Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumbledook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:51 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
you put a bet on at a bookies?

old school
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Grumbledook wrote:
you put a bet on at a bookies?

old school

Yep, but paid out and also included in a small accumulator which is just relying on Chelsea to win tomorrow...

Early start for me on the road up North. Not sure what sort of team we will have out, but come on City. Mr. Green
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:06 pm
Indestructible wrote:
For some reason I have been convinced to back Blackpool to beat Fleetwood today. Although now I am back from the bookies I am not so sure. Confused

backed Blackpool and Coventry double @ 6.5-1

FML
Seb
Full House

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:34 pm
SCHOLES!

lol?
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:16 pm
How bad was the decision to send off Kompany a couple of minutes ago.......straight red.....NO WAY!!

All to do now for City

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:28 pm
In real time play as I watched it, i said great tackle.

But, with what I am seeing week after week with what I used to perceive as straight forward fouls been yellow and red card offences, I am going to give up second guessing referees now.

I am sure that after seeing the replays though, that there will be some quarters who will justify that it was a sending off.
penko910
Full House

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:39 pm
In real time looks a great tackle, but why go in with 2 feet? By the laws, you can't tackle with 2 feet, no matter if you get the ball or not as far as I'm aware.
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:56 pm
The laws mention nothing about two footed challenges specifically. Just have to judge whether it's excessive force and/or endangers the safety of an opponent, personally I thought Nani was far enough away from the ball for it not to endanger his safety.
I wouldn't describe it in anyway as a good tackle, no need to go in that manner especially when players are shown loads of clips telling them these tackles are unacceptable before the season starts.
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:28 pm
One of the easiest penalty decisions ever and Foy can't get that right either.
Game on now !
peligruso
Full House

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:26 pm
The game has gone down the pan tackling wise, there Is no common sense, It's embarrassing.

On the commentary they said the rules are...Excessive force= red, reckless= yellow, make of that what you will.

Nani didn't even appeal for the foul which tells you everything.

Fwiw I think he went In 2 footed to try and keep control of the ball when he won It. Not saying 2 footed challenges are ok cos you're running the risk of the ref making the wrong judgement but like I said there's just very little common sense with the refs In general, that's the main problem cos most don't understand the game. It's a tough job and that's why they need help with the 4th official or whoever looking at the video straight away.
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:37 pm
Beginning to think the FA were right in having a retirement age. It's the old and young refs who seem to be having the worst seasons.
Grumbledook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:58 pm
away to anfield next round then
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 pm
Just back from game. Just looking at our subs bench I was worried that we had no-one to turn the game around and although everyone will comment on the money spent we were thin on the ground. Although I would have loved Suarez to come on for a few headlines at the end.

Ten minutes of domination and United score from the break with a good goal.
Then came the sending off which happened right in front of me. I had no idea what he was sent off for and had to send a few texts to get someone to clarify for me. Five live had a mixed bag of United fans quoting letter of the law and City fans quoting common sense so still don't know. Will have a look later and see whether it was right decision or not.
Couldn't see the penalty decision in favour of United as some numpty in front was trying to get out to the bar. Rolling Eyes
Second half great fight back. United weren't awarded what i thought was a blatant penalty and considered maybe the ref owed us one. But then he didn't give the penalty to us so maybe he just runs bad.

In a way I am hoping that getting knocked out will help us in the long run easing fixture congestion, but with Kompany now out for a month it maybe be a bumpy ride in the short term.

Anyway, come on Brighton bring on the Toon army at home by stuffing Wrexham. Very Happy
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:53 pm
Just watched the 4 key ref incidents and tried to do it with an open mind rather than wearing my blue tinted specs.
Sending off - wrong decision
United penalty awarded - right decision
United penalty not awarded- wrong decision
City penalty not awarded - right decision

Cool
Grumbledook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:54 pm
that is my opinion of those incidents as well

nice to see scholes back but hope he doesn't play like that in any more games this season ;o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: