Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
solid 9.5
lex
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Aside from anything already mentioned, Deadwood had three seasons and the first is super good. A quick download iirc Smile

Breaking Bad - watch from the start.

From a few years ago, Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared, Judd Apatow real-ish comedies, each ran for a season
lex
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:50 am
Watched the entire series of Terriers today, about a pair of private investigators. One main story thread and a few little ones. Can see how it got cancelled but enough high points.
TTman
Trips

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:46 am
Supernatural

Link

Link

Modern Family

Link
Jayden
Flush

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:02 am
others have already mentioned but...

the Shield - if you haven't seen this definitely start at the beginning and check it out. We boshed out from start to finish in about two weeks. Some of the season finale's are epic and the pace is pretty relentless. Bear with it too, not that season 1 is bad but it gets better. there's plenty of stuff throughout though that really helps if you've seen from the start as a lot gets referenced and is still relevant.

Sons of anarchy - if you like the above then you'll love this too. Same guy, couple of shield actors get cameos and longer running characters. probably my favourite show right now, the season 3 finale was epic and I've re watched it twice already

Stargate Universe - i hated what i'd seen of stargate in the past and while this has plenty of flaws it's grown up a lot from those old stargates. a lot of the characters are meh but one or two (greer, rush, young, lieutentant hooters) make it worthwhile. episodes are hit and miss, some are great, some really aren't but it's worth watching if you like sci fi stuff even a little bit

Firefly - brilliant ,the chemistry of the cast really comes across well and while the characters are quite basic its just great fun all the way.

the L Word - ok, probably not everyone's cup of tea but shane McCutcheon is my hero and my pretend best friend (yes, i have issues). I've always been hooked on this show and it really has everything from some great comedy to really deep and emotional stuff. love it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:49 pm
I like SGU but for me the best new sci fi recently was the remake of Battlestar Galactica - apart from the last half a series which was a reaction to director/producer/other influence as far as I can tell.

I've just started downloading The Wire.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:11 am
that keeps getting recommended to me by a couple of mates and they love it on the Nerd Hurdles podcast. It's definitely on the list to check out

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:18 pm
Boardwalk Empire: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0979432/

Great show. Up there with The Wire, imo.
lex
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:31 pm
Huh. I stopped watching Boardwalk Empire after a few episodes, seemed a bit aimless. Thought they were going for another Deadwood with real historical characters.
lex
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:51 am
I'm downloading Treme now. New one from David "The Wire" Simon, set in New Orleans.
AngusD
Flush

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:41 am
Where do you download from and, as 'Larry' once said, is it safe?
Angus
lex
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:27 am
lex wrote:
I'm downloading Treme now. New one from David "The Wire" Simon, set in New Orleans.

It has Bunk and Freamon. Tbh the New Orleans vibe never appealed to me but this is probably worth checking out.
RobGibraltar
Out to Lunch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:51 am
AngusD wrote:
Angus

iTunes for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:07 pm
AngusD wrote:
Angus

thepiratebay
Jayden
Flush

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:31 pm
I watched the first episode of True Blood last night, and instantly had to watch the next two before I fell asleep. Hooked
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: