Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seb
Full House

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Everton will finish above them if they keep Moyes.
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
The Dean wrote:
Steve50 wrote:
I remember the days of winning Nem's money with bets of Tottenham finishing at least 20 points under Arsenal. Good old days, shame they got semi decent now, but will nevertheless always be below the great gunners! Razz

Hi Steve,

"always" just like "forever" is an awful long time mate. I am sure that United fans a few years ago were saying that they would always be ahead of City and Liverpool fans years ago would have been saying that they would always be ahead of United. I think time humbles every club if you wait long enough.

Nemesis will have his day and you watch him go then Rolling Eyes

I'm sure he will, all good banter, I just can't admit to the fact that Arsenal have been falling apart for years now, which is pretty much the truth. Can't build much when players keep getting bored, and mainly because they want trophies, which we won't get if the players that could stick around and help us win them keep leaving.

Hope you're well Dean.
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:39 pm
Seb wrote:
now you are having a laugh Very Happy
timped
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:35 pm
Seb wrote:

It's true it will happen this season, and above arsenal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:10 am
timped wrote:
Seb wrote:

It's true it will happen this season, and above arsenal.

Will do predictor soon, but Arsenal will be 4th
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:30 am
Steve50 wrote:
The Dean wrote:
Steve50 wrote:
I remember the days of winning Nem's money with bets of Tottenham finishing at least 20 points under Arsenal. Good old days, shame they got semi decent now, but will nevertheless always be below the great gunners! Razz

Hi Steve,

"always" just like "forever" is an awful long time mate. I am sure that United fans a few years ago were saying that they would always be ahead of City and Liverpool fans years ago would have been saying that they would always be ahead of United. I think time humbles every club if you wait long enough.

Nemesis will have his day and you watch him go then Rolling Eyes

I'm sure he will, all good banter, I just can't admit to the fact that Arsenal have been falling apart for years now, which is pretty much the truth. Can't build much when players keep getting bored, and mainly because they want trophies, which we won't get if the players that could stick around and help us win them keep leaving.

Hope you're well Dean.

I personally think Arsenal have never been in better shape but then again I don't closely follow the club. I certainly don't buy into this "no trophy since 2005" nonsense. If you put the Carling Cup and FA Cup on the table and shut up the media who keep harping on about no trophy since 2005 then they just switch to saying "yeah but its not the league or the CL". You just can't win with the media because they just hunt for stories and Arsenal being in a good financial position isnt a story that puts bums on seats and sells newspapers but "seven years without a trophy is".

When you look at where Arsenal are financially compared to where they were say ten years ago then they have moved on. They play great football which is envied throughout Europe, have one of the best stadiums in Europe and play at the top tier of European football year after year and not to mention being one of the richest clubs in Europe. It is true that some players are getting fed up with lack of success on the pitch but that is only one factor that measures a clubs status and standing.

Football has moved on since Roman went to Chelsea and the Sky money started pouring in. If I supported Arsenal then I take the current situation any day of the week over a one off Carling Cup or FA Cup win. But the fact is that financially, clubs like United, Chelsea and now City have moved on and away from Arsenal but they have chosen to go down these paths of spending far more money to achieve success. Football is big business now and the bigger the business then the more likelihood of success on the field.

It is a simple fact that United are a bigger business than Arsenal at the moment and Chelsea and City have overtaken them simply by throwing more money at it. Arsenal may not have the silverware but they are in a firmer financial position than City or Chelsea. It may be true that more money could have been spent on transfers at The Emirates but that would have been a drop in the Ocean to what City, United and Chelsea could spend. IMO and that is all it is......Arsenal need to spend enough to consolidate their current position of 3rd-4th and no more and on that score then Wenger has been great for the club but he cannot control what is happening at other clubs.

The cost of winning the Prem and CL is going up season by season and that is a war that Arsenal are better off not fighting IMO. As for no trophy for 7 years.....that will get corrected in time just like Chelsea's did with the CL and City's did when they went 35 years or so without a trophy but they don't need to knee jerk to try and match the big three because of it.
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:31 am
Seb wrote:

you want that bet again?
Seb
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:43 am
Yup, if Moyes is at Everton for the first match. Which he will be.
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:05 pm
Seb wrote:
Yup, if Moyes is at Everton for the first match. Which he will be.

Odds?...
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:20 pm
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:22 am
Man U going on a tour of the far east.......now theres a shock Smile
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:27 am
Title winners this season???????

I picked United last season and thought it was a season too soon for City. This season then it looks like a three horse race now. City's next big challenge is to rise again and retain the title. It takes a special side to do that and a special manager. United will be hungry to get the title back and City are not going away.....but what of Chelsea....think they will go close.

Arsenal seem to have maxed out and Spurs/Liverpool are not good enough.

So my tip is for City to take the next step and retain the league but am certainly not placing any money on it as there is no way that I am having money tied up for 9 months to then be wrong Very Happy
BennyP
Full House

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:19 pm
Indestructible wrote:
For united fans

http://teamunited.co.uk/home.htm

That is hilarious! Actually made me laugh....

These bunch of jokers don't have a clue, also, it's been a rubbish 6/7 years with the Glazers in charge: Champions League win, a couple of CL finals, a few Premier league trophies, a world club cup etc etc.

None of the 'competitor sponsors' would touch them with a barge pole. I'm also fairly certain that Man Yoo could probably stop people from wearing the 'match-day war vests' as it does not comply with their commercial plans.

I liked the powerpoint-style website as well.... should promote a lot of confidence to potential supporters/sponsors.

What a Toby.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:22 pm
From a LFC fan who campaigned massively to remove Gillett and Hicks, I understand why there are United fans are against the Glazers.

Yes you are correct in listing the trophies Utd have won in their time, but Utd had a firm base of a world class squad at their disposal when they took control. During this period, Real Madrid and Barca have took massive strides forward and are now comfortably ahead any other side in Europe with only Man City IMO having a squad in the EPL to challenge them. Whilst Utd have the better manager, they will cling on and challenge, but I think the majority of football fans, not just from Utd would realise that if Utd had been spending their income on players, rather then paying of vast interest charges, then they would of had more then 1 CL trophey.

Utd are the biggest money making club in the world, but are unable to reap the benefits of this because of them having to repay the banks. They used to be able to buy the 25 to 30 million pound players like Veron, Berbatov, Rooney, Ferdinand, but Ferguson now claims that he wants to do business the other way and find the value in the market and buy younger players, I personally think he would prefer it back to the old days when United could outspend anyone, or at least match them.

He has got a bargain with the lad from Japan, will be a quality addition to the EPL.
BennyP
Full House

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:09 pm
tjm8 wrote:
They used to be able to buy the 25 to 30 million pound players like Veron, Berbatov, Rooney, Ferdinand.

Yes, but with only a 50% hit ratio on decent players, maybe it wasn't the right way to do business?

Anyway, regardless of that, my main point isn't that they have a problem with the Glazers (I can understand why they do), it's just the tactics they are trying to employ to get rid of them are, on the whole, laughable.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 3 of 69

Jump to: