Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:46 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Do they have any way of cross referencing the answers you give of do we have free reign to make up any old shit? In particular I don't know what to put for my job, poker player is a definate no no. Would also like to get a bit creative on other answers but don't want to land myself in trouble.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:50 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
put jedi.

everything else you will be legally bound to be honest.
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:51 am
only a tool would put jedi
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:53 am
Grumbledook wrote:
only a tool would put jedi

you must be a yoda then.
Jon MW
The British Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:19 pm
Matt101 wrote:
... poker player is a definate no no. ....

why?

2010/11 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain
5 Star HORSE Classics - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:21 pm
I am unrelated to anything star wars in any manner what so ever
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:23 pm
Jon MW wrote:
Matt101 wrote:

why?

Well for one thing, if the government gets on to the fact there are people out there making a living from poker they'll probably find a way to tax us.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:26 pm
Grumbledook wrote:

ewok?
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:27 pm
darrensprengers wrote:
Grumbledook wrote:

ewok?

bollox hes not one of my lot
Scunner_D
thweeet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:29 pm
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:32 pm
Heaven forbid we stop big brother collecting even more information with which to manipulate and create a police state.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:33 pm
F**K it i am actually going to become a jedi. That will show them.

These are not the droids your looking for. These are not the droids your looking for.
The Reverend
In Rhythm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:41 pm
Jon MW wrote:
Matt101 wrote:

why?

Seriously. I can only think this would be A Good Thing, if you were ever investigated regarding your having an income you're not paying tax on. Are you worried that when Labour get back in they'll start selling the census information to private companies or allowing their councils to decide if you're generating more rubbish?

Do you seriously think the Government is unaware that people are professional poker players!??? The reason they don't tax it is because it would cost them more than it would gain.

Census data is not shared with Government departments, it's used to create an overall picture, it's not about individuals. I am hugely against things like this usually, and delighted that LibCons will be removing many, but sadly no-where near all, of the various illiberal police state laws Labour brought in, but the Government is there to manage the country, it needs this sort of information to do that more efficiently.

There is a danger that when Labour get back in they will start opening up the information to all, or even selling to private companies, but hopefully that won't be for a long time, and I'll be living in Barcelona by then.
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:42 pm
Its not sand people look at the tracks and that. they are single file or hang on i should google this shite.
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:53 pm
The Reverend wrote:
Jon MW wrote:
Matt101 wrote:

why?

Seriously. I can only think this would be A Good Thing, if you were ever investigated regarding your having an income you're not paying tax on. Are you worried that when Labour get back in they'll start selling the census information to private companies or allowing their councils to decide if you're generating more rubbish?

Do you seriously think the Government is unaware that people are professional poker players!??? The reason they don't tax it is because it would cost them more than it would gain.

Census data is not shared with Government departments, it's used to create an overall picture, it's not about individuals. I am hugely against things like this usually, and delighted that LibCons will be removing many, but sadly no-where near all, of the various illiberal police state laws Labour brought in, but the Government is there to manage the country, it needs this sort of information to do that more efficiently.

There is a danger that when Labour get back in they will start opening up the information to all, or even selling to private companies, but hopefully that won't be for a long time, and I'll be living in Barcelona by then.

LOL Rev you are a card Hearts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: