Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
ariston
Flush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
when there is a dispute like this it is best to have it sorted face to face with an arbitrator- someone who is used to high stakes gambling and respected in the gambling capital of the world. This is what is being done in vegas over the next few weeks and threads like this or blogs like DNs really don't help.

Its between them- they either welched or have been cheated, let the Judge Judy of the gambling world decide and comment then. I'm sure they will sort this out and be one big happy sick gambling family again real soon
andyexpat
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2DdJu...lated&search=

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:52 pm
Alex B wrote:
This forum seems a little like a Salem witch trial.

Have any of you seen the bits of Southpark, where the Mayor says something (anything) and all the crowd just start shouting "rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble"?

I don't think there is enough information to know who was right

Id have to agree its quite funny really every1 just jumping on the bandwagon with little or no information a bit hypocricital.

Last edited by The Sheriff on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
dcf4
Flush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:55 pm
i say pistols at dawn myself Laughing
CptSensible
One Pair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:02 pm
From the Rules of Golf

6-2. Handicap
a. Match Play
Before starting a match in a handicap competition, the players
should determine from one another their respective handicaps.
If a player begins a match having declared a handicap higher
than that to which he is entitled and this affects the number of
strokes given or received, he is disqualified;

Ivey is a cheat - End Of

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:11 pm
CptSensible wrote:
6-2. Handicap
a. Match Play
Before starting a match in a handicap competition, the players
should determine from one another their respective handicaps.
If a player begins a match having declared a handicap higher
than that to which he is entitled and this affects the number of
strokes given or received, he is disqualified;

In whose opinion? Yours?
RobGibraltar
Out to Lunch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:41 pm
final words on the subject:

lol, blogaments...........

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:42 pm
lol, Negreanuaments
Indestructible
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:49 pm
Golf rules! Next someone is going to tell me that i shouldn't use a tee when I am in the rough. Rolling Eyes
midgeure
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:18 am
I have known Ram personally for over 5 years and he is the most sincere honourable poker player I know. So I will always wait for Ram to talk about it in private not in public as that is the kind of guy he is.

Very few gentleman in poker and Ram is one of the few I respect.
midgeure
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:35 am
To add to this, knowing the hendon mob personally, I cannot think of a group of poker players who would be more insulted by a question of their integrity than the mob.

Joe, Ram, Barney, and Ross have done the most of any UK players to advance the cause of poker nationally. I cannot see them risking their reputation for a few bucks as they have spent years dragging poker into the public eye in Europe as a sport and a game of skill.

P.S. I do not work for them before u ask
Barny
Mobster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:26 am
Believe it or not, when I responded to Daniel Negreaneu's blog I had not read the first half of it, which I skipped assuming it was a personal account of his thanksgiving dinner. I had been told there was something about the Golf Match in there and I skipped down to the second half of the blog.
I have just read the bit about the 'pool game' and I've got to say that had I read it before I might have had a little more to say in my letter. I just read it a moment ago on this thread.
As I have said, it is for those involved to give their versions of events at a time and place of their own choosing and I am not anyone's spokesperson. But had I read the full blog I would have added to my comments that the pool game story is a grotesquely inaccurate charecterisation of what I understand to have taken place. From the amount won in a previous match, to who 'made the match' to the continual doubling of the stakes. All the key points in Daniel's story are disputed.
As convinced as he may be that things happened that way, I am equally sure that they did not.
I did not intend to carry on talking about this, but I felt I had to add this comment having read the whole thing to explain why I did not address these points so directly before.

Daniel was good enough to respond to me personally . He pointed out that it was not him who first discussed this matter publicly and made it clear that he feels he is speaking up for a friend who in his view has been unfairly vilified, and does not have the platform or the disposition to speak back for himself. That is an admirable sentiment. I feel exactly the same way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:38 am
Barny wrote:

Daniel was good enough to respond to me personally . He pointed out that it was not him who first discussed this matter publicly and made it clear that he feels he is speaking up for a friend who in his view has been unfairly vilified, and does not have the platform or the disposition to speak back for himself. That is an admirable sentiment. I feel exactly the same way.

Except you did not attack anyones character or publicly accuse anyone of anything.

I think DN is totally out of order to claim in public that Ram is refusing to pay money he knows he owes. Totally offside. It has completely changed my ideas of him.

The defence for talking about it in public? "Well, he started it." Very mature.

But I just can't get past that he would dare call Ram a welsher in public. Its disgusting.
Hutchylad
Quads

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:44 am
ArthurAttic wrote:

I don't think that was quite the angle that was intended. I feel you have grabed the wrong end of the stick. What I got from what Barney said was that DN said that he was not the first to mention it, not "he started it." and DN mentioned it(wrongly or...wrongly) to defend a friend who couldn't really defend themselves, which I can understand.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:13 am
Hutchylad wrote:
ArthurAttic wrote:

I don't think that was quite the angle that was intended. I feel you have grabed the wrong end of the stick. What I got from what Barney said was that DN said that he was not the first to mention it, not "he started it." and DN mentioned it(wrongly or...wrongly) to defend a friend who couldn't really defend themselves, which I can understand.

But that is not what DN is saying on the blog threads of his Forum. There he is clearly saying that he wrote about it because it had been raised by MG and that this blog was a retaliation. DN has definitely abused his position of having a blog that reaches thousands of people and putting out a one sided version of events to blacken the reputation of two fellow professionals.

A lot of people have taken his word as fact - and do not even think that there could be another side to the story. A shot gun jury.

Unprofessional at best..... .childish and immature definitely....but it is probably even more serious than that for the two players whose reputations have been dragged through the mud in the most public way possible - by a player who (until now) has commanded respect from the international poker community.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: