Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 View previous topic :: View next topic  
giesahaun
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
jeanpaul wrote:
Not incompetent, just not 100% sure we should change the late registration. I will consider setting it up with out late registration but to be honest I would really like to see a better turn out AS WELL as a well organised event. I'm going to sit in on tomorrows tournament, so I can get a feel for it... stay tuned.

I am not a fan of late reg, however, I routinely do late reg for various reasons. Nobody that late registers is breaking any rules but from forum posts and table chat there are a number of the players (I estimate about 50% of all the players in recent weeks) unhappy with the late reg with a common suggestion of the 1 hour being reduced to 30 mins as with Full Tilt. I do not play on Full Tilt so can not comment if that would be an improvement.

I think it is significant that the scoring has ended up being done by a player who appears to be the strongest opponent of the late reg. If the GPI is leaving the scoring to a player then the GPI could as easily let the players dictate what they want from the league.

It is time, I think, for a change.

The GPI can allow the scoring system to be changed at any time to suit the players and this could be backdated to the start of this month - it would not be fair to all but it is added value so there is no big deal. Why not try the scoring as suggested at the beginning of this post, with 10 points to all that enter but previously would have scored less. I could think of other better ways to change the scoring system but give jeanpaul a yes or no on that idea tonight to help him decide a way forward.

If the GPI want a better turnout for the league I would suggest the following:

Change the added value of league prizes to either added value to each tournament or a combination of both - any leagues suffer from people not being able to commit to a number of tournaments.

All the best from giesahaun

P.S. I do not usually have the Chat activated at the tables so do not be offended by my lack of chat or replies to any comments.
dartagnan180
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
If you read the new thread I started the points are as normal sadly .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:15 pm
dartagnan180 wrote:
If you read the new thread I started the points are as normal sadly .

The scoring system for the league and the late reg time has not changed from the time of the previous owners, pro players , who themselves played in the league with a bounty on their heads. Also there were a greater number of players involved. These factors contribute to the unhappiness of the fairness of the league scoring now.

So jeanpaul listen to the unhappy players and in particular the unhapiest person who is now scoring who is contributing towards running the league without any reward.

all the best giesahaun
tony_m
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:43 pm
Not that we're in charge of the running of the league anyway, but an anonymous poll would be useful in finding out the real feeling here, because one side of this fence is probably scared to speak up right about now. Something like:-

a) The late registration period is fine and everyone can do as they wish
b) The late registration period is unfair, but players using the option are NOT bad sports
c) The late registration period is unfair and players using the option are using underhand tactics
LombBomb
One Pair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:00 pm
Tonight's late registers (edited by mod)

Giesahaun
Robaldo12
Dr Ginekolog
LombBomb
One Pair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:03 pm
tony_m wrote:
Not that we're in charge of the running of the league anyway, but an anonymous poll would be useful in finding out the real feeling here, because one side of this fence is probably scared to speak up right about now. Something like:-

a) The late registration period is fine and everyone can do as they wish
b) The late registration period is unfair, but players using the option are NOT bad sports
c) The late registration period is unfair and players using the option are using underhand tactics

Don't know what you're trying to justify here, you only need to look at the fast structure to see that 60 minute reg is an absolute farce.
lookmeup
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:04 pm
joke three late reg whom pick up more points than me and I started at 8pm, and get ko before the final table yet those late register leeches will get more points than me no way that's a joke and unfair Hendon mob sort it this abuse mr4b
VOV41K
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:10 pm
Again poblemy with late registration. After 53 minutes, the game was already the final table, and a few people who have registered as a result of my condition worsened. I think it's not fair !!!
lookmeup
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:16 pm
robaldo playing on full tilt no problem on 8 so how is it he makes late reg on stars someone please explain this one ? I will tell you its called cheating
lookmeup
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:17 pm
sorry I take it back ban them
dartagnan180
Straight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:39 pm
Im distancing myself from doing the points for this league, I wont be a party to cheating. The whole thing stinks. Ill do the fulltilt one but that's it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:42 pm
Hopefully jeanpaul was watching this tonight. The admins need to take this seriously and sort it out instead of ignoring the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> POKERSTARS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: