View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomssss
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:54 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Was playing a tournament in Vegas today when something happened that I thought was wrong. I was not in the hand so had no vested interest.

By a series of events both hands were exposed before all the chips got in the pot. The tournament director ruled that the hand would continue and that at the end of the hand their would be a penalty. One person had a pair of Jacks the other a pair of eights after the flop. The turn was a blank and the person with jacks bet enough to put the other person all in. The amount was around 10,000 and there was around 50,000 in the pot so obviously it would be a bad call trying to hit a two outer. At this point the person who would have been all in asked about the penalty and when he found out it would be a round he felt he had to call the bet as that would have blinded off 30% of his stack (between blinds and antes). Needless to say he hit an eight. and he went on the win the tournament.

In retrospect it seems to me that the director effected the outcome of the hand by announcing that a penalty would be called while the hand was in play and then discussing what the penalty would be while the hand was still in progress. I think he should have waited until the hand played out and then informed the players.

Am I off base here?

Also he decided that a round was 9 hands even though were we were at the final table and only 7 people remained. That seemed strange as well.
chuckspduluth
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:13 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Final 7 players? Everyone at that table had a vested interest in some respect.
I am of the opinion that a player who receives a penalty should be informed at the time of infraction.
Not sure if that actually changed the play in this hand based on the information provided.
If the low stack committed 20,00 of his chips to the pot he may have considered himself to be pot-committed at that stage of the tournament.
Final table tournament decisions vary from cash game situations in many cases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: