Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scampman
Flush


Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 723
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:42 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
The cash out curse does seem to exist in my experience. I combat this by cashing out from all my accounts before I go to Vegas every year. By the time I get back the poker sites are shitting themselves that they've lost me forever and I have juicy deposit bonuses and sometimes free money on the accounts. Sweet!
_________________
Beats, Busts and Bongo at

http://scampmanio.blogspot.com
AndyGreekfish
Two Pair


Joined: 06 Mar 2008
Posts: 80

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:53 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Spartan wrote:
Why, when the rigged/not rigged thing gets aired do people automatically think that a program has to be crooked to someones advantage/disadvantage?

The poker sites couldn't care less about individual winners and losers. What they want are lots of players. That way maximum rake and maximum deposits.

How could they increase that? Easy. Generate loads of exciting hands. Make it like an arcade game. Big swings. Quads. Straight flushes. Crazy outdraws, you name it. Noobies will love it, so much more fun than playing a live game!

Anyone who argues that a poker site wouldn't risk sharp practices coz it's already making shit loads of money should remember Enron.


100 percent right.
zebediah
Freed


Joined: 09 Aug 2005
Posts: 5877

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:57 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
AndyGreekfish wrote:
Spartan wrote:
Why, when the rigged/not rigged thing gets aired do people automatically think that a program has to be crooked to someones advantage/disadvantage?

The poker sites couldn't care less about individual winners and losers. What they want are lots of players. That way maximum rake and maximum deposits.

How could they increase that? Easy. Generate loads of exciting hands. Make it like an arcade game. Big swings. Quads. Straight flushes. Crazy outdraws, you name it. Noobies will love it, so much more fun than playing a live game!

Anyone who argues that a poker site wouldn't risk sharp practices coz it's already making shit loads of money should remember Enron.


1 percent right.


Tidied
_________________
because you very very retardo i lose
justine
High Card


Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:15 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
these types of threads scare me as a new player.

Ive been playing a terrific site called GoWild Casino so far and have been having great fun there no problems.

Never tried FullTilt before, though i aim to do so later tonight. any other recommended and scandal free sites ?

tnx!
donkasaurus
Flush


Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 738
Location: Newbury

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:20 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
justine wrote:
these types of threads scare me as a new player.

Ive been playing a terrific site called GoWild Casino so far and have been having great fun there no problems.

Never tried FullTilt before, though i aim to do so later tonight. any other recommended and scandal free sites ?

tnx!


The only thing that should scare you is a Mark S post. Online poker ain't rigged. Do try Fulltilt. Make sure you sign up for the Mob's Rakeback deal too.
_________________
A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Whu4life
Straight Flush


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 3160
Location: Stirring

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Why has this been dug up? we already have enough of these dumb online is rigged threads.
Scotty1989
Banned


Joined: 14 Sep 2006
Posts: 2450

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Mark S. wrote:
For many years now I've played online poker, as I'm sure 99% of readers of this forum has.

In all those years playing I've won & lost but never made a consistent profit, as I'm sure 99% of readers of this forum have not. The question is...WHY?

There have been thousands of posts in hundreds of forums about IF on-line poker is rigged in some way. Well as a person that understands how on-line poker is put together I honestly believe that it IS and here I'll explain as to WHY I believe this!

Lets start with the basics...

Online Poker is a COMPUTER PROGRAM.

Whereas in 'live-play' true randomness is achieved in poker as cards have no memory in the world of computer programs randomness cannot be achieved as the computer KNOWS what has happened once any card is dealt.

e.g In live play a dealer deals you an Ace of Clubs as your first card. The 2nd card you receive will be absolutely random (in fair play) as the cards themselves have no clue as to what your first card was. In computer play the computer KNOWS that the first card you received was the Ace of Clubs (as it needs to know for determining the winning & losing hands) and so therefore the computer program has knowledge of your hand.

In any online game therefore there are PROCESSES designed by humans that allow for winners & losers to be determined. In order for there to be a winner then there has to be a loser.

So how do we make a winner?

In my opinion winners are designated at the time the deal commences. Of course the ACTUAL winner may not be the one that was pre-designated as human actions may, or may not, help to ensure that this is the case but in general I believe this to be the case.

Processes programmed in are sometimes farily obvious in the way they are achieved. Hands like KK v AA will 99 times out a 100 initiate player reaction where all the money is in the middle at SOME STAGE during hand play whereas if you're given a hand like Q-2 then its 99% likely that you'll be folding.

This is also true of live-play and because of this owners and software developers can always state that 'thats poker' and thats the way it is...but is it?

Of course winners in general need to be identified as such and to the system they're possibly flagged by way of a rating system which allows players to be recognised as a 'winner' or a 'loser'.

Rating systems may work as follows:

Winners-> New player, regular player (daily)
Losers -> Just cashed out, irregular player

Between the player types of winners & losers there are those catagories that most of us fall into and that is one of neither winner nor loser to such a degree as we'd care too much about!

With a rating in place for every player on site then the software can ensure that winners are those players that are 'supposed' to win. After all...winning players have more money to play with and therefore have more chance of being involved of raked games.

Remember...online poker operators are in business to make money. What costs them money is withdrawals and they discourage withdrawals as much as possible by ensuring that you do it as little as often!

As software has become more sophisticated then the games you're playing on-line become ever more experienced in determining who should win and who should lose.

If you doubt any of this to be untrue I offer you the following experiment...

1) join a COMPLETELY NEW on-line poker site with $100
2) Cash out when you get to $500 (as you undoubtedly will)
3) redeposit $100
4) see how quick you lose it!

Questions welcome!



LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


MATE! GET OFF!!!
BugsBunny
Legend


Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 4301
Location: Swing trading rock star!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Everybody that thinks on-line poker is rigged is a losing player, FACT.
ReggieK
The Guvnor


Joined: 16 Oct 2005
Posts: 5759

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
BugsBunny wrote:
Everybody that thinks on-line poker is rigged is a losing player, FACT.


Absolutely wrong
BugsBunny
Legend


Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 4301
Location: Swing trading rock star!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
ReggieK wrote:
BugsBunny wrote:
Everybody that thinks on-line poker is rigged is a losing player, FACT.


Absolutely wrong


I'm not wrong.
The Dean
Straight Flush


Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 3209
Location: with position on you

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
BugsBunny wrote:
Everybody that thinks on-line poker is rigged is a losing player, FACT.



I wouldnt go as far as to say that Bugs......there is ample justification for people to think all sorts of things for lots of reasons given some of the scandal that has been proven.

A large percentage of the people who think that online poker is rigged are more than likely losers as they are obviously not winning money that leads to them altering these views but that doesnt apply to everyone.
_________________
Carl Sampson can also be seen on his blog at www.pokersharkpool.com
BugsBunny
Legend


Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 4301
Location: Swing trading rock star!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
The Dean wrote:
BugsBunny wrote:
Everybody that thinks on-line poker is rigged is a losing player, FACT.



I wouldnt go as far as to say that Bugs......there is ample justification for people to think all sorts of things for lots of reasons given some of the scandal that has been proven.

A large percentage of the people who think that online poker is rigged are more than likely losers as they are obviously not winning money that leads to them altering these views but that doesnt apply to everyone.


But these people lack common sense, and if you don't have common sense, how can you win at poker Very Happy
The Dean
Straight Flush


Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 3209
Location: with position on you

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
BugsBunny wrote:
ReggieK wrote:
BugsBunny wrote:
Everybody that thinks on-line poker is rigged is a losing player, FACT.


Absolutely wrong


I'm not wrong.



This is the key for me because there are no absolutes either way and its this that creates the problem because there are many grey areas. But any experienced online player already knows what the situation is anyway....its the people in the dark and the people who cannot make it pay who tend to complain the most.

My article tomorrow discusses this a bit futher actually.
_________________
Carl Sampson can also be seen on his blog at www.pokersharkpool.com
Scotty1989
Banned


Joined: 14 Sep 2006
Posts: 2450

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Mellmish & ChewMe1 . I know him personally. He is 21 now.

Hes up over $20,000 with ChewMe1 & $10k with Mellmish online with a %150 with ChewMe1 ROI & Ave stakes of only $11 $22 $55.

He started with $80!!!!!!!!!

Hes cashed out 15,000 CASH! And still WINS!!!!!!!

His biggest cash only 3.8k. HE DIDNT GET LUCKY TO WIN over $30k TOTAL!

to win at online poker is a bore. You sit there to play 100,000 hands then decide. I'm sure Mark S has probebly only played around 100 - 500 online tournaments.


Last edited by Scotty1989 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
BugsBunny
Legend


Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 4301
Location: Swing trading rock star!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Quote:

This is the key for me because there are no absolutes either way


I disagree

Lets look at Ladbrokes. Someone give me one reason why it makes sense for this company to rig poker. Go reg i'm waiting
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum