Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 147, 148, 149  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Checkov
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hitman is very good for what it is. Probably the best computer game adaption I've seen.
RobGibraltar
Out to Lunch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Checkov wrote:
Hitman is very good for what it is. Probably the best computer game adaption I've seen.

really? I may go and see this tonight i I donk out of the local 10 RB Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:12 pm
RobGibraltar wrote:
Checkov wrote:

really? I may go and see this tonight i I donk out of the local 10 RB Very Happy

Go and see No Country For Old Men.
Scunner_D
thweeet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:10 pm
I saw "Once" recently and liked it a lot. Its a bit quirky in that its a musical set in Dublin about a singer songwriter who meets a Czech girl - but done in a low budget, documentary indie style. If you're fed up of block busters and want something a bit different - give it a go. If you're a metal head or into hip hop gangsta rap - give it a miss. oh... and there's always a chance that you'll completely puke at it - as I think it is a "love it or hate it" type film.

(Its made quite a few end-of-year lists I see as well eg LA Weekly 2007 Best Films)

Link
RobGibraltar
Out to Lunch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:16 pm
Nemesis wrote:
RobGibraltar wrote:
Checkov wrote:

Go and see No Country For Old Men.

I saw neither - I was going great guns until some donk called my all-in shove with an overpair and busted me with a runner runner flush. And was then congratulated by the ignorant old bastards at the table who dislike me cos I proved them wrong time after time on rule violations, and the fact that they don't know how to work out multiple side pots. I was then in a foul mood so didn't want to play the cash game, and just went home and sobbed into my pillow Very Happy

Last edited by RobGibraltar on Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
arry grout
Straight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:49 pm
rise of the footsoldier is a very good british film.pretty violent in places

ttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901507/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:02 pm
arry grout wrote:
rise of the footsoldier is a very good british film.pretty violent in places

ttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901507/

I didn't like it. It starts by telling Carlton's life and then just tells the story of the Essex boys assassination.
MISTR0
Quads

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:07 pm
i watched home alone 2 yesterday. its good.
RobGibraltar
Out to Lunch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:25 pm
M1STRO wrote:
i watched home alone 2 yesterday. its good.

stop plugging your own films...........

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:21 pm
madride wrote....

If you've not checked out 12 Angry Men give it a try. Quality movie and better than any of the dodgy remakes. it's got Quincy in it what more do you need

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050083/

top quality film!!!never get tired of seeing this film...lol
fatshaft
Quads

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:26 am
OdinUK wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
I thought I would start up a film thread. Maybe recommend some decent films for fellow THMFM's and stuff Smile Warn us about crap ones!

Anyhoo, I'll start.

Last film I saw was:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0480249/ Film length 101minutes.

I saw this film last week. I was pretty disappointed with it to be honest. The film is a cross between Castaway and Resident Evil, with Will Smith as the lead. Unfortunately the film lacks dept. As it seems to get going, it ends. The film is only 101 minutes long, and IMO with the great story should have been a longer. The director just seemed to run out of ideas.

I would give it a 6.5/10

I watched this and was pretty dissapointed. My brother read the book a few years back and said it was pure class, however the movie is quite different from the book. Including the ending which is nowhere as good as what i was told happened in the book.
Just watched this the other night, like any book to film, the film is never as good. Luckily I haven't read this one, so enjoyed the film, but I have to agree it just sort of ends. There's no explanation to why the "cure" became a virus, and I think the lack of depth comment is pretty much spot on.
MISTR0
Quads

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:10 pm
home alone 3 starts in 5 minutes omg omg channel 4 gogogoo
Nem
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:54 pm

http://imdb.com/title/tt0477348/

I watched No Country For Old Men the other night. The Assassin is the most menacing character I have ever seen. The cinematography is excellent, a really great film. I would be very surprised if the Assassin doesn't win best actor award at the Oscars.

9/10
MISTR0
Quads

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:18 pm
can someone tell me how to download a film and the convert it so it works in itunes then on my ipod?

i used to know but forgot.

infact, i do know, i just need a convwertor.
MISTR0
Quads

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:20 pm
just ingnore me actually for the time being i think i got it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 147, 148, 149  Next
Page 2 of 149

Jump to: