Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
dug0ng
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:31 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
LeadUs
bergeroo
Flush

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
IN!

bergeroo
giesahaun
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:36 pm
giesahaun in and registered
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:38 pm
Quote:
Whilst I respect your (present) view, I would like to try and change your mind and get you to play!

First I would argue that there is less luck involved in Heads Up MTT than there is in 6 or 9 handed MTT's.

OK, I'm going to say this and it may upset a few people but here goes. There are a fair few EE players and Scandies who play these tourns. These people WILL NOT FOLD HARDLY EVER IF AT ALL. For example, I watched the player who knocked me out last Thursday when he played his next round. He called either a 3x 2-bet or decent-sized 3-bet with 9h5h after they'd been playing for a while. He called a bet on a rainbow flop with a 9 in it. A 5 came on the turn and all the money went in. His opponent had Aces. An 8 came on the river and there was an 8 on the flop, so his opponent won but that hand demonstrates my point. When your opponent simply won't fold then the tourn degenerates into a luck fest. With there only being a 1500 starting stack, chips can disappear quickly if you put in a few re-raises and your opponent is stubborn.

There was no skill in the above hand AT ALL. It was down to pure luck. We may as well have a coin tossing comp.

In 6 or 9 handed MTTs these people are still aggro but they're a little less stubborn and are also mindful that hand values diminish on full tables, particularly in early position. It seems heads-up that pretty much any hand will be played and that's why I think they're luck fests.

Quote:
Third, you will never win a 6 or 9 handed MTT without winning the Heads Up at the end.

No but chip stacks are rarely even and it's not a winner-takes-all scenario. Both are in the money at that point and the dynamics are different.

Quote:
Fifth, I will put my money where my mouth is! If $25 is too much for you to gamble I will stake you the full $25 for the next 6 months..
This is on the understanding you will give me 90% of any winnings you make each month.
So you risk none of your own money, you get to keep 10% of any winnings, and you continue to enjoy the competitions.

What do you say?

How about 70/30? Wink
tony_m
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:52 pm
Subscribed to Youtube channel and registered to game.

Full Tilt nickname: SuperMango73
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:00 pm
Change of heart.

I'm in: _cheshlad_
simonccc
Trips

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:01 pm
Frodge wrote:
Change of heart.

I'm in: _cheshlad_

Glad to hear it.
70/30 Split agreed for next 6 months

Mr. Green

p.s. and I see you're in the money too!

Last edited by simonccc on Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
eskvir
Two Pair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:24 pm
No luck this month in either leagues. With 21 players in Stars and 18 players in Full Tilt also had to play first round in both and was rather unlucky in heads-ups so no chance. Hopefully next month with better luck Smile
bushy_lufc
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:35 pm
bushy_lufc
bushy_lufc
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:53 pm
Shout out to cheshlad how was real UL vs me in semi final runing AKs into my AA
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:01 pm
bushy_lufc wrote:
Shout out to cheshlad how was real UL vs me in semi final runing AKs into my AA

Thanks but on reflection I should perhaps have folded on the river. I doubt you would've shoved with 1010 or JJ. I was bluff catching only or you had the same hand.

Cheers.

Here it is: http://www.thehendonmob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49131.
Makuherra
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:38 pm
Won at stars, second at full tilt. Pretty much saved my otherwise poor work week.

At stars I had hardest set of opponents so far, while at full tilt all opponents were pretty soft. Lost final when my opponent won 3 allins in a row, which was quite painful.

These heads ups are a lot more skill game then the previous tournament series, especially since the point distribution was so flat it was very hard to win leaderboard even if winning way more money then others with 2 big scores for example. Needed to get at least 12/45 or something in the first one - a task that is much easier to accomplish by playing sub-optimal game. In heads up every chip is worth the same for each player and every sub-optimal decision is just bad.
bushy_lufc
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:50 pm
Well Makuherra you also did win an all in from behind when you was in danger of busting... 62ss vs my 54o on A54ss flop then chopped A5o vs my 99 pre board runs out 53264... So i wouldn't consider yourself too hard done by as the 3 all ins won came after those... GG anyway well played.
bushy_lufc
One Pair

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:36 pm
jeanpaul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:22 am
bushy_lufc wrote:
[/url] http://puu.sh/iIgI0/052ea681fc.jpg

Some one please post a text version of the results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> FULL TILT POKER All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: