Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
why did wenger let ronaldo go on that basis then

no manager is infallible
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Grumbledook wrote:
why did wenger let ronaldo go on that basis then

no manager is infallible

Thought they got out bid?
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:14 pm
I dunno the full ins and outs but I was under the impression that wenger had first refusal and refused
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:20 pm
Grumbledook wrote:
I dunno the full ins and outs but I was under the impression that wenger had first refusal and refused

Wrong.
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:21 pm
Lucius Sweet wrote:
WeeBaws wrote:
As for Dolphin head, he was a bad influence and couldn't bide his time by a few months.
Obviously a good player but not worth risking the morale of the whole squad.

Yeah you've got other players like Gallas for that!

oh snap!

Ahhhhhh Lucy,
You sneak a last minute win and you come back on. Good to see you.

See the champions elect played well at Wes Ham today.

What do you call Liverpool without Gerrard and Torres?

West Brom Wink
Lucius Sweet
Quads

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:34 pm
WeeBaws wrote:
Lucius Sweet wrote:
WeeBaws wrote:
As for Dolphin head, he was a bad influence and couldn't bide his time by a few months.

oh snap!

Ahhhhhh Lucy,

West Brom Wink

yeah, hilarious as it is it sort of applies to all the teams, like Man U without Ronaldo and Carrick and Chelsea without Lampard and Terry. As Arsenal don't really have any quality players I can't finish the sentence, but good luck hanging onto 5th this season.

I'm sure the stars will be lining up to play UEFA cup football next season

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:40 pm
WeeBaws wrote:
I think AFC would still have pulling power of AVFC even if they could offer CL for that season. Really can't see it being a regular occurence. Still a while for us to get back into it. Was pleased to see Arshavin and Eduardo on the bench. Might give us a lift.

The league will be far more competitive over the coming seasons due to citehs money.
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:42 pm
WeeBaws wrote:
Lucius Sweet wrote:
WeeBaws wrote:

oh snap!

Ahhhhhh Lucy,

West Brom Wink

Gerrard and Torres must be pretty fckin good then if they can challenge for the title on their own.
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:07 pm
Lucius Sweet wrote:
WeeBaws wrote:
Lucius Sweet wrote:
WeeBaws wrote:

oh snap!

Ahhhhhh Lucy,

West Brom Wink

yeah, hilarious as it is it sort of applies to all the teams, like Man U without Ronaldo and Carrick and Chelsea without Lampard and Terry. As Arsenal don't really have any quality players I can't finish the sentence, but good luck hanging onto 5th this season.

I'm sure the stars will be lining up to play UEFA cup football next season

Doesn't bother me mate, support them through thick and thin.
Ie go to the games.
Better places to visit in the Wafer cup.

Wink
Lucius Sweet
Quads

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:16 pm
You're getting better at backtracking, I'll give you that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:21 pm
WeeBaws wrote:

Because he's not a top 4 (5!) player.

Obviously if he rated him he wouldn't have let him go in the first place. You pretty much answered your own question Rolling Eyes

And Song, Denilson and Steve Sidwell are?

At the time of Palacios' trial, Wenger thought that Palacios was not an improvement on what he had - Diarra, Gilberto, Flamini etc... and he was correct and not that Palacios "wasn't good enough for a top 4th/5th" EPL team.

At this current time your center midfield is Denilson and Song and Palacios is a superior player to both of them as they are both pants.
Murph
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:23 pm
WeeBaws wrote:
Murph1984 wrote:
WeeBaws wrote:
barmybadger wrote:
Arsene really should have signed a couple of players in the window. Bringing in a barry or a senna would have seen arsenal into the top four this season. Midfield is much too light to make it now. Artera too.

This sort of thing gets my goat.

You can't just go out and sign these players in the window if they aren't available.
Why the hell would Villa sell Barry?
Everton Arteta etc at this time of the year.
Not going to happen.

Why didn't he get in for Palacios? It was Wenger who spotted the guy in the first place.
Also i've said it before and i'll say it again,Lassana Diarra(letting him go) was the biggest mistake he will ever make in his career(same as Mourinho).

Because he's not a top 4 (5!) player.

Obviously if he rated him he wouldn't have let him go in the first place. You pretty much answered your own question Rolling Eyes

Half your squad are not top 4 players Cool

Palacios is better than what you have at the moment.

And the reason Diarra was a pain and was making waves is because he is/was blatantly head and shoulders above anyone else in the squad that plays his role but he was never given time on the pitch.
LegendAl
Trips

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:20 pm
WeeBaws wrote:
Thoughts?

Draw probably a fair result. Thought we looked pretty comfortable, and would be a bit worried about the amount of pressure you didn't put us under.

Obviously Eboue should be deported.

It was oh so quiet at the Lane though....... Wink

I'm guessing you weren't there then.

Arsenal must be truly embarrassed by their away support sometimes.
WeeBaws
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:14 pm
LegendAl wrote:
WeeBaws wrote:
Thoughts?

Draw probably a fair result. Thought we looked pretty comfortable, and would be a bit worried about the amount of pressure you didn't put us under.

Obviously Eboue should be deported.

It was oh so quiet at the Lane though....... Wink

I'm guessing you weren't there then.

Arsenal must be truly embarrassed by their away support sometimes.

Your hearing must be letting you down Al or did it not come out to well on Sky?
fatshaft
Quads

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:05 pm
WeeBaws wrote:
I think AFC would still have pulling power of AVFC even if they could offer CL for that season. Really can't see it being a regular occurence. Still a while for us to get back into it. Was pleased to see Arshavin and Eduardo on the bench. Might give us a lift.
Villa have a great manager, well run under the Yank, and have made clear strides since O'Neill arrived. As long as they beef up their squad in the summer, they will be up there as long as O'Neill stays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Sports and Betting All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: