Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:23 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Well I'm not sure what access I'll have or what I'll be able to bring you on it but what pics etc. I can get will be here. For a preview and some general ramblings:

http://www.thehendonmob.com/robert_bu..._here_we_are.html
Bikern
Two Pair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi Rob!

It is really sad there is no live radio on the final table this year.

But it will be exiting anyway, hope you will provide with some exclusive pictures as usual.
The Sheriff
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:56 pm
Come on Cunningham Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:59 pm
ditto go go cunningham - nice coverage thrughout the m. event robert uve done a great job

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:37 pm
True Grit wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the amount of chips at the final table total approx 91.3 million ? There were "only" 8,773 runners so where do all the extra chips come from?
One site , Mr Pauly's, suggests they were 'introduced' from chips taken out of earlier tournaments but I'm sure the good folks at Harrahs will have a perfectly reasonable explanation for this unbelievable situation.

Interesting. Additional chips DO get introduced as a result of colouring up - 3.5 million seems a lot though.

Not at the Rio yet, it's going to be a long day and there won't be an awful lot I can do there, but certainly some pictures to come in an hour or two. With blinds starting at 80/160K and a 20K ante it's 420,000 chips a round coming out of your stack before you make a voluntary bet! 42 players paid $10,000 a piece so you could play one round at the start of the final table Smile
Bikern
Two Pair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:40 pm
Dan Nassif out

AK v 22 for Gold, he got a set

Last edited by Bikern on Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
dirk_man990
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:41 pm
Dan Nassif been elminated by....Jamie Gold Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:50 pm
The guy's a chip hoover! I wonder if he would have called the all-in if he hadn't flopped a set.
dirk_man990
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:02 pm
Rob, Im not sure what its like there at the moment, but when u start taking pics or what ever can u please get some photos or tell us which big names are floating around in the crowd?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:10 pm
The ESPN PPV is really good.
mouser
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:30 pm
Robert wrote:
True Grit wrote:
Has anyone noticed that the amount of chips at the final table total approx 91.3 million ? There were "only" 8,773 runners so where do all the extra chips come from?
One site , Mr Pauly's, suggests they were 'introduced' from chips taken out of earlier tournaments but I'm sure the good folks at Harrahs will have a perfectly reasonable explanation for this unbelievable situation.

Interesting. Additional chips DO get introduced as a result of colouring up - 3.5 million seems a lot though.

That is odd. Can someone confirm they do run chips off instead of simply rounding up everyone individually?
Moo
Quads

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:36 pm
Gold just hoovered up a quarter of Cunningham's stack. The bracelet's only going one place tonight.
Palatial
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:39 pm
F'kin cooler... what a luckbox he is.

Jamie Gold Wins 7.88 Million Pot Against Allen Cunningham
No Limit Hold'em Main Event
Aug 10, 2006 / 18:29:53 EDT
Jamie Gold limped under the gun for 160K, Erik Friberg called from late position, Allen Cunningham limped from the button, and Doug Kim checked his option from the big blind.

The flop came 998, Kim checked, Gold bet 1 million, Friberg called, Cunningham called, and Kim folded.

The turn card was the 5, Gold checked, Friberg checked, Cunningham bet 2 million, Gold called, and Friberg folded.

The river card was the A, Gold checked, Cunningham bet 2 million, and Gold called. The players showed:

Jamie Gold 109
Allen Cunningham 97

Both players had trip nines, but Gold won the 7.88 million pot with his 10 kicker.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:40 pm
The pot is much bigger than 7 million, more like 12 or 13 million!
Robert
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:42 pm
dirk_man990 wrote:
Rob, Im not sure what its like there at the moment, but when u start taking pics or what ever can u please get some photos or tell us which big names are floating around in the crowd?

I'll give you one for free. Mr. Johnny Chan Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: