Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACES
Full House

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:01 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi All

Rather than occasionally putting threads up re events at the club i thought i would start this one and regularly update it.

For those that haven't been here yet after 13 months we now have 12,700 members and are growing by 130 a week. We currently have 7 tournaments a week with entry figures that match festival attendances for most card rooms.

Our Wednesday 25 tournament is averaging 180 players this year.

Thursday we have a 50 No Limit comp which this week had 110 players and also a 10 beginners comp that had 124 players.

Friday our 75 comp had 85 players and Saturday we set a new record for our 50 comp with a staggering 214 players and a first prize of 3771 !

On Sundays we have a 75 and a 25 comp which got 82 and 129 last weekend.

Our first comps start at 8.00pm and the second 8.15pm and we accept late registration for the first two levels.

Wednesday 4th Feb we have a 20 rebuy Super Satellite to win 330 seats in to our 50,000 guaranteed deepstack tournament next weekend . We are guaranteeing 10 seats for this.

The first 330 deepstack in January had 295 players , next weeks is capped at 270 so get here early , there are already 55 players registered.

On Fri 6th Feb we will be starting a new 25 tournament which is likely to prove very popular and on Saturday 14th Feb we will be adding a second 10 beginners comp.

Our website has had a dynamic tournament section since March last year where you can see live the entrants , seat draw , current and final positions for every player.

http://dusktilldawnpoker.com/tournamententries.php?id=581

We have just launched a dynamic feed to our home page where you can see how many cash games we have live as well as what they are and how many players are on the lists.

Fantastic information for those travelling to play here to be able to check what is available.

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/

Last night at 1am we had 13 games running including 0.50 1 , 1 2 No Limit , 2 2 PLO and ROE and 2 2 + 5 5 DC so something for everyone.

We have also now mounted our Gallery of Champions , this comprises of 36 world class players all painted as caricatures.

I look forward to welcoming you to Dusk Till Dawn.

All the best

ACES
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi,

I would like to play te 300 next weekend. DO i need to regoster before or will there definatly be spaces on the day?

cheers
M POWER
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:27 pm
I'd buy in online

It will sell out on the day

Regards

M
ACES
Full House

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:14 pm
With 2 days to go to our February 300 Deepstack guaranteed at 50,000 we currently have 77 players registered.

Our cap is 270 + alternates for the first two levels.

We open at 5pm Saturday and start time will be 7pm.

Our 50 at 8pm is capped at 81.

Both tournaments dealer dealt.

Last month we had 521 players at our peak so expect another great weekend of poker at Dusk Till Dawn.

All the best

ACES
ACES
Full House

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:09 pm
Aprils Monthly 60,000 Guaranteed Deepstack now 11th / 12th

Last year 420 Norwegians descended on Nottingham for the Norwegian Poker Championships which this year takes place first weekend of April clashing with our 50,000 Guaranteed Monthly Deepstack.

540 Norwegians are expected this time and coupled with the fact that we now average 240 players a night for our regular events we have decided to move our 60,000 Guaranteed monthly deepstack to the following weekend 11th - 12th April.

I will remind everyone nearer to the time.

Cheers

Simon
ACES
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:42 pm
Since we opened Friday night has always had a 75 No Limit event apart from a few weeks where we tried a 20 rebuy.

Wednesday has always been our 25 comp night and now averages 180 players . 5 weeks ago we added a 25 comp on Sundays and that has averaged 105.

Starting 8.15pm tonight we are adding a third 25 comp every Friday in addition to the 75 comp at 8.00pm.

We hope this will be popular for players travelling here who now have a choice .

With no work for most on Saturdays this could grow to be our most popular weekly comp.

We run 4 leaderboards for our 25 / 50 and 75 comps each month where the winner gets a seat into our 150 Monthly Deepstack with 10,000 Guaranteed.

In addition we have an overall Leaderboard and the top 3 win seats into our 300 Monthly Deepstack guaranteed at 50,000

All players that visit 4 times and play a tournament or cash in a month receive 25 in DTD Pounds to spend the following month on ebtries , food , drink or merchandise.

Cheers

ACES
ACES
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:37 pm
Hi

We have had over 30 phone calls to the club asking if we are cancelling the 300 Deepstack tomorrow due to the bad weather conditions.

I can assure you the event will be going ahead .

As i write we have 105 players registered , the guarantee is 50,000 !

Several players may not travel so currently there is a potential 18,500 overlay.

We have staffed for 270 so if there is a shortfall we will have plenty of dealers available for cash games lol .

Cheers

ACES
ACES
Full House

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:13 pm
We open in 50 minutes for our 300 Monthly Deepstack with 50,000 guaranteed and currently have 168 entries.

Hopefully we will sell out at 270 for another monster prizepool.

Will update later.

Cheers

ACES
RobGibraltar
Out to Lunch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:12 pm
how come the limit went on at 250 not 270? Two of our guys got turned away, and then the cap was raised to 315 with them now back at the end of the queue and probably not going to be able to register?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:12 am
RobGibraltar wrote:
how come the limit went on at 250 not 270? Two of our guys got turned away, and then the cap was raised to 315 with them now back at the end of the queue and probably not going to be able to register?

The original cap was 270 . Within 30 minutes of opening we hit it but the screens showed 250 as we still had 20 to enter from online registrations.

We raised the cap to 315 due to the demand for seats and we managed to get all 45 alternates in by the start of level 3.

To enable this we had to call dealers who had been scheduled to start at 7.45pm asking them to come in early.

Under the circumstances i think all our staff did a fantastic job.

With a 108,000 prizepool and 32,000 for the winner we have set a new record .

We will have a meeting on Tuesday to decide how best to service what is clearly the best value monthly competition in the UK.

Cheers

Simon
RobGibraltar
Out to Lunch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:00 pm
good event overall, would this be split onto 2 days in future or just started earlier on the saturday and use all tables? with the rate people were dropping you'd have space for cash and the 50 by 8pm probably if you started the saturday at 2pm....

well done to all the dealers who were dealing for hours with only minimal breaks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:25 pm
Really enjoyed the event. Almost got a guy to fold KK early on when i had QQ. Had the read he had KK but lost my bottle for the final all in to fully represent AA. The way the hand played it was obvious i was folding QQ and all in with AA for total polarisation of hands. I just thought he would level himself to call. After he told me he would of folded. Cost me 4000 early on though.

Went as low as 1700 with the blinds at 100-200 before storming back to 15,000 with a combo of ace high holding up and a good read in a 3 way pot.

Then went out on this hand. The worst player at the table raised in cutoff and the button calls and i call in the bb with 10 7 clubs. blinds 200-400. The raise was to 1200. flop come 5 10 K two clubs. I bet 2000 first to act and the worst player pushes all in for 14000. Button folds ad obviously he has KJ or KQ so i have to call. i am slight favourite and i am getting very juicy odds. He turns over KJ and i dont improve. I say it was KJ or KQ because he raised more with premium that he did with mid strength. Thats right he was that bad. Still great tourny and looking forward to the next one.

The only thing i would say is that the dealers i the cash and the tourny were not clear on some of the rules but as they had not had many breaks i did not complain too much.lol They were all nice guys.

Also it was great to meet Ranny and Rob.
DCSW7
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:45 pm
darrensprengers wrote:
Also it was great to meet Ranny and Rob.

Shocked I don't believe that for a second! Mr. Green
ACES
Full House

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:31 pm
Following the incredible field this weekend for our 300 and a prizepool of 108,000 we have decided to increase our cap to 333.

Alternates will be allowed during the first two levels.

We will not be increasing the cap on the day no matter how many players turn up.

Buy in will be possible online until Friday 6th March 7pm , then you will be able to buy in live at the club.

Alternatively we are having 2 Super Satellites on Wednesday 25th February and 4th March with 10 seats guaranteed.

Our Sunday 150 which this week had 150 players has also had the cap raised to 162.

Cheers

ACES
ACES
Full House

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:54 am
Just a reminder that we have added an extra Super Satellite for the monthly 300 Deepstack.

Tomorrow at 8.15pm 20 rebuy with 10 seats guaranteed.

Same next Wednesday.

Please remember this event is capped at 333 and live buy ins are available from Friday 6th 7.30pm.

Cheers

ACES
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Live Cardroom News and Promotions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: