Goto page 1, 2  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  

On which of the following days of the weeks would you be most likely to register for the Hendon Mob league?
Monday 
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Tuesday 
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Wednesday 
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Thursday 
38%
 38%  [ 15 ]
Friday 
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Saturday 
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sunday 
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 39

rolandb1984

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:19 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Morning all,

As I outlined yesterday, part of our commitment to the improvement of the Hendon Mob League is player input. These tournaments are run to reward the loyalty and for the benefit the forum users and we will be looking to achieve player feedback wherever possible.

The first matter on which would like feedback is on League scheduling. The September leagues are scheduled to run on Thursdays. These will take place as scheduled. Future months however are under review.

Whilst some users have expressly indicated their opinions in previous threads, we feel the best way to gauge opinion on this subject is to run a poll.

Thanks for contributing and helping us work to improve the league.
Tenda
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
id like to know how YOU feel about the way team thmf have been treated?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:59 pm
Great idea to have a poll - thanks
SamJess
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:31 pm
Can only select one option.

Tuesday is usually best, Thurs second and Wed is okay. Weekends get a bit tricky and Monday is worst.

I really like that the top ten win something - even if it is $11, $55 or $109 entry.

Obviously you have dependencies with Stars/FTP - but I would like to see some rebalancing with the league. Some idea's would be to run longer leagues (10/15/20 week blocks) redistribute prizes perhaps create top prize to a live events, create play-off /ironman games to live events. Have the owners/admin/mods play the league, perhaps stick bounties on specific players heads.

You'd be amazed how easily you could re-position a successful forum league by offering a UKIPT package for a 10 week league (+ breakdown for rest of top 10), have the person represent the forum/GPI with a hoodie/hat/t-shirt whatever, write up the experience, etc.

Most players just want a league that's fair and organised where the simple things get done, and it looks like the owners care.
(Positional updates by the following day, Queries answered).

Yes, I know it takes resources but ultimately the brand is so getting ruined.

I could put more but really I'll just see how things pan out over the next few weeks/months given recent history.
Trips

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:42 am
I hope the leagues stay on Monday to Thursday nights. They're something to look forward to during the week.

I like Thursday as it doesn't clash with Champions League footy and most other midweek matches.

Surely there's enough poker going on already on Sunday evenings? I hope they don't get moved there.
rolandb1984

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:28 am
Tenda - I'm not sure I understand the question. Perhaps you could rephrase?

SamJess - Thanks for your reply. There's a lot of food for thought. All I can say at this stage is that the League is under review, and we are looking at ways to improve it and re-engage with the players. All suggestions we receive will be given consideration.

Frodge - Thanks for the input. You make a good point about Sundays. We are however looking to increase participation and are keeping our options open in this regard.

Roland.
skinnydookie
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:43 pm
My thoughts:

Through tradition THMF league was always on a Tuesday. As the old guard set up Pokermob and ran a league on the Tuesday THMF got moved to Wednesday.

I can't do Thursdays. Now as you are running (hopefully) two leagues I would very much suggest running them on two different days. That way you will get more numbers for both as not everyone can either be in both due to the Country they are in or have mastered two tabling on two different sites.

Plus, most importantly if they cant do one day at least they can be in the other league on another day (on the other site).

I can do any day but Thursday but would prefer not to do Friday or Saturday as wont be able to do some ot hose either. So in order of preference Tuesday, Wednesday, Momday, Sunday. I have voted for Sunday in the poll as that seens most likely to defeat Thursday!
simonccc
Trips

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:59 pm
skinnydookie wrote:
. I have voted for Sunday in the poll as that seens most likely to defeat Thursday!

Tactical voting - I like it Very Happy
JPFerrant
Two Pair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:12 pm
Inbox :: Message
To: JPFerrant
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:11am
Subject: Disregard the poll

Jean Paul forget the poll outcome. The league runs best on a Tuesday

Hope you're well and smashing the tables Smile

Your friend

Mark (mr4b)
Starshine67
Two Pair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:37 pm
I wish I could have voted for two days, as in general I would prefer if they would not be on the same day
tony_m
Two Pair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:37 pm
58 & 33 reg'd by 7.35pm, so good move, I guess
eskvir
Two Pair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:44 pm
Thursday is best day. Sunday would be ok, but I would have real problem to include these tournaments to my already overstretched schedule.

Current prizes are great, they're versatile. I would probably miss these events if some random UKIPT-packages would be awarded. Of course it would be very different with EPT-packages, but they're far more valuable.
skinnydookie
Straight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:59 pm
tony_m wrote:
58 & 33 reg'd by 7.35pm, so good move, I guess

Weren't the Pokerstars league run on a Thursday anyway?

I would say that the increased numbers says more about giving the password in ADVANCE then with a few hours before it is due to start.........
Leycrack67
Trips

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:45 am
Have the passwords for tonight's poker leagues on full tilt and poker stars been disclosed yet -- any information would be most welcome-- thanks.
jeanpaul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:35 am
Yes they are in the PS and FTP forum categories. Re day: Still counting votes till the end of this month.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: