View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllBizNiz
High Card

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:36 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi. This is my first post on this forum. Thank you for any opinions you may have about my question. It's showdown, the board is AQ723, player one turns over one card (7,) and says " If you beat my pair, I fold." Player 2 then turns over 1010. Player 1 then turns over the 2nd card which is another 7, giving him a set of 7's. The floor is called over. The dealer and the majority of the table agrees that player 1 said he'd fold if player 2 could beat his pair. The floor made a ruling that his verbal declaration to fold was binding. Some players on the table agreed, others voiced their disapproval. I'm of the opinion that it was a correct call. If he had not turned over either card and said he folded, his hand would have been declared dead. What's the difference is only 1 card is turned and he says the same. Thanks.
chuckspduluth
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
You did not mention if it was a cash game or tournament. In a tournament the all in hand would be exposed after all betting was over to prevent collusion. The set would win. In a cash game the manager made a decent call based on table consensus. The goofball was trying to be cute and hopefully learned a lesson. However it may have been fairly obvious that he was referring to his pocket pair of 7's when he announced that he would fold if..........
.His behavior was obnoxious and he was punished,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: