View previous topic :: View next topic  
btstorey
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Is there any rules on poker sites about having 2 accounts running from 1 IP address? (not playing at the same time)

my flat mate wants to open a poker account and im wondering wheather he needs to join a site I dont play on?

Thanks
slippymac
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
It's not a problem on any of the crypto sites (Will Hill, DTD etc).

You can even play on the same skin at the same time as each other but not at the same table.

If you play in the same MTT, one of you is automatically "sat out" if you're put on the same table, so that's not a good idea.

Other than that separate cash tables or STT's are fine.
btstorey
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:22 pm
Thanks mate
silentnick
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:55 pm
slippymac wrote:
It's not a problem on any of the crypto sites (Will Hill, DTD etc).

You can even play on the same skin at the same time as each other but not at the same table.

If you play in the same MTT, one of you is automatically "sat out" if you're put on the same table, so that's not a good idea.

Other than that separate cash tables or STT's are fine.

I'm pretty sure that my old flatmate and I played on the same tables of MTTs fine, possible that we may have played some cash/STTs too.. I'd imagine that they're more likely to be watching you for signs of collusion, but as long as you take all of his money it should be fine! (Think it would have been mainly iPoker)

One, two, three, four, five,
Once I caught a fish alive...
slippymac
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:10 am
Thinking back, you're right about the STT's, I remember taking my Brother's dosh off him.

The MTT sit out situation is/was correct as I remember being blinded out of one (on crypto anyway).
jun_fan_lee
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:57 am
In our uni house about 4 of us had pokerroom accounts (Ongame network) so i think its ok there. Not sure about the big sites FT, Stars etc
OwenP
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:33 pm
Ask the site support. When they e-mail back a reply you have a reference number to fall back on if they ever want to investigate your activity in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: