View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frodge
Trips


Joined: 19 Oct 2011
Posts: 146

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote


Just posted to get it off my chest. 86.58% favourite and the old runner runner comes.

Not very happy.
MartinOwlMan
Straight


Joined: 01 Aug 2006
Posts: 284
Location: Leeds

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:18 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
It wasn't a runner runner - he rivered you. The turn card was irrelevant.

Personally, I prefer a preflop fold.
_________________
UTO
darrensprengers
Misclick


Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Posts: 7551

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
MartinOwlMan wrote:
It wasn't a runner runner - he rivered you. The turn card was irrelevant.

Personally, I prefer a preflop fold.


it was runner runner as the board had to pair or give a flush draw for him to have any outs.
MartinOwlMan
Straight


Joined: 01 Aug 2006
Posts: 284
Location: Leeds

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:38 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
darrensprengers wrote:
MartinOwlMan wrote:
It wasn't a runner runner - he rivered you. The turn card was irrelevant.

Personally, I prefer a preflop fold.


it was runner runner as the board had to pair or give a flush draw for him to have any outs.



No

Runner runner is an outdraw where both the turn and river card are required to give the player who had been behind the win. In this case the turn card did not make a difference to the outcome of the hand. if the river card had been an 8 or K it would have been runner runner. Or if the turn and river were unpaired spades it would also have been runner runner (and a nasty one, given the blockers).
_________________
UTO
Frodge
Trips


Joined: 19 Oct 2011
Posts: 146

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
For a laugh have a look at this from the latest PS Hendon tourn:



Ridiculous. Brought to conclusion a night's poker where luck was in evidence even more than ever.
Once Bitten Twice Shy
One Pair


Joined: 19 Aug 2014
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:55 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
he had 14% thats not a bad beat Smile wait a while till the 1% shots start raining down.
darrensprengers
Misclick


Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Posts: 7551

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
MartinOwlMan wrote:
darrensprengers wrote:
MartinOwlMan wrote:
It wasn't a runner runner - he rivered you. The turn card was irrelevant.

Personally, I prefer a preflop fold.


it was runner runner as the board had to pair or give a flush draw for him to have any outs.



No

Runner runner is an outdraw where both the turn and river card are required to give the player who had been behind the win. In this case the turn card did not make a difference to the outcome of the hand. if the river card had been an 8 or K it would have been runner runner. Or if the turn and river were unpaired spades it would also have been runner runner (and a nasty one, given the blockers).


yes it did make a difference to the hand. it gave him outs. without it he cant win. can you see now?
SeanFoley
Quads


Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 1868
Location: Birmingham

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
OwlMan 1-0 Darren

He only needed the Ace.
_________________
Do I know Darren Sprengers?

Yes, he thinks he's superior... but he isn't.
darrensprengers
Misclick


Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Posts: 7551

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:33 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
SeanFoley wrote:
OwlMan 1-0 Darren

He only needed the Ace.


this is a good point
Keylek
High Card


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:33 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
If losing an 86% hand in plo annoys you enough to post it to a forum for other people to see 'to get it off your chest' then quit plo, or alternatively poker immediately. Where is the hand analysis in this forum?

ok I'll try - the guy hasn't even done anything wrong, your call pre could be borderline bad as personally I'd rather save that extra 160 chips for when I do get a chance to repot so I have > fold equity or can get a bigger full double up, you're going to peel here and c/f all the time, you have 15bb and theres 4.5 in the pot so what do you want the guy to do just fold? This isn't really even gross like get a grip.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum