View previous topic :: View next topic  
skinnydookie
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi,

As stated in this thread http://www.thehendonmob.com/forum/vie...6776&start=15 I played in what was the biggest buy in I have played in and the second largest field I have played in too. There are a few hands that have given me pause for thought and this was the first one.

The background: I had been hitting quite a few good hands early on and making a lot of three bets and taking pots down without showdown. Id also three bet with "good" rather then premium hands when my big blind was raised from the cut off or button. A few players had made comments about how active I had been (so early on).

I cant remeber the exact stack sizes but everyone started with 25,000 it was only level 2 i think and I was chip leader but not by a massive amount.

At the time after the hand I remember thikning I may have played this hand badly and could have got more value out of it.

My thought process at the time:

I was shocked with how many callers I got and guessed/realised it was firstly because of my table image and then subsequently for each player more value/pot odds to make the call. I guess someone may have thought of a 3-bet squeeze but because of my image if they did this "lightly" they would be worried I would pop it back.

The flop was "almost" perfect - a set. I remember thinking about QJ could be out there but guessed I would likely be ahead but was very surpised to see 3 callers.

The turn was a complete blank and I fired again. To be honest my head was buzzing at this point and I was glad to take it down.

Was my bet wrong or at least the wrong size? Am I only getting called by QJ? If so should I have checked to induce a bet on the river. Perhaps if I bet weak on the turn I get raised and then I can call and check call the river- if they have QJ so be it.

If I check the turn (if that is what you wold do/advise) and a Jack or Queen hots the river I have likey lost but with only 8 outs, should I take the 84% chance that a scare card doesnt come and then can maybe catch a bluff on the river?

Looking back now I presume a few ace-x (or similar) called me and gave up on the turn.

If anyone had KK or AA I am sure they would have 3 bet me so at the time (and now) I was only worired about QJ.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
sleepingtom
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:54 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
think u played it fine. don't mind sometimes check calling flop for balance. would maybe bet turn very slightly bigger. you look very strong here though so good spot to have some bluffs like Q9 J8 type hands that you obv will have to bluff river with.
aryshia
High Card

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:54 am
Seems like you got the ultimate cooler card, but what kind of hands do you put him on pre when he makes a raise that small into 2 mid position limpers out of the BB? What kind of player was the other limper?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:22 pm
Personally I would have been very paranoid about QJ and checked the turn. I guess I would have earned some more after that but obviously there are some nasty turns and it's impossible to get too much from any solid players. I do feel though that your turn sizing just makes it look like you have QJ, despite your image, and that all 2 pair hands which pay you off on most rivers find an easy fold on the turn. That said, I certainly don't hate your play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: