Goto page Previous  1, 2 View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeanFoley
Quads

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Cheers Grumble.. i know this is at the cheap end but what do you think? Weight isn't an issue, but are resolution & processor levels miles out of date?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/dell-ins...08722469-pdt.html
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
1366*768 is a bit on the low side, I wouldn't call that an out of date resolution as it is still very common in newly released laptops

it just isn't very big so you won't have a great deal of screen real estate for placing tables etc

still may be fine for your purposes depends how many tables you want to run

you could always try setting your current computer to that same resolution to see what you can fit on screen

it does have a celeron cpu which is the low end processors from intel, should be fine for running poker on, though iirc those machines I linked for trace are higher specced in the same budget?

The lenovo I linked is a better spec for less money actually.

It is easier to find higher resolution in 17" laptops if size and weight aren't a consideration. http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/HP_G72-b10SA_1003506.html this HP has 1600*900 which is probably as big a res as you are going to get around this price.

Looking at that site they only have one laptop with a full HD screen and that is 914 ;]

If you are happy enough with a lower resolution though then that is down to your own preferences, you have to live with it at the end of the day. Just check the notebook review forums for some user feedback on any specific model before you purchase though.
The Reverend
In Rhythm

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:37 pm
Buying anything from Currys/Dixons is not a good idea unless you actually need to go into the shop and get it the same day. Buying from them over the web is madness.
SeanFoley
Quads

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:01 pm
I like that hpackard one you have linked me to Grumble, will prob go for that Smile
TraceT
Quads

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:47 pm
I got a new one.

Dell Inspiron M5030

A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We're flexible like that!! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: