View previous topic :: View next topic  
sevenagain
High Card

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi there,

More to helps solve a debate more than anything. Link to hand below. Background to the hand-

I had previous with the villain, who was clearly fishy. In a hand shortly before he'd called 2 streets of half-pot sized bets with a gutshot and no further equity, to get there on the river -so I'm keen to play pots with him and pretty sure he will be easier to stack off post-flop here than a normal player even with a hand which will be much weaker post flop, though I've only got 20bbs.

I'd be interested to think what anyone thinks is ok against a particularly loose and bad player here, as normally I wouldn't just call here with this stack, but would like to know whether this play could ever make sense in this spot against this type of player?

Cheers all

http://www.handconverter.com/hands/2503039
Once Bitten Twice Shy
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:05 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
makes no sense to me you should shove 55 imo with your stack size. Are you hoping to slow play 55 and let him hit top pair with his 34 ?
Keylek
High Card

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:08 pm
Once Bitten Twice Shy wrote:
makes no sense to me you should shove 55 imo with your stack size. Are you hoping to slow play 55 and let him hit top pair with his 34 ?

I agree, shove pre is clear, if you don't think his range is weak enough for you to shove pre (which it will be) you have to fold pre.

As played your line makes no sense, you are repping a jack so hard as played you can't really get called by worse, whats your thought process? I'll explain mine - If I just call the turn reraise I check the river because I just call the turn raise because I think he's bluffing the turn. If I think he has a hand good enough to possibly call my river lead I like just clicking back turn shoving river, makes more money and we still lose the same (everything) when we're beat. But no, you should never just flat this raise pre vs this player because theres always going to be 2-3 overcards and you're always playing a guessing game and we're not deep enough to peel off 16% of our stack to set mine and our reverse implied odds are catastrophic. 55 is not the hand you want to be calling, in a way I don't really understand the question as highlighted by OBTS what are we hoping for a 7 J Q flop and you lead two streets because you think he's capable of calling down with T8o ? You have to flop a set to bet for value pretty much at any point in this hand, I guess like if it is jj4 and you're super sure he hasn't got a jack and may call with A high you can vbet turn when he checks back and maybe really small valuebet/induce river but you're just playing a guessing game the whole time.

However OP I would like to applaud you for actually posting a question that was pretty much a question as opposed toeveryone else just posting standard beats all day long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: