Goto page 1, 2  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxwell675
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:00 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
http://www.leggopoker.com/blogs/sauce...auce-1-10691.html

Quote:
Stakes: 40/80nl 6-Max. Game was 5-handed
Hero (SB): $33,739.5
(BB): $42,479
UTG: $19,498
CO: $47,508
BTN: $16,000
Pre-flop: 9c6c dealt to Hero (SB) ... UTG folds. MP folds. BTN raises to $178. I 3-bets to $720. Villain 4-bets to $1920. I 5-bet to $5127. Villain 6-bets to $9055. I called.
Flop ($18,288): 8s 2s As … I checked. Villain bets $6650. I called.
Turn ($31,588): Qc … Check check.
River ($31,588): 4c … I shoved. He called with 4d6d.

Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:04 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
He needs to move up to where they respect his raises.
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:36 pm
super standard
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:58 pm
i think that one of the most revisionist explanations for playing a hand bad i have ever heard. he 6 bet me and i had no idea of his range but i knew his polarized flop strategy. blah blah f**king blah. if you dont know his 6 bet strategy how can you know his 6 bet flop strategy. and more importantly how can you plot to exploit this unknown strategy. plays the hand with an obvious float then checks the turn to give free equity vs 100%. then shoves the river when he realistically cant have a decent hand. to top it all off the hand plays like a bluff on nearly all streets. then is shocked he gets called. this shows that even though the other clearly plays a high variance style he is well aware of his frequencies and this is a profitable call
paddymick
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:25 pm
Haha as if he had time to think about all that stuff during the hand, obv revisionist like sprengers says. His 'thought process' is a 1000 word essay trying to justify why he got tilted and spewy against a guy who was winding him up.
IAmThatGuy
Straight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:03 pm
paddymick wrote:
Haha as if he had time to think about all that stuff during the hand, obv revisionist like sprengers says. His 'thought process' is a 1000 word essay trying to justify why he got tilted and spewy against a guy who was winding him up.

The guy is a proven HSNL star with millions in winnings.

Who are you to question his thought process?
WBPP
Flush

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:21 pm
IAmThatGuy wrote:
paddymick wrote:

Put the kleenex down and lay off Paddy.

Lol @ Poker fanboys
IAmThatGuy
Straight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 pm
WBPP wrote:
IAmThatGuy wrote:
paddymick wrote:

Put the kleenex down and lay off Paddy.

Lol @ Poker fanboys

I'm as much of a fan boy of his as an Arsenal fan who can appreciate the brilliance of Balotelli.

That is not being a fanboy...DUCY?
StGilmore
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:37 pm
Just had a fun conversation with my son, an Arsenal fan, while trying to follow this. Your man burned his house down with fireworks? Shocked

Seriously - it's interesting when a player tries to justify their play. Lex Veldhuis had some great insight into honesty in looking at his own play on Jared Tendler's radio show.

http://midlifepoker.blogspot.com/
http://outthescammers.blogspot.com/
IAmThatGuy
Straight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:48 pm
Why would Sauce go to that much trouble to justify his play if he was genuinely tilted? Doesn't make sense to me.
paddymick
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:41 am
IAmThatGuy wrote:

I'm just making an observation based on what I read. TBH I couldn't understand most of it, he's babbling about all sorts of bollocks. Taking the hand history and his info I think he played the hand terribly. Now I'm entitled to my opinion and he doesn't care anyway.

If I thought Arsenal and Balloiliatialli (sp) played crap in a match I'd say so as well.
Nobody would say ''what do you know you can't kick a ball''
They might say ''I disagree with you and here's why.........''

And I'd listen, and maybe learn Angel Wink
IAmThatGuy
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:45 am
Football is slightly different as there's never any mental/mathematical levelling or analysis going on. I think you've misunderstood my analogy. I was merely referring to NOT being a fanboy, but being able to appreciate someone's obvious talents (which Sauce has).

Anyway, happy new year.
Vof
One Pair

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:57 pm
darrensprengers wrote:
i think that one of the most revisionist explanations for playing a hand bad i have ever heard. he 6 bet me and i had no idea of his range but i knew his polarized flop strategy. blah blah f**king blah. if you dont know his 6 bet strategy how can you know his 6 bet flop strategy. and more importantly how can you plot to exploit this unknown strategy. plays the hand with an obvious float then checks the turn to give free equity vs 100%. then shoves the river when he realistically cant have a decent hand. to top it all off the hand plays like a bluff on nearly all streets. then is shocked he gets called. this shows that even though the other clearly plays a high variance style he is well aware of his frequencies and this is a profitable call

You do realise you are spewing all this crap about one of the best HU players in the world, right? who are you again?

the fact is it's extremely rare for a high stakes guy to share his thought process in a hand in this way, he has done it for the benefit of the community , only for trolls who have no idea of playing at this level to do this. here's a thought, maybe you could share your thoughts on the Leggopoker thread where this was posted and see what response you get...
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:01 am
Vof wrote:
darrensprengers wrote:

You do realise you are spewing all this crap about one of the best HU players in the world, right? who are you again?

the fact is it's extremely rare for a high stakes guy to share his thought process in a hand in this way, he has done it for the benefit of the community , only for trolls who have no idea of playing at this level to do this. here's a thought, maybe you could share your thoughts on the Leggopoker thread where this was posted and see what response you get...

Quote:
Keeping postflop assumptions static and playing with his 6bet bluff frequency, my line starts to be bad at a 6bet bluffing frequency of around 35%. Although this depends a fair amount on just how good various other runouts are for my play (assuming I see the 1/3 pot cbet sizing from Rookie on all runouts when he does decide to cbet) and I haven't done further analysis of these contingencies. There is also the question as to how often he elects to hero call any pair on the river- set this number to 100% and my play becomes quite -EV, although I do expect that the EV for my range might increase. All in all, I think my float is winning me a handful of big blinds across the weighted set of his possible strategies, although its precise value is unknowable.

but i take your point. i will only post in my opinions in forums when i am better than the involved party. so football forums are out, science forums are out, chess forums are out. looks like i will have a lot of free time. thank you for the gift of time.
Vof
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:33 am
darrensprengers wrote:
Vof wrote:
darrensprengers wrote:

Quote:
Keeping postflop assumptions static and playing with his 6bet bluff frequency, my line starts to be bad at a 6bet bluffing frequency of around 35%. Although this depends a fair amount on just how good various other runouts are for my play (assuming I see the 1/3 pot cbet sizing from Rookie on all runouts when he does decide to cbet) and I haven't done further analysis of these contingencies. There is also the question as to how often he elects to hero call any pair on the river- set this number to 100% and my play becomes quite -EV, although I do expect that the EV for my range might increase. All in all, I think my float is winning me a handful of big blinds across the weighted set of his possible strategies, although its precise value is unknowable.

but i take your point. i will only post in my opinions in forums when i am better than the involved party. so football forums are out, science forums are out, chess forums are out. looks like i will have a lot of free time. thank you for the gift of time.

Look at the post above mine... the whole reason 2+2 high stakes forum has to be moderated so heavily is because of low stakes trolls sharing thoughts that aren't relevant. If you can't see the difference in making comments as a fan of relatively straightforward sports compared to the complex dynamics of HS cash then i guess we'll agree to disagree...

this isn't Barney Boatman's 'Why my Q7 call in BB vs SB who is shoving any two is good poker' we're talking about here...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: