View previous topic :: View next topic  
General9991
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Just come back from the Ukipt main event in London the hand that left me crippled!

So it's 9 handed second blind level, blinds are 75/150 no ante. Folded to me utg+1 I raise to 600 with AA (with the ace of hearts)
Button call and the big blind calls. The flop is Kh 6h 4h. The big blind checks I continue for 950 the button folds and the big blind calls.
The turn is the 10c,big blind checks and I check behind for many reasons. The river is the 7h now the big blind bets 2100and I raise to 4800. The big blind shoves for 20k i call and he shows 3h5h for the straight flush and i have the nut flush im down to 6k

Been thinking about this all day would like to hear some peoples opinions and if you would of folded

Thanks

Last edited by General9991 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Lucster
High Card

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:46 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Youre story has 4 hearts on the board with ur nut flush but I'm going to assume its 3 hearts on the board. I'm not sure on this one by so many different little sets could of hit plus the hearts etc idk ?
General9991
High Card

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:37 am
It was 4 hearts on the board 4h 6h kh 10c 7h nut flush against straight flush i had the ace of hearts
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:16 pm
dont check behind for many reasons.
hachi
High Card

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:12 pm
Think that the check behind is wise and solid. As for the outcome it is, more or less, a cooler, and tough to get away from, but there are legitimate reasons that you could possibly have found a fold. Firstly, you wind up with the third nuts, which, regardless of the situation, is never a comfortable state of affairs to be sticking in the majority of your stack so early in such a serious tournament. Secondly, your opponent in the big blind has a massive range owing to not only his pot odds but also the fact that he is calling off a minute proportion of his stack so early in the tournament. Thirdly, a bluff here is extremely rare given the early stage of the tournament and the board structure, the best you can hope for is that your opponent is a fish with the king of hearts or he is blind and has a set, but in a ukipt main event you don't tend to encounter too many of these sorts of players. It seems like a cooler, and is extremely difficult to fold for the majority of professionals, but it's one of those that the more you think about the more it seems you should have got away from it. Somehow though the very fact that you had the nuts preflop makes it even harder to get away from, plus the fact that your opponent did not raise on the flop, it was a very tricky flat from him, Elkyesque. I guess in the future though, you'll be looking very sceptically at the board when you have the nut flush!
Rowan Malone
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:40 am
I won't fold too. Too bad you didn't win. Goodluck!
Biffbiffer
High Card

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:55 am
I think it depends on whether you had any insight into the players ability. But personally there's no way I'm folding
GalenHarris
High Card

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:43 pm
There's no way you should be folding. Even under the worst possible circumstances- if you had picked up more than one physical tell, he had been playing big hands (3rd, 4th, 5th nuts) cautiously, and he shoved it all in and had you covered, you should not be folding that hand.

Without a paired board you have the 2nd nuts there, this is the exact same as getting it in with your KK vs. villain's AA and second-guessing yourself after the fact. I don't think you should ever be folding the 2nd nuts in any holdem situation, second guessing yourself and folding with the very top of your range will very occasionally be profitable when your opponent happens to have the nuts, but the vast majority of the time you fold there you're folding to a weaker hand, there are just so few spots where you have the 2nd best possible hand and your opponent has the best. When you lose there it's a huge cooler, and this was, but you're winning there so close to every time it's not even funny, second guessing yourself and folding is definitely -ev here given the amount of times you could fold and be wrong and lose value vs. the amount of times you could fold and be right and lose less. You played the hand perfectly (Bet the flop to get value from weaker pair/draw combos, Check the turn behind to avoid getting into a big pot) in a marginal spot and you got coolered, it happens sometimes. Be process oriented and realize that you played that hand perfectly and happened to get coolered, and play it exactly the same way next time, rather than results oriented, and beat yourself up over a call that is correct 99.9% of the time.
francispetrillo
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:45 am
The only question you should ask is the reraise on the river. I think most people would have reraised with the ace high flush, but if you must second guess I think this is the spot.
SeanTheDon88
High Card

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:41 pm
That is what some people call the big blind special.

Bb was getting 3-to-1 pot odds pre-flop for the call. Then had decent equity on the flop when they hit their flush. Decent and not awesome because any heart card that's higher than their flush is gonna dominate on the turn or river. Then river gave them the miracle gutshot card, so I would have played it a little slower. Especially if they led out. They know you had to have the Ace of hearts and that shove was more of a value bet to them.

That was a sick cooler bruh. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: