View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowan Malone
One Pair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:57 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Our department's supervisor is going to retire late this year. I'm one of the two candidates that can possibly be chosen for that position. I've worked hard to get to where I am now, that is, department manager. I've worked lots of late hours, sometimes unpaid, just to make sure that my work is of the best quality and quantity.

The other department manager and I are being given a month to prepare for a training/seminar for the other department supervisors and managers.The group that we will be instructing has been divided into two. So that's one for the other manager and one for me. It wasn't specifically said that this will affect who will get the department supervisor position but still I really want to do my best.

Have I mentioned that I work in the HR department that's why we're in charge of the training, seminars and workshops?

Well anyway, my problem now is how I can make this seminar really worthwhile and memorable for the group that I will be instructing. What do you think is the best way to make presentations? Is it better if we hold the seminar outdoors or just stick with the conference room? Any suggestions, tips, advice?

Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to your replies
Jerri Womack
One Pair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Rowan Malone wrote:
Well anyway, my problem now is how I can make this seminar really worthwhile and memorable for the group that I will be instructing. What do you think is the best way to make presentations? Is it better if we hold the seminar outdoors or just stick with the conference room? Any suggestions, tips, advice?

Are you allowed to go outdoors? If you are then why not have a team building after the seminar activity. In that way you can teach, learn, bond and enjoy at the same time Wink
Rowan Malone
One Pair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:47 am
Jerri Womack wrote:
Rowan Malone wrote:

Are you allowed to go outdoors? If you are then why not have a team building after the seminar activity. In that way you can teach, learn, bond and enjoy at the same time Wink

Great idea! I'll check if we can work that out.
Do you think it's a good idea to use something like these ones by HRDQ. I found them online when I was looking for tips. Do you think it'll be effective or maybe I should just make my own presentation and everything?
What about games? Our department supervisor never really liked playing games during seminars but I'd love to play some. Do you think it's childish?
DropTheHammer
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:14 pm
Nah, those HRDQ ones look pretty naff; proper American-ised BS I bet.

And if you have to put this much effort into spamming a forum to shift them, they must be shite.
unitestylish
High Card

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:36 am
Hi, Rowane:) I used to work in Human Resource Department. and we commonly conduct an outdoor training to make it more worthwhile. It helps the employees learn while having fun with activities.
Jerri Womack
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:16 am
Rowan Malone wrote:

Great idea! I'll check if we can work that out.
Do you think it's a good idea to use something like these ones by HRDQ. I found them online when I was looking for tips. Do you think it'll be effective or maybe I should just make my own presentation and everything?
What about games? Our department supervisor never really liked playing games during seminars but I'd love to play some. Do you think it's childish?

Any tool that will assist you with your activities will be good I guess Wink
Donhazza
High Card

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:16 pm
I think the most important is that everybody feel they part of a team and a bigger cause.

Use your Hr knowledge and help the team to achieve good things to getter and bring the team closer to each other.

Rgds
Stefan
Nathalie
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:21 am
Rowan Malone wrote:
Our department's supervisor is going to retire late this year. I'm one of the two candidates that can possibly be chosen for that position. I've worked hard to get to where I am now, that is, department manager. I've worked lots of late hours, sometimes unpaid, just to make sure that my work is of the best quality and quantity.

The other department manager and I are being given a month to prepare for a training/seminar for the other department supervisors and managers.The group that we will be instructing has been divided into two. So that's one for the other manager and one for me. It wasn't specifically said that this will affect who will get the department supervisor position but still I really want to do my best.

Have I mentioned that I work in the HR department that's why we're in charge of the training, seminars and workshops?

Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to your replies

We had a painting activity as a team building in our company. It was nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Non-Poker General Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: