Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
dartagnan180
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:38 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Will do this later but im afraid if im doing it then the points will be according to fairness, now I know for a fact I went out 10th last night and the FT began 3 minutes before the end of late reg , I look in the stars lobby today and im 9th equal but in 13th place. For a 2 table sng with 1500 start chips to have 1 hour late reg is unfair to say the least and is open to so much abuse when its a league. If a football team turned up late for every league game they would get no points at all. There are so many added tickets in this league and THAT is the reason people are abusing it and its the same people |EVERY week who always get prizes at end of league . Its as close to cheating as you can come without actually cheating. In Scotland we call it doing things "the Celtic way"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:28 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I agree i complained on the forum asking to change this rule to 30 mins late reg like it is already on full tilt but nothing has been confirmed , so I will like others on here and not everyone but the ones who knew and know what their doing is wrong and it's not their fault there are taking adavantage of late reg and jumping on a final table and skipping the points of others whom already got ko and started the game lets not forget it takes a min of 3 players registered for the game to go ahead ,, I will be busy next week and may be late register if thats on lmao joke , as for full tilt with no game last night due to no password been giver lets no go there ,, i am thankful like most that hendon mob are doing great offers but if they wants to expand the brand with great leagues then u gotta make it great in the first place
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:43 pm
TO: mr4b and jeanpaul

We are all very grateful for these tournaments and the value you've added to them but it has to be said that the organisation and running of them is pretty bad!

The 30 minutes late reg time is essential otherwise people take advantage and it spoils it for everyone. It also makes working out the leaderboard more difficult.

It would be great for the tournaments to have bigger starting stacks (to enable more creative play) and for there to be different formats of the game included each month (e.g. Omaha and Omaha H/L, etc).

I suggest that the PokerStars and Full Tilt forums are protected and are only accessible after one has logged-in (i.e. people who aren't members cannot view them). You could then create the tournaments on 'Stars and Tilt at the start of each month and then post the full list of tournaments in each forum along with their dates and passwords. This would cut down on weekly work for yourselves and make it easier for us players. You'd only have to post the password details once a month instead of once a week.

You could still advertise the leagues but mention that they're only available to forum members. This could encourage more people to join the forum and lead to more posts and a larger community.

Once again I thank you for the forum and the leagues but they are becoming very frustrating for us players.

I have posted the above in a few threads to catch attention
dartagnan180
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:23 pm
Lombbomb 30
giesahaun 25
gregbbb 20
pokbrainless 18
supermango73 16
neeurikias 15
goatboy420 14
robaldo 13
dr ginekolog 12
quazatron 11

Then I amawarding |EVERYONE else who took part 10 points as good sportsmanship as it is totally unfair that 4 players can late reg straight into when there are 9 players reamianing.

gemxx10
hazy 7 10
dartagnan180 10
okocha 914 10
VOV41K 10
josharp01 10
3xbb 10
inittowinit28 10
This way even though they get more points for coming in late they are not going to have the advantage they thought they would. ffs one of them has took most prizes in the league. It has to stop.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:14 pm
This is the first week in a very long time, that I haven't played the league, I just had enough.

I complained a whole month ago about the late reg, and since have nearly everybody complained about the late reg, not one single person have said it was a good idea, but still absolutely nothing has been done about it, are the people in charge of The Hendon Mob site really THAT incompetent Rolling Eyes
jeanpaul
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:26 pm
Not incompetent, just not 100% sure we should change the late registration. I will consider setting it up with out late registration but to be honest I would really like to see a better turn out AS WELL as a well organised event. I'm going to sit in on tomorrows tournament, so I can get a feel for it... stay tuned.
dartagnan180
Straight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:31 pm
Jean Paul
Its just not fair . You wait till 59 mins to reg there are only 8 players left you go straight to final table , one all in and double up hey presto you've got a lot of points and are GUARANTEED tickets at the end of the month. I thought we had the league to play poker not late reg and play a game of bingo . 3 people do this every week and allways make the tickets(they don't however play much poker)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:44 pm
Yes, I am pretty sure we will change the late registration option. Please have patience while I figure all of this out, as I want to have a well structured, fair and fun game.

Last edited by jeanpaul on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
MasterOfDisaster
One Pair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:26 pm
Totally agreed with changes I will also try to be both more active here and playing all tournaments
leefan189
One Pair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:59 pm
I would also like to finally abolished restrictions for Russia. Why are we not allowed in this League. And , maybe You are afraid of competition ? Mr. Green Beer
simonccc
Trips

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:22 pm
leefan189 wrote:
I would also like to finally abolished restrictions for Russia. Why are we not allowed in this League. And , maybe You are afraid of competition ? Mr. Green Beer

Hi leefan189.
I know you from the Full Tilt league, so I assume you must be referring to the Pokerstars league.
If Full Tilt allow you to play, but Pokerstars don't, surely you should direct your complaint to Pokerstars?
(or am I missing something?)
leefan189
One Pair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:00 pm
simonccc wrote:
leefan189 wrote:

Hi leefan189.
I know you from the Full Tilt league, so I assume you must be referring to the Pokerstars league.
If Full Tilt allow you to play, but Pokerstars don't, surely you should direct your complaint to Pokerstars?
(or am I missing something?)

Hello. The fact that some forums have imposed restrictions to play private tournaments on Poker Stars. This HendomMob and Poker Tube, for example. It is not clear such a restriction for the Russians Crying or Very sad . 'm sorry. Actually not so many Russians playing in these leagues and private tournaments , to prevent play. Sorry for my English
fawl
Two Pair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:03 am
I think hiding both the stars and full tilt forum completely for unregistered people like you did now is not the best option.
can't you just hide the respective threads that contain the passwords for non registered users? how would you then promote the leagues? like it shows right now it implies to not registered users surfing to the site that you don't offer anything for full tilt or stars.

also could someone from the admin team please shed some light on the point system for the league? this has been discussed controversly in the last few weeks (lobby standings vs final tournament results from stars) and for the last weeks anarchy results see post #4 in this thread (10 pts for everyone from #11 on).
DangerMouse_
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:15 pm
dartagnan180 wrote:
Lombbomb 30
giesahaun 25
gregbbb 20
pokbrainless 18
supermango73 16
neeurikias 15
goatboy420 14
robaldo 13
dr ginekolog 12
quazatron 11

Then I amawarding |EVERYONE else who took part 10 points as good sportsmanship as it is totally unfair that 4 players can late reg straight into when there are 9 players reamianing.

gemxx10
hazy 7 10
dartagnan180 10
okocha 914 10
VOV41K 10
josharp01 10
3xbb 10
inittowinit28 10
This way even though they get more points for coming in late they are not going to have the advantage they thought they would. ffs one of them has took most prizes in the league. It has to stop.

This is all very well, and I completely understand why it`s been done. But... now the 14 points I gained completely fairly through playing the whole game have been almost cancelled out. Essentially all of us that were already at the FT are being punished despite having played from the start. The late registration cost me at least 1 point (without it I was guaranteed 6th) and probably more as I lost a sizeable portion of my stack to one of the late arrivals. Perhaps those 6 players could receive a few bonus points to offset the fair-play award the others have been given?
Frodge
Trips

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:36 pm
DangerMouse_ wrote:
dartagnan180 wrote:
Lombbomb 30
giesahaun 25
gregbbb 20
pokbrainless 18
supermango73 16
neeurikias 15
goatboy420 14
robaldo 13
dr ginekolog 12
quazatron 11

gemxx10
hazy 7 10
dartagnan180 10
okocha 914 10
VOV41K 10
josharp01 10
3xbb 10
inittowinit28 10

This is all very well, and I completely understand why it`s been done. But... now the 14 points I gained completely fairly through playing the whole game have been almost cancelled out. Essentially all of us that were already at the FT are being punished despite having played from the start. The late registration cost me at least 1 point (without it I was guaranteed 6th) and probably more as I lost a sizeable portion of my stack to one of the late arrivals. Perhaps those 6 players could receive a few bonus points to offset the fair-play award the others have been given?

Yes, I can see that you want to even things up dartagnan but what you've done is actually more unfair. If the late reg has been reduced to 30mins as of tonight then I think you may as well leave the league as it was calculated by PokerStars. The late reg can't happen again and there were only 2 or 3 that late-regged last time, I think.

I thought I'd finished 8th last week but maybe not. I'll see if the tourn is still viewable in the PS lobby.

Thanks for doing the league updates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> POKERSTARS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: