Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Good/interesting post The Dean
the shiver
LMS Champion

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Indestructible wrote:
New England shirt

Old German shirt

Rolling Eyes

If you cant beat em...... Wink
It was one of the privileges of my poker life to watch Barny win his bracelet, putting on a master class in front of an audience who would have run onto the stage and carried him over the ****ing line if thats what it was going to take. There is bracelets and there is bracelets. This was one of the very special ones...Padraig Parkinson
Seb
Full House

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:06 am
Nem wrote:
Seb wrote:
I owe you money again, don't I? How much and sent where?

I have a few season bets on going, not sure what our bet was?

I think it was $20. donktard on stars, yeah? No repeat bet. Everton without Moyes will barely avoid relegation.
Rigsby
Forum Challenge Champion

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:31 am
Nem wrote:
Rigsby wrote:
Nem wrote:
Strength in depth. Ade was injured/out of form for most of the season. Kaboul who walks into most teams in the world was injured the whole season and now looks perm-crocked as we're looking to buy a new CB. The one position I was quite happily get a minor injury to was DCM but Parker has shown that he is no longer good enough for a club trying to make top 4.

I honestly thought we would finish top 6 at the beginning of the season, so kinda gutted that the season has ended like this. I'm very disappointed with the chairman loaning out players who could have played in the Europa or first team like Townsend and Rose, but instead we played full strength vs inter Milan being 3-0 up and that match went to extra time and we scraped through on the away goals. Our next match was at home to Fulham and we all know the result.

I'm happy that we pushed the two other big London clubs who have over double our financial resource all the way to the final game of the season.

At Darren: Bale won every individual honour he could have won this season and scored 21 goals in the league and 11 of those were from outside the area - not even Ronaldo with Tevez and Rooney around him did this. And we never won a single penalty all season,...

What are your thoughts on AVB?

When you read United fans wanting him to succeed SAF in the same breath as Mourinho, Kloop, Guardiola means that he's a very good manager. Hopefully he'll stay a long time.

I believe we(Chelsea) made a big mistake getting rid of him, believe he could of built a very very strong team in 2 or 3 seasons
madride
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:47 am
Seb wrote:
Everton without Moyes will barely avoid relegation.

Pish

Spoiler:
I have no cash to put my money where my mouth is Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:41 pm
Seb wrote:
Nem wrote:
Seb wrote:
I owe you money again, don't I? How much and sent where?

I have a few season bets on going, not sure what our bet was?

I think it was $20. donktard on stars, yeah? No repeat bet. Everton without Moyes will barely avoid relegation.

Ok sir cheers
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:30 pm
Suppose every shot that hit the woodwork this season had counted as a goal, the Premier League table would have taken on a very different look.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/w...ce-210016128.html
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 am
I am not saying that Everton will have a bad season without Moyes but the possibility certainly exists that they might. Whenever a club has been successful under a long term manager and continuity is broken then there can be problems.

Clubs that have previously been seen as "stable" in the Prem who lost certain managers have struggled and Portsmouth with Redknapp and Charlton with Curbishley immediately spring to mind. Moyes may not help the situation if he raids his old club for a few players as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:43 am
The Dean wrote:
I am not saying that Everton will have a bad season without Moyes but the possibility certainly exists that they might. Whenever a club has been successful under a long term manager and continuity is broken then there can be problems.

Clubs that have previously been seen as "stable" in the Prem who lost certain managers have struggled and Portsmouth with Redknapp and Charlton with Curbishley immediately spring to mind. Moyes may not help the situation if he raids his old club for a few players as well.

The same should apply to United using that logic then? Very Happy I'm biased but with the right manager coming in I can't see us being anywhere near the bottom. For all Moyes good points his results (particularly away from home) against the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool were awful and his tactics in these games at times very frustrating

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:19 pm
madride wrote:
The Dean wrote:

The same should apply to United using that logic then? Very Happy I'm biased but with the right manager coming in I can't see us being anywhere near the bottom. For all Moyes good points his results (particularly away from home) against the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool were awful and his tactics in these games at times very frustrating

My logic stands Smile

You said "but with the right manager coming in"........clearly that big "if" clarifies my point. If they get the right man in and the transition is a smooth one then I can't see Everton near the bottom either.......however there are question marks at this time until that situation is resolved.

Seeing as the top four is out of Everton's reach then their current league position is probably the best they could hope to achieve. So I simply cannot see any new manager improving on Everton's 6th place finish meaning that he either equals it or they slip a few places.

Everton's points total this season means that they would have to slip an awful long way to be dragged into a relegation scrap and even a bad season should still see them reach 50pts. As for Moyes and United, the situation is similar but vastly different. Firstly United have a better squad of players than Everton, they also have greater financial resources to put things right.

Also they have the big name to attract a huge manager if things don't work out with Moyes. United wouldn't have to slip by much for the title to go to Chelsea/City and IIRC......City were favourites for 2013-14 title a while back and so the bookies feel the same way.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:22 pm
madride wrote:
The Dean wrote:

He has shown that tactically, he is very inept when it really matters, and has made some appalling decisions. Spotting and buying players has been his forte, but some of the other stuff means a lot of us are (sort of) glad to see the back of him.
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:42 pm
TheBlueBoy wrote:
madride wrote:
The Dean wrote:

He has shown that tactically, he is very inept when it really matters, and has made some appalling decisions. Spotting and buying players has been his forte, but some of the other stuff means a lot of us are (sort of) glad to see the back of him.

There simply has to be question marks over Man Utd's performance levels in all competitions next season.......I just cannot see how they can't be at this stage. Moyes may prove everybody wrong and win the League/CL in his first season but I would be surprised if he did.

City will come again and Mourinho will galvanise Chelsea into a real force. Remember that we are not talking about United missing out on the top four here but simply slipping from this seasons standard. All it takes is for Moyes' United to be 10pts worse off than Fergie's United and 79pts simply isn't going to win the title next season.

Moyes is stepping into a level that he has no experience of both in the league and CL and so until he proves himself in this new environment then there has to be uncertainty. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea win the league next season but a lot depends on how Pellegrini does at City.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:46 pm
Can't see there being an English CL winner next season either........Arsenal are not good enough (same old story)......City have a huge gap to overcome to go from failing to qualify from the group stages two years running to winning it......I think Moyes will struggle tactically against the big boys and that leaves Chelsea again but three consecutive European trophies is stretching it.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:33 pm
Pretty sure ferguson will oversee things for a bit.
robbie
Full House

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:27 pm
The Dean wrote:
Can't see there being an English CL winner next season either........Arsenal are not good enough (same old story)......City have a huge gap to overcome to go from failing to qualify from the group stages two years running to winning it......I think Moyes will struggle tactically against the big boys and that leaves Chelsea again but three consecutive European trophies is stretching it.

Chelsea would have spend another 2 or 3 billion by the time the new season starts,same can be said for City, 3 months to go, plenty of time to get players in,so you never know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 66 of 69

Jump to: