View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:07 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Anyone play it,

And if so,
any hot young stars of the future i should know about?

(Great having an off topic forum so i can now post these type of questions Very Happy )
Full House

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:11 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Played - won everything I cud, so the appeal isnt there anymore..

Arsenal young kid - Merida is quality as is Denilson

Andrea Carraciola also...goal scoring machine, but it doesnt work the same in each game...
BigD
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:12 am
Ermm.. not that I know of, I went CSKA Moscow, there GK is pretty decent. Young Bulgarian at Juve Bojinov (or something close) is decent.
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:19 am
Misneach,

Yes,
Merida is top quality,being an Arsenal fan i nurtured him into superstar status,
Denilson,not great but good.

I have not won everything yet,just the Premiership and carling cup since 6 months ago when i bought the game,
I am now managing my other supported team (Barnet) Very Happy and got relegated in the first season so had to start again,
This game is so much harder than the other ones,clocked all the others but this is difficult to my challenges.

BigD,
Yes that is Bojinov,
He is lethal.
Full House

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:22 am
Not every game produces the same talent of a player, Ive been playing championship manager from it first came out, and then football manager this season, although I played it at the beginning when it came out..it didnt find it too difficult, I found it enjoyable and if you download the updates its more fun..just a little more added, I enjoy starting from the lower divisions, it can get to u big time with fustration but all in all very enjoyable.
BigD
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:25 am
I really enjoy these types of games. I play in a PBM as well!
Misneach
Full House

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:29 am
Vincent Kompany good player for a cuple of seasons, might become bit of moaner after while though

bale and Richards are great in it..and also mcmurray I think his name is,
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:43 am
Yeah,
I have played it for many years,i think i started with CM3 where Luke Moore (of ipswhich i think it was) and Robbie Keane where the most lethal strikers in the game,
My favourite player all time these games was Andri Sigporsen (something like that) who i used to buy for 170k and turn him into the most lethal striker on the game and worth multi millions,
There are two games now,"championship manager" and "Football Manager" but Football Manager is actually the old Championship manager,because the company of CM had two parts,when the company split up,they were broken into two halves with the release of Football Manager being the old CM,and then Championship manager (who i think only had the rights to the name but not the software) brought out a new version called "championship manager" and with there own software.

Interesting stuff Wink

Kompany always gets homesick,he is a good solid defender but there is no hope of ever keeping him without him wanting to leave all the time.
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:43 am
BigD wrote:
I really enjoy these types of games. I play in a PBM as well!

What is a PBM ?
Full House

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:47 am
BigD
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:49 am
Play By Mail. Well its now a cross.

Its a football "community" with diff premiers and within the premiers tehre are different Divisions 1-3. These are populated by teams with managers or unmanaged teams.

When you start you can either start your own team, then name your players who all have ratings 4 - 10. You then play like you are a real manager transfers etc. There are usually 4 games every 2 weeks 1 a game. A bit of good online banter its not everyones cup of tea however.

*********Apologies if this next bit is spam*****************8

The one I play is www.loadfootball.com
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:52 am
Sounds interesting,

You can also play Football Manager over the internet and beat other people who think they are the best,
I never worked out how to do it,not that ive really looked into either,but i might one day.
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:16 pm
Freddy Guarin, Renato Augusto, Luizao, gerard pique, bale, higuain, artem ben arfa, carlos vela, andres guardado, gio dos santos, micah richards, akinfeev, gabriel obertan, anderson (porto), vanden borre, vedran corluka, armand troare, stuart giddings, daniel sturridge. Just look through the youth teams of top clubs.
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:46 pm
Checkov wrote:
Freddy Guarin, Renato Augusto, Luizao, gerard pique, bale, higuain, artem ben arfa, carlos vela, andres guardado, gio dos santos, micah richards, akinfeev, gabriel obertan, anderson (porto), vanden borre, vedran corluka, armand troare, stuart giddings, daniel sturridge. Just look through the youth teams of top clubs.

I know all the ones in bold,

Guarin is good sometimes and bad sometimes,
Hatem ben arfa takes about 7 seasons to really start playing at top class level,
Michah Richards i never bother with as it costs around 30m to buy,
Igor Akinfeev is always my number 1,
Vanden Borre always gets homesick,but i always buy him anyway,and Carlos Vela is currently one of the most lethal strikers i have ever had,

I do look through the youth teams every season,also send the scouts and at the start of each season i do a search for players 17years old max,and have a look at everyone whos on the list.

I think i spend too much time with these games Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: