Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bogus
At Won with No 28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Creq anyone?

Knifeboy made some good posts which I read. The rest is mainly sh1t.
StGilmore
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
evelyn - please go start a different fecking thread - the title of this one is 'wishing the Mob all the best'

http://midlifepoker.blogspot.com/
http://outthescammers.blogspot.com/
evelyn
Quads

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:40 pm
jackinbeat wrote:
Something is very, very wrong with all this.

I have respect for the mob, but fact is they've made money from us all playing on full tilt, and no one seems to have the balls to say why the **** are you not doing anything, or even accepting some kind of responsibility.

THIS INDUSTRY IS SO FULL OF BULLSHIT IM GLAD I?M BACK IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS!

Sort it out soon THM, you can't change what happened, and i'm sure you've lost money too, but you seem to be doing nothing to deal with the shit you've helped cause players by your affiliation with FTP.

Got it in one.
wicklowp
Flush

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:22 pm
Just want to wish the Mob all the best (as the thread is titled), hope things work out for everyone especially the staff employed by what I consider to be the best poker forum on the internet. Gl all.
zebediah
Freed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:26 pm
Honestly, the whinging is pathetic. I'm pretty sure that people who signed up for FTP through the mob did it for the superior rakeback only. Anyone who plays a decent amount of poker would have accounts on Stars, FTP and others REGARDLESS of this site.
To claim they signed up to FTP purely because of the mob is disingenious in the least.
Every argument they have put forward is weak and says more about their character than the people they are trying to undermine.

But it is typical of a certain breed of poker player to hate, snipe and even begrudge other people success in this business. Always have been and always will be.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:37 pm
I just hope this place stays, it deserves to.

Made a lot of friends here, hope to make more.
penko910
Full House

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:56 pm
zebediah wrote:
Honestly, the whinging is pathetic. I'm pretty sure that people who signed up for FTP through the mob did it for the superior rakeback only. Anyone who plays a decent amount of poker would have accounts on Stars, FTP and others REGARDLESS of this site.
To claim they signed up to FTP purely because of the mob is disingenious in the least.
Every argument they have put forward is weak and says more about their character than the people they are trying to undermine.

But it is typical of a certain breed of poker player to hate, snipe and even begrudge other people success in this business. Always have been and always will be.

+1.

Been trying to think of the right words to post, but this pretty much says what I wanted to.

I didn't have a rake back account, but I wanted one. Anyone who signed up through the Mob did so for a rake back account, not because the mob told them too.

Best of luck chaps, I'm sure you wont be short of offers, and good luck to your staff also!
AKhater
Quads

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:05 pm
I don't think I have ever gotten personal with anyone on this site before, but in this instance I think it needs to be said that Evelyn, you are a pathetic, childish troll. (And I really don't care if you comeback with some 'No need to get personal' comment, because I have decided to make it so.)

Good luck to the Mob. Hope you guys get a good new deal and are able to maintain the site and the staff in the future.
evelyn
Quads

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:34 pm
zebediah wrote:

There is a certain breed of player who does not like having his money effectively robbed off him and finds it galling when others who are agents for the site that's taken the money continue to make excuses for them and do not accept any of the responsibility for the trouble their agency activities have caused. Affiliates would not get paid if sites didn't think that they attracted customers who would not otherwise join.
eye n eye
Full House

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:11 am
AKhater wrote:
Good luck to the Mob. Hope you guys get a good new deal and are able to maintain the site and the staff in the future.

+1

And also sorry to hear about you losing your job because of the situation Grumble, hearing news like that really puts things in perspective for me.
Kid Mez
Trips

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:38 am
evelyn wrote:

THM did not give very good advice to any of us. They did not warn us that the site could be closed as a result of FT taking on American players and they did not advise use to take money off the site when it all kicked off a few months ago. The point of the affiliate relationship was to entice players on to the site and THM did this with various promotions and their own reputations as players and people. They will take a hit reputation wise. Didn't Tikay refund players who joined a poker site through him ? That's one way of keeping a reputation intact. THM must be loaded so they could do this as well.

"Envy has no holidays", Francis Bacon once said.

"The Hendon Mob employs a sizable staff of full and part time people.. "

I don't live in the UK myself, but THM actually contributes to your economy. Gives back to the world, if you will. People who complain 100% of the time and display nothing but discontent by default usually can't claim that much. They're just too occupied thinking that all responsibility rests with others. Don't be like that.

I'm self-employed myself, I'm guessing that you're not. There's so much more to business deals than that black-and-white simplistic criticism of some here suggests. That FT-banner argument makes me roll my eyes, tbh.

Being negative 100% of the time isn't going to change anything. Pointing fingers at others all day long won't help much either. Which is basically all we get to read from you and Khoumari Boy. With all respect to you both.

Best of luck to The Hendon Mob. I always liked reading here, I ended up here because of the articles on the homepage.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:32 am
First of wed like to say a big thank you to all the kind words of support here. To have people like Chris Austin actually offer their time to help is very touching.

For a number of reasons, some of which are outside our control, we dont really want to get into a big debate but we would like to clear a few things up.

Back in April when the DOJ acted and stopped American players both Full Tilt Poker and Pokerstars were in exactly the same boat. We didnt see it coming and we dont believe they did either. As poker playing online here in the UK is completely legal we didnt see any issues with our continued association.

How many of you are still playing on Stars?

When Alderney suspended the FTP licence we believed it to only be a short term issue and that FTP would be back very quickly. It is at this point that we would like to clear one thing up regarding the banners on this site. Shortly after the licence had been suspended we stopped sending traffic to FTP and using promotional banners. The banners simply carried an FTP logo and they went to a page on our site saying that FTP promotions were suspended and we made a public statement.

The recent reappearance of banners a few days ago isnt really reappearance at all. They simply became more noticeable because other banners had expired and still no banners went to FTP.com.

As FT pros and as the website was exclusively promoting FTP we were in a completely different situation to sites like Pokernews. This websites income was nearly 100% FTP and it was difficult to take banners down without us relinquishing our FT pro status.

It wasnt just a personal decision either. Our business and our staff relied on the FT revenue to exist. We were hopeful that FT would return but were aware that obviously at some point a decision might come when the situation was no longer sustainable.

As Bugs Bunny asserted in this thread the revenue share paid the website expenses and it has always been Mob policy to reinvest company money to improve the site and employ more staff.

Evelyn seems to think that we should do a Tikay and reimburse any players we have signed up to FT. Honourable was what Tony did but the circumstances could not be more different.

If we had a Hendon Mob card room we would of course be responsible for its running and its players. Otherwise there would be no Hendon Mob card room (or website or business or Mob). We were in no way responsible for the running of FT and its decision making. We were simply promoting it as an affiliate. Tikay was Blondepoker.

Whats more Evelyn says he would repay the players if it was him. Tonys liabilities ran to a low 5 figure sum. We dont have access to FT players account balances but we believe the players we signed up over the past five years would have collective balances in 7 figures over 100 times as much.

Further more Blonde were sub affiliates promoting FT and Jackinbeat was also a sub affiliate.

The Mob will be ok, thehendonmob.com will be ok. We hope all our FT signups will be ok and, as we have said, anything we can do to help there we will.

The Mob
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:28 am
great hearty reply to the HATERS and as soon as/if you sign to another site i will be one of the first to sign up, and this will be as a loyalty to thmf and nothing else.

THMF FTW not one time but every time!
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:46 am
Good luck Mob, that statement has cleared a few things up. You forget the human story goes both ways sometimes.
knifeboy62
Quads

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:01 am
stowjon wrote:
great hearty reply to the HATERS and as soon as/if you sign to another site i will be one of the first to sign up, and this will be as a loyalty to thmf and nothing else.

THMF FTW not one time but every time!

+1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: