Goto page 1, 2  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigdunn
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I don't often post HH's, but this is bugging me.... The bet sizes may not be that standard but I'd been making .85 raises with a variety of hands and betting any more would have screamed of AA/KK at that point.

Full Tilt Poker Game #5622096906: Table Esk (deep 6) - $0.15/$0.30 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:42:04 ET - 2008/03/13
Seat 1: Rogue_Chia_Pet ($59.35)
Seat 2: steff101070 ($21.40)
Seat 3: phipopo ($74.65)
Seat 4: Rawwi ($30.10)
Seat 5: HERO ($64.05)
Seat 6: POKerGIZ ($124.30)
steff101070 posts the small blind of $0.15
phipopo posts the big blind of $0.30
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Kc Kh]
Rawwi calls $0.30
HERO raises to $0.85
POKerGIZ folds
Rogue_Chia_Pet calls $0.85
steff101070 folds
phipopo folds
phipopo stands up
Rawwi calls $0.55
*** FLOP *** [4d 6s 8s]
Rawwi checks
HERO bets $1
Rogue_Chia_Pet calls $1
Rawwi folds
*** TURN *** [4d 6s 8s] [6h]
HERO checks
Rogue_Chia_Pet bets $4
HERO raises to $9
Rogue_Chia_Pet calls $5
*** RIVER *** [4d 6s 8s 6h] [Ah]
HERO bets $10
Rogue_Chia_Pet raises to $48.50, and is all in

me????
The Reverend
In Rhythm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
If you are just making every raise the same amount it should be more than 85c, 3-5BB.

Flop and turn look fine. Not sure why you are betting out on river, and a large bet at that. You must check and give him a chance to bluff at you with busted draws. What hand that you beat is possibly going to call the $10 bet there?

As played I definitely fold the river to the reraise.
NevadaKaz
Full House

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:40 pm
Flop bet is a little small for my tastes.

Turn c/r is good if you know he will bet a high proportion of the time.

River, too big to be a blocking bet, it's not a value bet, so not sure what it was all about. Tough spot though, very read dependent on what to do on the river with regards to betting.

As played I cant see anything but a fold being correct.
Mr America
Flush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:42 pm
Hi Rev.

Flop and turn look pretty bad to me. The pot is $3 on the flop and the board is draw heavy. I bet the pot there. The turn check is made especially bad by the fact that craig made such a small flop bet, which means villain will be checking behind and getting a free card on this turn with more hands than if it had been a pot bet on the flop. Either way I lead the turn. The river bet is less than half the pot, so not really a large bet, but yeah just check call craig.
BugsBunny
Legend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:45 pm
Check-Call that river every time.

Edit- I agree with Mr.America about the flop, You should bet 85-90% of the pot here. $1 is just horrible.
Brit_Abroad
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:35 am
Preflop: Problem with the smallish preflop raises is that you offer great implied odds with your big hands. Better to raise more consistently.

Flop bet is horrible. I would rather check here than bet only 1$. Bet 80-100% pot!

I prefer to lead the turn rather than CR. Once he calls your CR, why are you leading the river? He either has you beat or wont call (but might bluff). Check it to him and call.

The way its played, you have to fold.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:17 am
my god. dont you play for a living craig? if so then wow.
MISTR0
Quads

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:26 am
Quote:
The way its played you have to commit suicide

imo
jun_fan_lee
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:57 am
I sit in these rooms sometimes on FT wots ur SN? Very Happy

I think u need to make at least a pot sized raise pre in this or any game for that matter.
I'd have bet slightly more on the flop and eith flat on the turn (if u fear he has something like A6 and hit trips) or make your raise larger maybe around ~$14
on the river as played id prolly check call his bet although i'm prolly a bit worried he has A7 or A8 for 2 pair.
craigdunn
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:28 am
Thanks for the (constructive) comments. Yeah, I realised I played the hand really badly and thats part reason why I posted it as I wanted to get some more input from different people. I thought my main mistake was the silly bet on the flop, which I agree was far too weak. The check-raise on the turn I didn't think at the time was so bad, but I think by the river I got confused at where I was in the hand and kind of lost my head a bit :-/

As it happens, I did fold, he implied he had something like 33 but I don't believe that for a second.
craigdunn
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:30 am
MISTR0 wrote:
my god. dont you play for a living craig? if so then wow.

*yawn*
MISTR0
Quads

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:36 am
serioulsy do you actually play poker for a living?
craigdunn
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:43 am
MISTR0 wrote:

No, and I don't think I would ever want to. I enjoy the game too much as a recreational activity to sacrifice it for a daily grind out.

Of course, you've never played a hand badly in your life so would never post anything like that, I on the other hand am humbled by your brilliance and in an effort to identify what happens when I lose my head a bit and play a hand really badly have no problem posting it to a forum for comments rather than forgetting it and posting a show-off hand for applause, and putting up with an immature nobody who's managed over 1,700 posts of mostly pure drivel is just the price to pay for some of the more helpful comments here.

Anyway, your rock is missing you.
MISTR0
Quads

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:45 am
wat
NevadaKaz
Full House

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:55 am
craigdunn wrote:
MISTR0 wrote:

Of course, you've never played a hand badly in your life so would never post anything like that, I on the other hand am humbled by your brilliance and in an effort to identify what happens when I lose my head a bit and play a hand really badly have no problem posting it to a forum for comments rather than forgetting it and posting a show-off hand for applause, and putting up with an immature nobody who's managed over 1,700 posts of mostly pure drivel is just the price to pay for some of the more helpful comments here.

Anyway, your rock is missing you.

Worng side of bed this mroning Craig ?? Laughing

Also I didnt say in my original post, but if increasing your pre flop raise would have screamed monster to the table, you can exploit this when you dont have a monster.

That or come play limit, I promise you my pre flop raise never gives away my hand Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: