 50pts will be very difficult for anybody and that's no more than 10-12pts away from the drop even on a good season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 am
I know Brazil are having problems at the moment but I didn't expect us to get anything in Rio and especially in an end of season wind down.

With five World Cups behind them and a home crowd that will expect the World Cup to come their way then home advantage could prove to be a double edged sword. Also was it me or did this new Maracana lack atmosphere?? I know it was around 20k under capacity but the Brazilian crowd seemed up for it yet it still lacked something.

Unless Scolari does something with them over the next twelve months then I can see them falling short.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:59 pm
The Dean wrote:
I know Brazil are having problems at the moment but I didn't expect us to get anything in Rio and especially in an end of season wind down.

With five World Cups behind them and a home crowd that will expect the World Cup to come their way then home advantage could prove to be a double edged sword. Also was it me or did this new Maracana lack atmosphere?? I know it was around 20k under capacity but the Brazilian crowd seemed up for it yet it still lacked something.

Unless Scolari does something with them over the next twelve months then I can see them falling short.

It is the worst Brazil side I have ever seen, but they still totally dominated England last night. Let's not kid ourselves that a good 10 minute spell where we scored 2 goals, means that we are on Brazil's level.

If Brazil had gone in at HT 4-0 up, it would of not been undeserved. Joe Hart saved hodge podge's blushes last night and allowed him to spin it up as a victory.

We desperately need a brave and tactically aware manager who would at least give us an outside chance at the WC, although I wouldn't put money on us to even qualify with him in charge.
hackett
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:07 pm
tjm8 wrote:
The Dean wrote:

It is the worst Brazil side I have ever seen, but they still totally dominated England last night. Let's not kid ourselves that a good 10 minute spell where we scored 2 goals, means that we are on Brazil's level.

If Brazil had gone in at HT 4-0 up, it would of not been undeserved. Joe Hart saved hodge podge's blushes last night and allowed him to spin it up as a victory.

We desperately need a brave and tactically aware manager who would at least give us an outside chance at the WC, although I wouldn't put money on us to even qualify with him in charge.

Not a million miles away from my own thoughts - 1st half especially we were awful.

Out of curiosity from watching Neymar last night, where do you see him fitting into the Barca team?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:57 pm
Re. Neymar.
Could see a similar story to ronaldo and it will be a year or two before we really see the talent (when his decision making benefits from more experience and the learning he will get at barca).

He is obviously talented, but its unfair on the lad if they think he is Brazil's saviour just yet. I think barca is a great move for him, as Messi will still get most of the focus and Neymar can learn from him.

I think he will play from the LW mostly (replacing Villa).
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:04 am
City have signed a player called Jesus, my prayers have been answered. Angel
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:35 am
tjm8 wrote:
The Dean wrote:

I don't think that anybody that follows football with an ounce of common sense thinks that we are on Brazil's level or Spain, Germany or even Holland, Italy, Portugal or France to name but a few.

England will have to catch lightening in a bottle and get massively lucky to get anywhere near winning it next year keeping in mind that no European country has ever won the WC in South America.

I think we need to give Hodgson more credit, I think his counter-attacking tactics is a simple recognition that we simply do not have the game to play any other way at this moment in time. As long as we cannot make simple 10yd passes without giving the ball away then we will always be light years behind teams that play possession football.

England play better without the ball than with it at the moment and I can't see that changing.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 67 of 69

Jump to: