Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 67, 68, 69  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
iTerror
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:36 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
The Dean wrote:
AVB now in "advanced" talks with Tottenham. Looking pretty good now that he will get the Spurs job unless something happens at the 11th hour.

Will be interesting to see the Spurs situation over the next few months. Could be that they are really going places if they are driven enough to show Redknapp the door.......could also be the case that they take a huge backward step.......intriguing.

It's interesting because they have a good team if they can get a couple more players. I personally think they'll go backwards though because i think they will sell on a couple of their best which will hurt them. If they do sell Modric and Bale, it's going to be one tough job for the new manager.

I'm looking forward to see how Chelsea line up as they've added some exciting players already and still linked to some.

I just wish SAF would get the finger out and get in some top drawer players.

The season can't come quick enough for me!
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
iTerror wrote:
The Dean wrote:
AVB now in "advanced" talks with Tottenham. Looking pretty good now that he will get the Spurs job unless something happens at the 11th hour.

Will be interesting to see the Spurs situation over the next few months. Could be that they are really going places if they are driven enough to show Redknapp the door.......could also be the case that they take a huge backward step.......intriguing.

It's interesting because they have a good team if they can get a couple more players. I personally think they'll go backwards though because i think they will sell on a couple of their best which will hurt them. If they do sell Modric and Bale, it's going to be one tough job for the new manager.

I'm looking forward to see how Chelsea line up as they've added some exciting players already and still linked to some.

I just wish SAF would get the finger out and get in some top drawer players.

The season can't come quick enough for me!

Purely looking at the Spurs situation in terms of probability then it is likely that they will go backwards initially so I have to agree. By backwards, I am talking about on the pitch and not off it. It is very difficult to get Spurs above 4th based on the clubs that they have to better to achieve that. You cannot see any other club spitting City and United next season other than Chelsea.

It is a massive jump for Spurs to even come 3rd let alone 2nd or 1st because of who they have to beat. Possible that they could do it in a one off season but no more at this time. Football these days is all about who has the best financial resources and they are miles behind City, United and Chelsea. Spurs need a combination of a new stadium and marketing the club in other areas of the world to bring in massive extra revenue......which they already realise.

In terms of marketing then it is vital that the club has the right profile.......this is why I think they dumped Harry.
iTerror
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:45 pm
I just seen that Bale has signed a new contract.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18613479
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:00 pm
Van Persie will not be signing a new contract. Mr. Green
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:22 pm
Indestructible wrote:

he will, just at another club...
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:26 pm
Indestructible wrote:

Has one outstanding season and decides its time to go.

Nem
Royal Flush

Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:12 pm
Nem wrote:
http://www.redcafe.net/f7/rawk-goes-into-meltdown-2012-2013-a-355423/

Found this on their site

Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:32 pm
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:29 pm
Is it too soon to order a Van Persie shirt or stick to buying a Nasri one?
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:18 pm
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:33 pm
Nem wrote:

Where do you think Spurs will finish Nem????

I think it is tough to call their season because of the managerial change. Simply cannot see AVB making better than 4th. If things go all Shane Long for Spurs then I can see them maybe coming as low as 8th. Cannot see worse than 8th because the team is basically settled and so depending on AVB then somewhere between 4th-8th for me but certainly not outside of that range.
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:38 pm
I remember the days of winning Nem's money with bets of Tottenham finishing at least 20 points under Arsenal. Good old days, shame they got semi decent now, but will nevertheless always be below the great gunners! Razz
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:21 pm
Steve50 wrote:
I remember the days of winning Nem's money with bets of Tottenham finishing at least 20 points under Arsenal. Good old days, shame they got semi decent now, but will nevertheless always be below the great gunners! Razz

Hi Steve,

"always" just like "forever" is an awful long time mate. I am sure that United fans a few years ago were saying that they would always be ahead of City and Liverpool fans years ago would have been saying that they would always be ahead of United. I think time humbles every club if you wait long enough.

Nemesis will have his day and you watch him go then Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 2 of 69

Jump to: