Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148, 149  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
knassen
Full House


Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 798
Location: NO(R)WAY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:21 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Runner Runner 8/10 but Im a nerd to pokah/gambling related films
paddymick
Straight Flush


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 3455
Location: Leicester

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:58 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
knassen wrote:
Runner Runner 8/10 but Im a nerd to pokah/gambling related films


''When a poor college student who cracks an online poker game goes bust, he arranges a face-to-face with the man he thinks cheated him, a sly offshore entrepreneur.''

Ben Affleck, Justin Timberlake, Gemma Arterton

Not see this and not heard of it but from that short description sounds awful! Like poker as an excuse for a thriller, rather than a film about poker, plus some 'online pokah is rigged' morale thrown in.

Is it worth watching?
knassen
Full House


Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 798
Location: NO(R)WAY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:45 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
paddymick wrote:
knassen wrote:
Runner Runner 8/10 but Im a nerd to pokah/gambling related films


''When a poor college student who cracks an online poker game goes bust, he arranges a face-to-face with the man he thinks cheated him, a sly offshore entrepreneur.''

Ben Affleck, Justin Timberlake, Gemma Arterton

Not see this and not heard of it but from that short description sounds awful! Like poker as an excuse for a thriller, rather than a film about poker, plus some 'online pokah is rigged' morale thrown in.

Is it worth watching?


not a must see film but I enjoyed it.

Last Vegas with great actors , Freeman, MDouglas and Di Niro gave me some late night laughs

6-7 /10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1204975/?ref_=nv_sr_1
paddymick
Straight Flush


Joined: 08 Aug 2007
Posts: 3455
Location: Leicester

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
That's another that looks truly awful. Don't know if i'd be able to overcome my cynicism that it's just a crappy cash in, to enjoy it. I'll wait for the video Very Happy
darrensprengers
Misclick


Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Posts: 7551

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
american hustle. 7/10 i liked it but thought i would like it a lot more than i did. pretty excellent in every area but just lacked that something to make it a casino or goodfellas. but a very good film none the less.
Rigsby
Forum Challenge Champion


Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Posts: 1909

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
knassen wrote:
Runner Runner 8/10 but Im a nerd to pokah/gambling related films


What a load of pants

1.5/10

and that is being kind Very Happy

you need educating toby
_________________
"o8 is Medicine" Knassen
knassen
Full House


Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 798
Location: NO(R)WAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:04 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Rigsby wrote:
knassen wrote:
Runner Runner 8/10 but Im a nerd to pokah/gambling related films


What a load of pants

1.5/10

and that is being kind Very Happy

you need educating toby



Good recovery Luigi, hope u feel bether next week
darrensprengers
Misclick


Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Posts: 7551

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
The Wolf of wall street 9.5/10 lump on for di caprio oscar and best picture. done deal

secret life of walter mitty. 7.5/10 good film and no real criticism except you cant help feeling its a bit over processed and a better guy to play walter mitty would be easy to find.

grudge match 6/10 funny and worth watching in parts. this could of been a surprise classic as de niro is excellent and stallone is rocky. weak script and hurried story line that is a surprise considering its long running time. you cant not watch it but you will probably feel a little let down.
cottlad
Straight Flush


Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 2674
Location: East Yorks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
G R A V I T Y 8.3/10
The storyline is fairly basic and the characters don't show much depth. The script doesn't really ask for a decent acting performance as it's either small spats of radio dialogue, or grunting/yelping when things get a bit sketchy. This is all made up for and much much more by the cinematography. Just f*c)ing WOW Shocked Easily the best 'shot' space film of all time. I watched the whole film pretty much open mouthed at the camera work. It's really difficult to differentiate the special effects from real life and the whole film leaves you asking yourself 'how the fook did they do that?' The easiest answer was that it was all actually filmed in space as there's not one moment to make you doubt that. Am really looking forward to see the 'making of.'

Spoiler:
Anyone else think a better ending would have been her crawling out of the water to be met by her daughter? Or was that option intentionally put there for the audience to possibly expect?

_________________
Fortune favours only the prepared mind!
http://cottlad.blogspot.com/
Indestructible
Royal Flush


Joined: 21 May 2005
Posts: 15760
Location: Final Table

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
darrensprengers wrote:
The Wolf of wall street 9.5/10 lump on for di caprio oscar and best picture. done deal

secret life of walter mitty. 7.5/10 good film and no real criticism except you cant help feeling its a bit over processed and a better guy to play walter mitty would be easy to find.

grudge match 6/10 funny and worth watching in parts. this could of been a surprise classic as de niro is excellent and stallone is rocky. weak script and hurried story line that is a surprise considering its long running time. you cant not watch it but you will probably feel a little let down.


Not in the running at the moment, at 66 to 1 for best film, are you backing it?
darrensprengers
Misclick


Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Posts: 7551

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:39 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Indestructible wrote:
darrensprengers wrote:
The Wolf of wall street 9.5/10 lump on for di caprio oscar and best picture. done deal

secret life of walter mitty. 7.5/10 good film and no real criticism except you cant help feeling its a bit over processed and a better guy to play walter mitty would be easy to find.

grudge match 6/10 funny and worth watching in parts. this could of been a surprise classic as de niro is excellent and stallone is rocky. weak script and hurried story line that is a surprise considering its long running time. you cant not watch it but you will probably feel a little let down.


Not in the running at the moment, at 66 to 1 for best film, are you backing it?


i cant find 66 to 1. but i will stick a 100 on it if i can get 40s up
cottlad
Straight Flush


Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 2674
Location: East Yorks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
All Is Lost
3/10

Really disappointed in this. Redford was terrible and it was annoying to see him hobbling about a boat acting like he was 10 yrs older than he actually is. Painfully slow for a single handed yachtsman. Nothing at all had any realism. He made idiotic decisions constantly. He seemed to have superhuman strength on numerous occasions. The storm scenes were a joke. There was so much scope for a true story of heroism/survival but it seemed to want to focus on him sitting down next to a large sun hat whilst getting painfully sunburned. I nearly turned it off in disgust. Maybe I'm more tuned in to the realism due to my various yachting jobs and current skippering job, but I can't see the layman watching this and getting a thrill.

If you want a true story of survival and want to truly discover what the word awesome means, go read Steven Callahan's Adrift: Lost at sea for 76 days. It's a Shocked book for pirates and landlubbers alike.
_________________
Fortune favours only the prepared mind!
http://cottlad.blogspot.com/
Seb
Full House


Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 912

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:22 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Dredd - 9/10

This is a proper film. Remember when they used to make proper films? This is one of those.
peterH
Porn Baron


Joined: 04 Apr 2006
Posts: 3007

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:54 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
We're the Millers 6/10

A standard things go wrong in a funny way, they try to get things right in a funny way, happily ever after film, but towards the decent end of the scale. I enjoyed it more than I fought I would.
_________________
The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other peoples money.
Indestructible
Royal Flush


Joined: 21 May 2005
Posts: 15760
Location: Final Table

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Robocop
I kinds went in yo the film thinking why have they rebooted this. Maybe if I hadn't seen the original I might have liked this more, but generally didn't get above ok.
6 out if 10
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148, 149  Next
Page 147 of 149

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum