Players: 307,862 Events: 172,312 Results: 1,009,148
  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Klitschko v Chisora
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WBPP
Flush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:49 pm
Post subject: Re: Klitschko v Chisora
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

SirDan wrote:
The Dean wrote:
Having just seen the footage of the Haye - Chisora clash for the first time......even more convinced now that it was staged......blatant acting in my book.

Stand by what I said in that both fighters know that there is nowhere else for them to go at the moment except an all British fight......look for the motive first and the rest stands out like a sore thumb

Seems your theory couldnt have been further from the truth, as the BBBC have suspended Chisora's licence indefinetly.
At the end of the day he had it coming as he has been up before the boxing authorities at least once a year for the last 3 or 4 years for his misdemeanours, including beating up a woman, very noble of a professional heavyweight boxer.
I expect he'll appeal and try to defend the indefensible.

Well said that man.
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:34 pm

WBPP wrote:
SirDan wrote:
The Dean wrote:
Having just seen the footage of the Haye - Chisora clash for the first time......even more convinced now that it was staged......blatant acting in my book.

Stand by what I said in that both fighters know that there is nowhere else for them to go at the moment except an all British fight......look for the motive first and the rest stands out like a sore thumb

Seems your theory couldnt have been further from the truth, as the BBBC have suspended Chisora's licence indefinetly.
At the end of the day he had it coming as he has been up before the boxing authorities at least once a year for the last 3 or 4 years for his misdemeanours, including beating up a woman, very noble of a professional heavyweight boxer.

Well said that man.

possibly...... but when pushed on the question of whether or not Chisora will fight again, the BBBC spokesman wouldn't commit and was very guarded. Having a licence taken away doesn't mean a fighter will not fight again in the same way that it doesnt for a motorist. Time will tell us many things.

I don't mind sticking my neck out and being wrong.......the only thing that worries me is that one day I may be afraid to stick my neck out at all as you don't get anywhere doing that Wink
SirDan
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:27 pm

The Dean wrote:
WBPP wrote:
SirDan wrote:
The Dean wrote:

Well said that man.

possibly...... but when pushed on the question of whether or not Chisora will fight again, the BBBC spokesman wouldn't commit and was very guarded. Having a licence taken away doesn't mean a fighter will not fight again in the same way that it doesnt for a motorist. Time will tell us many things.

I don't mind sticking my neck out and being wrong.......the only thing that worries me is that one day I may be afraid to stick my neck out at all as you don't get anywhere doing that Wink

I entirely agree with your post. My point was that it is highly unlikely that the 'scuffle' between Chisora and Haye was staged solely to sell a future fight between the two. Chisora knew he was in last chance saloon with the authorities for his previous misdemeanours and anymore would likely result in suspension by the BBBoC, by the time any suspension was up Haye would long have retired (properly).
Of course he could get a licence elsewhere and fight tomorrow, although not for any titles as most boxing associations & federations etc like to respect bans and suspensions dished out by the BBBoC or whoever.
I do agree though that it would have taken some extraordinary incident maybe even more extreme than the one we saw to 'sell' such a non event between the two.
Like you I stand by my theory that Haye will only ever step back in the ring for two reasons, titles and money neither of which would be satisfied by a fight with Del Boy, who has lets not forget has lost his last 3 fights including to the very average and very chinny Tyson Fury who couldnt wait to vacate his british & commonwealth title belts and run for the hills at the sight of a mandatory defence v David Price.
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:30 am

The Dean wrote:
Chisora slaps David Haye's trainer Adam Booth at press conference.......is it me or is this an attempt to fuel interest for the only option these guys have left and that is to get a fight on with each other?????

I mean.......what was Adam Booth doing there anyway. David Haye's excuse was that he was doing TV commentary. Can we expect Chisora vs Haye this summer then do you think Rolling Eyes

So Haye is fighting Chisora this summer according to latest reports on Sky Sports News.......what a surprise.......stood out a mile at what was a clearly engineered brawl......boxing is just so reality (unreality) TV that it staggers me why people fall for the crap.......but then again we do live in a country where manufactured crap infests our TV channels everywhere you look.

At times I even annoy myself at how right I am all the time Rolling Eyes
SirDan
Straight

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:25 pm

The Dean wrote:
The Dean wrote:
Chisora slaps David Haye's trainer Adam Booth at press conference.......is it me or is this an attempt to fuel interest for the only option these guys have left and that is to get a fight on with each other?????

I mean.......what was Adam Booth doing there anyway. David Haye's excuse was that he was doing TV commentary. Can we expect Chisora vs Haye this summer then do you think Rolling Eyes

So Haye is fighting Chisora this summer according to latest reports on Sky Sports News.......what a surprise.......stood out a mile at what was a clearly engineered brawl......boxing is just so reality (unreality) TV that it staggers me why people fall for the crap.......but then again we do live in a country where manufactured crap infests our TV channels everywhere you look.

Thats strange Im sure i added a post to this thread a day or 2 ago saying it seems youre right in that a fight between the two may be in the offing.
I dont know what happened to the post.
Anyway I still think that the fight would be a by product of what happened rather than the incident occuring to promote a fight, if that makes sense.
As a massive boxing fan (who was supposed to be in Germany tonight watching George Groves) I have no interest in a fight between these two. But youre right The Dean some mugs will pay good money to watch the complete non event. Lets not forget theyve lost the last 4 fights theyve had between them.
Although neither currently has a licence , it seems it would be sanctioned by a commission from Luxembourg and this could have serious consequences for the BBBoC who overnight would lose any authority IMO. Theres little they could do to punish promoters/fighters on the bill as the BBBoC are just a private company limited by shares as far as i know and would no doubt contravene some EU law if they object to competition from a rival body.
Basically whoever promotes this fight ie Frank Warren would back the BBBoC into a corner, either sanction this fight or we'll sidestep you and go elsewhere. Money usually talks in boxing therefore dont be surprised if the BBBoC sanction the fight in the end.
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:35 am

The Dean wrote:

100% retracted........I have just remembered that I said that City could not win the title when United had an 8pt lead and had to slip up twice Embarassed

Although I did have a private bet with someone that Sheff Wed would get automatic promotion after Dave Jones took over despite being many points behind at the time which sort of balances it out Smile
Indestructible

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Did Frank Warren attend a school for nobs? Rolling Eyes
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:14 pm

i saw this today its going to be fought in Luxembourg as no other country will sanction them to fight PMSL.
DCSW7
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:15 pm

stowjon wrote:
i saw this today its going to be fought in Luxembourg as no other country will sanction them to fight PMSL.

No, they're fighting in London
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:16 pm

not according to the news on radio 1 at 6pm. its in July and in Luxembourg
DCSW7
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:27 pm

stowjon wrote:

14th July @ Upton Park in London

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17987600
Seb
Full House

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:46 pm

I suppose boxing is like a terminal illness. You should be grateful for the next fight, whatever it is, because the one after will be even worse.
WBPP
Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:01 am

stowjon wrote:

ROFL

Anyone who buys a ticket for this or pays for the PPV can't be classed as a boxing fan IMO.

These two are scum.
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:28 am

Indestructible wrote:
Did Frank Warren attend a school for nobs? Rolling Eyes

No........but he did attend the school for people doing whatever they need to do to make as much money as possible.

They are meeting on July 14th at Upton Park and a loophole has been exploited because despite neither holding a licence, the fight is being sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation which according to Frank Warren was formed in 1922 and a full seven years before the British equivalent. So if the LBF sanctions the fight then a venue in England is allowed under the current rules as apparantly any member of the European Boxing Union has the right to sanction a bout whether the fighters are licenced or not that can be staged in another country.......am I being sceptical or did Warren know this months ago?????????

It stunk at the time......these guys are many things but they are certainly not skilled actors and some of the actions of Chisora after they were separated smacked of overkill acting to me.

People ought to refuse to watch this on general principle alone.
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:30 am

WBPP wrote:
stowjon wrote:

ROFL

Anyone who buys a ticket for this or pays for the PPV can't be classed as a boxing fan IMO.

These two are scum.

its taken a while but at last we agree on something Dance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: