Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Due to circumstances beyond our control, welcome to the new and improved Sports betting thread. Wink
What is the view on the Newcastle Birmingham game? I have backed this at 2.25 to 1 for the draw and 8 to 1 for a 0-0.
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Not a bad start, would have preferred a 0-0 but 1-1 keeps me in profit. Wink
Desert_Orchid
Quads

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:03 pm
Well done Indy imo. 100% record for this new thread Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:28 am
Draw in the 3rd test - NZ v England

The weather is dodgy.

There has only been 5 test matches at the venue - 4 have been draws.

Neither team will make risky declarations and risk losing the series.

Have a feeling Vaughan will convert his good form into a century at 5/1 too.
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:37 am
I did wonder why a draw was a favorite for this game.
Cheers.

Wink
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:34 am
GibraltanMonkey wrote:
Draw in the 3rd test - NZ v England

The weather is dodgy.

There has only been 5 test matches at the venue - 4 have been draws.

Neither team will make risky declarations and risk losing the series.

Have a feeling Vaughan will convert his good form into a century at 5/1 too.

A series of results and situations which will lead to the draw being artificially short....may be worth laying the draw now rather than backing it.

The Dean
Jc 7s 7d As
www.pokerheaven.com/thedean
funnyname
Flush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:09 am
Chelsea 6/5 to beat Spurs, lump on!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:42 pm
funnyname wrote:

I agree. Spurs were woeful on Sunday against a decidedly mediocre City team. They did not deserve to take the lead and looked tired and jaded from their European disaster. They won't have had much of a rest and I can see Chelski putting them to the sword now that they're back in the frame for the Prem title and, of course, to avenge their Carling Cup defeat.
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:05 pm
Moo wrote:
funnyname wrote:

I agree. Spurs were woeful on Sunday against a decidedly mediocre City team. They did not deserve to take the lead and looked tired and jaded from their European disaster. They won't have had much of a rest and I can see Chelski putting them to the sword now that they're back in the frame for the Prem title and, of course, to avenge their Carling Cup defeat.

Its funny how value is such a grey area but IMO 6/5 Chelsea feels a tad high but not overly so to me. I wouldnt make Chelsea better than Evens.

I understand the reasons quoted but Chelsea were not exactly that great against Sunderland either and Ramos will fire Spurs up for a derby like this. Him and Poyet will not let Spurs' season end in March thats for sure.

The prices in premier matches are pretty tight usually unless the betting public drive the prices one way or the other. I fancy a draw although it could go either way IMO and MU to be 5pts clear of the blues tonight......best laid plans and all that Laughing

The Dean
Jc 7s 7d As
www.pokerheaven.com/thedean
zebediah
Freed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:36 pm
Hard one to call really, Spuds no longer give a crap about the league that is blatantly obvious, but at home against Chelsea they will IMO raise their game.

Chelsea weren't great saturday, but they they are just do enough team. Will bite their arse before the season is out sitting on 1-0 leads.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:44 pm
Quite, 6/5 on Chelsea at White Hart Lane is NOT good odds.
Grumbledook
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:58 pm
The Reverend wrote:

more like 5/6 eh rev
The Reverend
In Rhythm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:25 pm
Match could really go any way, why take the shortest price option??? I can't say I fancy Spurs to win it but out of a draw at 3.5 and an away win at not much better than evens I know which one I'd take...
Moo
Quads

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:25 am
Huge value on Ivo Karlovic to beat Andy Murray tonight at 12/5 with Bet365 and Totesport. Karlovic is the best server on tour at present, has developed a stylish volley over the last few years and is in good form after reaching the semis of Rotterdam last month (Murray lost to unknown Robin Haase in the first round of the same event). On his best form you would expect Murray to have too many weapons for the big Croat but, after struggling to beat low-ranked Jurgen Melzer on Sunday, I make the Scot a coin flip at best.
funnyname
Flush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:01 am
The Reverend wrote:

Why?

Spurs's season is over

Chelsea are 3 points off the top of the league

Chelsea's record over Spurs for the past 10 seasons is savage (sorry don't have the exact figures, but Chelsea fans don't call it3 point lane for no reason)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131  Next
Page 1 of 131

Jump to: