View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerri Womack
One Pair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:43 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I was in Manila last two weeks ago to meet up with my poker friends online and I witnessed the overwhelming welcome of the Filipinos for Pope Francis who just had his 5-day visit to the Philippines. Thousands cheered and took photos of the pontiff as he traversed the streets of Manila inside his pope mobile. I was staying in a hotel across the main boulevard and I can see from my balcony the whole street full of people carrying flags and chanting for the Pope. I was able to witness how a country like Philippines whos battered with disasters and beleaguered with poverty and corruption can still come as one to cheer for Pope Francis. Truly an unforgettable experience for me Smile
Rowan Malone
One Pair

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:20 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
He is indeed a beacon of hope for those who are in need.
Jerri Womack
One Pair

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:06 am
Rowan Malone wrote:

Yes indeed and I was so happy to be able to witness the event and to see him in person even from afar Smile
Rowan Malone
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:35 pm
Filipinos are known to be religious. Whatever problems they encounter, prayer is their shield. Good thing they were visited by the highest leader of their religion.
warwickwarrior
High Card

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:16 pm
I'm not particularly Christian, but quite spiritual and I definitely sense a lot of good energy from that many. I'm really happy for your experience!
darrensprengers
Misclick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:36 pm
yes finally!!!!!!
Lou.M
Flush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:39 am
What ...has happened to you ..all....? Sad

I too am happy with all of you.
Abnormal99
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:32 am
Hm.. and here is the bright example of the one of the religion purposes and it's compensatory. If you have any hardships, you can offset them in religion, so we will see that in countries with the highest level of desease or poverty the religion prosper as well.. (
Klemance
High Card

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:28 pm
WOW!cool.
Did you take a picture?
DanielID
High Card

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:19 pm
Bro has just came from Philippines
liked is very mush, a lot of photos he made =)
Abnormal99
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:10 pm
Rowan Malone wrote:

I always I treat this with a little feeling of fear.. Do not understand why does so lush celebrations they organize in poor countries. they need to collect money and to rebuild the economy of the country instead of abundant celebrations..They could do this on a smaller scale..
fleetlungs
High Card

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:56 am
Rowan Malone wrote:

I also saw it on the news. It was amazing Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: