View previous topic :: View next topic  
We are the prod
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Newbie here , hi all. Playing a long structured big stack tourney. 51 players . Second blind level , 25-50( that's right ) my button I've got 5h5d.5 limpets including me.flop comes j 9 5 , two diamonds one heart. First to act puts in a small bet, 3 callers, I reraise 7 times the bet and get two callers! About 4k in the pot, turn 6 clubs. First to act checks . Second goes 7500!!into a 4ooo pot!

Where do you go ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Home because they have a straight or bigger set.

Seriously what are your stacks before any betting on the turn?

Your not folding are you?
fraac
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:23 pm
I can't fold here except against very predictably tight players, cos I'm shit.
We are the prod
High Card

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:24 pm
Sorry fellas, forgot to give you chipcounts . Starting stack 15k, beginning the hand with 149xx , he has 17 kish. Feed me your rational.( can I spell ?)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:37 pm
I put him on 99 or J9, conceivably AJ without a diamond, QQ is a possibility too, all assuming he knows what he's doing and you can even assign a range. First to act is irrelevant. If he checked the set you're screwed and there's nothing you can do about it.

There's no straight or flush possible, you have a set. If you're not getting all your chips in here you're never going to win a tournament, even though half the time you're going to be shown a bigger set.

Welcome to the forum!
peligruso
Full House

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:10 pm
7 8 would make a straight rev, although it's the most unlikely, more likely AJ, J9, pair with a flush draw.

Easiest shove in the world.
fraac
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:14 pm
Live it isn't an easy shove. They get real tight.
We are the prod
High Card

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:47 pm
Reverend please, no str8 possible! Really, you must play round Blackpool!hmm
must try harder
appeared on your report
only joshing old boy!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 pm
Btw , folded, shown str8, won tournament! Chopped 3 way , equal money for top 2, 1 hand of sweat for points! Got me my second mention on this site! Do you play norbreck?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:59 pm
No disrespect to the rev. Thanks for the welcome.
I reconed the double bellybuster had nearly wet his pants and overbet the pot.I'm 4 an a
bit to one to bingo . But no value!fold. I was on 'kin fire!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:16 pm
Great fold then, not sure if it's a winning play over time though.

Why are you calling pre to hit a set then folding?

Stupid of him to show you the straight aswel because he knows it will make you feel great if you folded a big hand. You might not have played as well for the rest of the tourn if you were going over and over in your head whether you made the right decision or not.
The Reverend
In Rhythm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:11 pm
[ ] Noticed a turn had been dealt even despite the title of the post. Thought the action was on the flop

Embarassed Embarassed
We are the prod
High Card

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:14 pm
The Reverend wrote:
[ ] Noticed a turn had been dealt even despite the title of the post. Thought the action was on the flop

Embarassed Embarassed
Really rev. What's the title again?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: