Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
ariston
Flush

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
ive posted to the fact on his forum and been ripped apart by the americans that i think ivey is using DN as his mouthpeice. This was gonna be sorted in a few weeks when they are all in vegas so Ivey stirring things up before they go over to get some of the other big name gamblers behind him just stinks.
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I believe everyone at Dans F.C.P forum has a blow up Negraneu doll they take to bed at night.
Any further up him they`d be brushing his teeth.

Reg
Ace old
Band

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:05 pm
I Might Join The Forum
You Coming Reg
Like When We Was Kids

I Know It
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:01 am
D N has confirmed for me what Ive thought for a very long time, hes an egotistical pompous PRICK . Barny you should give him a slap (seeing as your about the same size) just kidding.

I gave up reading his journals a long time ago as all he ever wrote about was complete self rightious (sp) bollox. Hes a great pokerplayer no doubt but DNs' class goes no further than the felt.

Ariston, why on earth do you get involved on his blog, do you honestly think you would get any reasoning there?
Doc Farrell
Trips

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:08 am
I Know It wrote:
D N has confirmed for me what Ive thought for a very long time, hes an egotistical pompous PRICK . Barny you should give him a slap (seeing as your about the same size) just kidding.

I gave up reading his journals a long time ago as all he ever wrote about was complete self rightious (sp) bollox. Hes a great pokerplayer no doubt but DNs' class goes no further than the felt.

Ariston, why on earth do you get involved on his blog, do you honestly think you would get any reasoning there?

please consider the possibility that you may be wrong.
it's probably wiser that this thread is locked.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:22 am
CarpeAnnum wrote:
Daniel posted:
Quote:
Even if Ivey lied, which is not the case at all, you could call him a scumbag, call him a hustler, call him whatever... but you'd still owe the money. Plain and simple.

Plain and simple? I don't see how you would still owe anything at all if he lied.

Because they struck a bet?

In any case no-one can knock 10 strokes off their handicap in 3 months unless they were holding the clubs upside-down or something.
I Know It
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:23 am
Doc Farrell wrote:
I Know It wrote:

please consider the possibility that you may be wrong.
it's probably wiser that this thread is locked.

No, Im sure Barny is the same size as DN
andyexpat
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:35 am
I agree with Barny.

This is a private matter and should be decided in private.

It's very rude and uncultured to point fingers in public and 'slag' people off, especially when you were not directly involved in the matter and therefore not aware of all the facts. Daniel N is wrong to meddle in this matter. He is abusing his status in the poker world to discredit other professionals because of a friend's accusations.

There is an expression in Russian," you are held answerable for what you say".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:46 am
I think this was all a ruse by DN to get Ram to post on this board, clearly it didn't work as Ram got Barney to do it for him!

That Ram has some cunning eh!
Raffel69
Full House

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:47 am
andyexpat wrote:
I agree with Barny.

This is a private matter and should be decided in private.

It's very rude and uncultured to point fingers in public and 'slag' people off, especially when you were not directly involved in the matter and therefore not aware of all the facts. Daniel N is wrong to meddle in this matter. He is abusing his status in the poker world to discredit other professionals because of a friend's accusations.

There is an expression in Russian," you are held answerable for what you say".

Could not say it any better.
What has Daniel got to do with this?
Why does he discuss his point of view in public when he only has heard one side of the story?
Did not expect something like this from a high class pro.
Well well well... *shakehead*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:50 am
Why don't they go on the "Judge Julie show?". i know i would watch it.
ThechipLeadV
Smart-Arse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:03 am
hector62 wrote:
Why don't they go on the "Judge Julie show?". i know i would watch it.

Because it doesn't exist?

They could go on Judge Judy though that's a better Idea
CarpeAnnum
Flush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:38 am
MattF wrote:
CarpeAnnum wrote:
Daniel posted:
Quote:
Even if Ivey lied, which is not the case at all, you could call him a scumbag, call him a hustler, call him whatever... but you'd still owe the money. Plain and simple.

Plain and simple? I don't see how you would still owe anything at all if he lied.

Because they struck a bet?

In any case no-one can knock 10 strokes off their handicap in 3 months unless they were holding the clubs upside-down or something.

The fact that he lied nullifies the bet as far as I'm concerned.
gandalf55
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:34 pm
Quote:

Sorry, that is a bit of a sweeping statement. It depends on the starting point. It's quite plausible to go from 28 to 18 in 3 months with the right tuition and plenty of daily practice. On the other hand going from say 15 to 5 would be a different matter.
Alex B
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:37 pm
This forum seems a little like a Salem witch trial.

Have any of you seen the bits of Southpark, where the Mayor says something (anything) and all the crowd just start shouting "rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble"?

I don't think there is enough information to know who was right, and there are no official rules regarding betting.

Personally, I'm from the caveat-emptor school of thought, and I can't imagine betting in reliance on any statement of poor performace from a competitor for any meaningful some of money.

(For me, say for a pool game with an unknown (who says they can't play!), my bet size would be similar to the small blind in my typical poker game)

Quote:
One of these days in your travels a guy is going to come up to you and show you a nice brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is not yet broken, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not bet this man, for as sure as you stand there, you are going to end up with an earful of cider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: