View previous topic :: View next topic  
MtTamKim
High Card

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:15 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I think I got shafted out of most of a big pot. What do you think?

I was playing $2-$5 NLH at an Indian Rancheria in CA. I was on the button in seat 9 with about $400.

5 people limped in, so I did too with 5h-6h. SB raised to $30 from seat 1, seat 4 called, so to me it was $25 into a $85 pot so I called.

Flop was 5c-7h-8h giving me bottom pair and an open-ended straight flush draw. SB bet $40, seat 4 called, I called.

Turn is Ad. SB checks, seat 4 checks, I check.

River is 2d. SB goes all-in for about $500, or roughly twice the pot. Seat 4 tanks and SB starts taunting him, either trying to draw a call or make it look like he's trying to draw a call. After a few mins SB calls for a clock. Right as the clock winds down seat 4 says "Nice hand" and mucks his cards. SB says "You donkey! I got NOTHING!" and slams Kd-Qd down onto the table face up. I say "Call" and table my hand showing the pair of 5's.

The dealer announces "Pair of 5's", puts my cards by the board cards, and starts counting my chips. SB starts yelling, "Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, I didn't know she was still in the hand!" I told him that was his problem, he went all in and I called. He is still complaining, so the floor comes over. SB claims that my call of his all-in was invalid because I called after I saw his cards. I'm like "What? You chose to show your hand. If that was a rule, you could stop anyone calling your all-in just by exposing your cards."

After a LOT of arguing (And name-calling by the SB about some 'whiny teenage chick angle-shooting him') the floor makes what I still think is a HORRIBLE ruling. He says that my hand is best, so I get the pot that was on the table *before* the SB went all-in, but the SB's all-in doesn't stand and he gets to keep it. So I win a $220 pot instead of an $880 one.

Just to rub it in, when I insisted on complaining to the duty manager, he not only upheld his floor's ruling, but said I should just keep quiet anyway, especially since they are the only room in the whole area that even let's under-21's play.

Does ANYONE think this was the right ruling?

Kim
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Wtf that's a horrible ruling

You should have got the whole lot

The people there sound like some right nobheads as well
melbell
High Card

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:59 pm
That is a horrible story and downright wrong from all my understanding of rules. But by the sounds of it no much you could do, except maybe avoid the room in the future.
chuckspduluth
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:30 am
Would you have called for your remaining $330. with 2nd bottom pair no kicker if you had not seen the exposed bluff? Unless you had a very solid read on your opponent I would guess no-way-in-hell.
You would have folded and lost the pot. I guess the manager saw it that way and hopefully is consistent with his subjective ruling. In normal house rules you would have been awarded the entire pot.

I had a similar experience in a tournament that I played last night. My opponent bet the pot after the flop and 4 players folded. He flipped his hand over to show an inside straight draw; he did not notice my active hand! I could have shoved which may have forced him to fold but I did not take advantage of his dumb mistake. ( I was holding a four flush) I suggested that after calling his bet we should check it down. He happily agreed. Good sportsmanship, a sense of fair play and etiquette should occasionally trump rules for the good of the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: