View previous topic :: View next topic  
itsmemark72
Full House

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/ne...anual_115039.html

I hope to god this doesnt happen...can see it all ending in tears...anyone else have an opinion?
Brendan Lobster
Trips

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Where's Desert_Orchid when you need him? (the guy on the forum not the horse, ldo)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:59 pm
I think Nicholls stated a few weeks back that his intentions were possibly to run Denman in the National.
He's such a big powerful horse, and Nicholls of course craves a win in this race so I can understand why he may take the gamble and run him.
I had an antepost bet on him at 20/1 a while back which I have now laid off (at 10s)so purely from a financial point of view I hope he runs, stays out of trouble and wins.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:42 pm
horse racing is for degens
itsmemark72
Full House

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:21 pm
Pilf wrote:
I think Nicholls stated a few weeks back that his intentions were possibly to run Denman in the National.
He's such a big powerful horse, and Nicholls of course craves a win in this race so I can understand why he may take the gamble and run him.
I had an antepost bet on him at 20/1 a while back which I have now laid off (at 10s)so purely from a financial point of view I hope he runs, stays out of trouble and wins.

I cant help thinking this is more to do with Harry Findlay than Nicholls...IMO Nicholls wouldnt run a horse like Denman at this stage in his career, with his main target the defence of his Gold Cup crown and another showdown with Kauto Star, on the back of an injury plagued season. Findlay however will just see the pound signs.

Guaranteed top weight, in a field of 40, against horses lesser in ability but focused on the National....many a top class horse has been made to look ordinary at best in the National, and thats if they have got round at all...i remember Dark Ivy being a hugely short priced favourite being all the rage and the next Red Rum...third fence i think it was when he came to grief quite literally.

Great National horses have been notoriously modest in their normal National Hunt campaigns....its just a gamble i really dont think worth or needs taking...yet?
placemat
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:41 am
itsmemark72 wrote:
Pilf wrote:

I cant help thinking this is more to do with Harry Findlay than Nicholls...IMO Nicholls wouldnt run a horse like Denman at this stage in his career, with his main target the defence of his Gold Cup crown and another showdown with Kauto Star, on the back of an injury plagued season. Findlay however will just see the pound signs.

Guaranteed top weight, in a field of 40, against horses lesser in ability but focused on the National....many a top class horse has been made to look ordinary at best in the National, and thats if they have got round at all...i remember Dark Ivy being a hugely short priced favourite being all the rage and the next Red Rum...third fence i think it was when he came to grief quite literally.

Great National horses have been notoriously modest in their normal National Hunt campaigns....its just a gamble i really dont think worth or needs taking...yet?

Findlay would run him but his partner(cant remember his name)Isn't that stuck on the idea.He says its more of a back up if he dosen't run in the gold cup.Also Findlay has great respect for his partner and wont go against him.
placemat
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:42 am
BugsBunny wrote:
horse racing is for degens

shows what you know Mr. Green
robhammer
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:34 pm
itsmemark72 wrote:

I think he's suited to the National, and he won't have problem giving the weight away. The problem is that if he runs, most of the field are going to be out of the handicap, which isn't really what this race is about. I hope he swerves it too.
Checkov
Royal Flush

itsmemark72
Full House

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:12 am
Was good news IMO...though worrying to hear Nicholls brutal assessment of Denman after his very lacklustre return on Saturday....."we have possibly already seen the best of him"...."needs to improve but not sure he can"....

I didnt think horses, especially NH horses, could be one season wonders....?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: