View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottMGee
Full House

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Does any one know how Sharkscope calculate the ability/100 stats?

Its just I found a player tonight with the following stats:-

Games played - over 1000
ROI - -66%
Profit - -$3,000
Ability - 52/100!!!! WTF?

His graph is just like this "\"

Name withheld as now added to my buddies and I don't want to tap the glass.
GibraltanMonkey
Straight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I think the minimum is 50, so if you lost every game it would be 50
whammer
Full House

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:01 pm
GibraltanMonkey wrote:

indeed - i haven't seen anyone under 50 no matter how steep their graph

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:49 pm
GibraltanMonkey wrote:

Who thinks up this shit Rolling Eyes

Just make the scale 0 - 50

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:00 pm
there nothing on the sharkscope website about a scale of 50-100.
whammer
Full House

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 pm
ScottMGee wrote:

indeed

c+p

What is the Ability /100 statistic?
The Ability rating is a rating that goes up to 100 and shows a player's ability based on an assessment of all the other statistics we have compiled for that player. It allows you to easily compare players who play significantly different stake levels and tournament types - for example a player who loses a small amount at high stakes games is likely a better player than a player that wins money at very low stakes games - and so may well have a higher Ability rating.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:12 am
ScottMGee wrote:

Yes but it still seems impossible to get under 50 and players in the low fifties are appallingly bad.
FATPETE
Trips

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:36 am
ScottMGee wrote:
Does any one know how Sharkscope calculate the ability/100 stats?

Its just I found a player tonight with the following stats:-

Games played - over 1000
ROI - -66%
Profit - -$3,000
Ability - 52/100!!!! WTF?

Can't work it out must be a mistake unless he loss every game then had one big cash

I've played 1300 game have a ROI of 9% with a profit of $285 and my ability is 63 and i'm micro stakes so it's harder to get a rating above 70

he must be crap lol and just had one big cash or the shark scope is wrong, scope has to be out i've seen micro stakes playes win $35 and get a rating of 67

the shark has to wrong.

At what ****in point did you think you had me beat?
FATPETE
Trips

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:40 am
lol sorry

it's -$3000 yeah if he's played at higher stakes he'll get a better ranking but 52 is still poor, -66% man that's some tilt.

FATPETE
Trips

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:50 am
Poor players at higher levels get can better rankings than Average players at lower levels
i'd be interested to know what the bench mark is?

think to be honest know one knows i've had a look before can't find the answers it's there secret.

evelyn
Quads

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:44 am
FATPETE wrote:
Poor players at higher levels get can better rankings than Average players at lower levels
i'd be interested to know what the bench mark is?

think to be honest know one knows i've had a look before can't find the answers it's there secret.

That's right isn't it?A break-even high stakes player is better than most winning players at much lower stakes.Sharkscope seem to have kept the formula to themselves but as far as I can make out at 90+ is brilliant,75+ is very,very good,60 is quite poor and anything under 55 is awful.
zebediah
Freed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:19 am
Psychological reasons?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 am
zebediah wrote:
Psychological reasons?

Of course.No-one wants sharkscope telling them they are bad.
Maccydee
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:31 am
Volume of games also seems to make a point of difference too. For example anyone with 500 games always has a 51/52 score even if there results are terrible. The minimum score you can have is 50.

Depending on the type of game your playing, but anyone with data for more than 200 games with a 59+ score, who's prodimently playing my fav game (9 SNG $10) will be a great player at that level. An example of which, is matydred13, who had the highest 2009 & 2010 profit at $5 -15 level, 9-10 seat non turbo in the world according to Sharkscope and yet only has a rating of 70.

In fact using that as a benchmark you might as well ignore the system as it's clearly not that useful.
Pizzicato
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:54 am
My coach and my SS's...

To be honest ILS pretty much crushes my average buyin (he has been massing the $60 9 mans recently as well as $114's etc) while I have pretty much been sticking to my usual grinds and still cant run half decent in $12 180's...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: