Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie
Full House

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Rmaccov wrote:

Can't believe I haven't seen The Pacific yet!

Me neither!

If Santa doesn't bring it, then it will be purchased post-haste after the day of boxingness.
oldbloke
Quads

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Nikita. Plot holes a mile wide, but fun. Mind you you've missed most of it now.
thegrimble
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:49 am
I am not an animal. BBC animated series about talking animals (its a lot funnier than it sounds!) Steve Coogan does a few of the voices.

Link

or

East Bound & Down (but only the 1st series), HBO series about a washed up baseball pitcher. Awesome series and Will Ferrell plays a brilliant cameo in some episodes.

Link
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:39 am
The Pacific was really dull, I liked Band of Brothers but Pacific I didn't even finish watching which is unusual when I start watching something.

I don't like most the shows been mentioned in this thread to be fair ;]
Roger Porter
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:31 pm
Been holding off watching The Wire for ages but started watching it this week. Very good.

The Event is an interesting one. A bit like televisual crack, worth a watch.

Pete versus Life. Funny.

Psychoville. Dark and funny.

Misfits. Heroes Lite meets Shameless. Different.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:42 pm
The West Wing is really good and ran for 7 seasons. Don't need to be into politics to enjoy as I know loads of people who loved it without having any interest in politics.

For comedy watch Curb Your Enthusiasm or Peep Show if you haven't seen them.
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:31 pm
I started watching The Shield and although the main character tilts me - he looks, acts and dresses like an American Grant Mitchell - its pretty good.
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:20 pm
some hot latin honey joins at some point ;]
Welshman
Full House

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:54 pm
Showing my age here but if you've never watched Roots from beginning to end it's worth the time.
danmonkey
Full House

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:09 pm
Firefly is the shizz.

Seen Rome(HBO/BBC)? If not then watch watch watch.
tjm8
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:31 pm
danmonkey wrote:
Firefly is the shizz.

Seen Rome(HBO/BBC)? If not then watch watch watch.

loved Rome, have the box sets, great recommendation Very Happy
skinnydookie
Straight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:47 am
Nem wrote:
Has anyone watched Arrested Development? Any good? What tv show is it similar to?

Also: Firefly

Any other tv show recommendations, pls post itt.

I've got the first two series of Arrested Development on DVD and am watching them again (nearly finished series 1) with my girlfriend. They are very funny but I dont think they are that well known over here as they were never shown at a sensible time.

There are loads of actors you will recognise from a vatriety of films (and a Strokes video).
duds
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:56 am
rentaghost - cutting edge comedy and apparently russell brand is going to be in a film version
Jackdaw
Full House

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:58 pm
darrensprengers wrote:
firefly is the best sci fi series ever. to not make more means abc(i think) can rot in hell for ever.

Well, maybe not the best ever but certainly a contender.
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:16 pm
Just gonna start watching Nip Tuck, been meaning to do so for ages after I watched a few eps on tv a while back.

Kimber is well hot!

Famke Janssen (from Rounders ldo) is in it for a while as well, her character has a secret that I'll not spoil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: