View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bert Lahr
High Card

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
There are many books about poker strategy and playing like Doyle Brunson. This isn't one of the them.......

I just read a book on my Kindle about a bunch of guys playing poker at an amateur poker club. It's a great story, and some of the stuff in it definitely rang true from my days of playing poker. The characters in the book all have secrets (and very different beliefs about what it luck and what is skill in poker).
Some hilarious stuff and other poker plays and events that made me cringe.
The book was called "Bad Beat Hotel" by M Campbell. I don't know if you can get it in print, but I got in on Amazon for the Kindle. Strongly recommended (and it gave me something to read for times when I was not playing poker!) Smile
galty
Flush

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Bert Lahr wrote:
There are many books about poker strategy and playing like Doyle Brunson. This isn't one of the them.......

I just read a book on my Kindle about a bunch of guys playing poker at an amateur poker club. It's a great story, and some of the stuff in it definitely rang true from my days of playing poker. The characters in the book all have secrets (and very different beliefs about what it luck and what is skill in poker).
Some hilarious stuff and other poker plays and events that made me cringe.
The book was called "Bad Beat Hotel" by M Campbell. I don't know if you can get it in print, but I got in on Amazon for the Kindle. Strongly recommended (and it gave me something to read for times when I was not playing poker!) Smile

Looks an interesting story and book.

But have goggled it and found no refereances to it at all

An extremely annoying person who usually thinks they are smart and/or funny, but is actually very stupid.
Bert Lahr
High Card

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:09 pm
Hey - sorry that you could not find this. It is definitely on Amazon Kindle.
Bert Lahr
High Card

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:19 pm
galty
Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:53 am

Thanks.

An extremely annoying person who usually thinks they are smart and/or funny, but is actually very stupid.
Bert Lahr
High Card

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:00 pm
To avoid any confusion/deception/double bluffing, I have to be honest (not usually a good thing in poker) and make it clear that I am the author of this book.
galty
Flush

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:34 pm
Bert Lahr wrote:
To avoid any confusion/deception/double bluffing, I have to be honest (not usually a good thing in poker) and make it clear that I am the author of this book.

Think most of us quessed that but nice of you to let RegieK know.

Will down load it if I can remember My password to Amazon and my Kindel

ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:32 pm
galty wrote:
Bert Lahr wrote:

Think most of us quessed that but nice of you to let RegieK know.

Will down load it if I can remember My password to Amazon and my Kindel

Yeah, your mind goes when you're over 80 like you 😄😄😄
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: