View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkc86
High Card

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hey everyone

Played my first cash game last night at The Empire. Wasn't the plan for the night but my mate dragged me down. Anyway was doing good throughout the night, making some decent pots. Kind of different play compared to tournaments. Anyway, I started off with 50.00 and ended up with 600.00

Swear to god, I decided to walk away playing my last hand off the small blind and I woke up with ACES!!!

So 1/2 blinds, everyone fold, middle position guy just limps, everyone folds, myself SB raise to 7, BB calls, MP calls.

Flops 5D, 4D, 10H. Me bet 22, BB bet 75, MP calls, Me shove all in, BB folds, MP snap calls and hit set with 55

He had me covered so lost big man. Should have just called but AA can be everyone's dream or nightmare.

Thought I share that with everyone.
Gordiniho
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I turn over AA like a boss on the flop and say screw you! Im off. Iam 500+ up! BYEEEEEE!!!

Reason below
You have only invested 29 in the pot on flop before you get raised ,

If iam seriously going home and its my last hand, and a bigger stack here calls a re-raise on flop .....iam just folding here..,,As i know when i put another 50 in have to call off the rest. When i could be drawing to 2 outs, which you were)
[/b]
Alex B
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:33 pm
If I really don't feel like playing a proper poker pot there because I'm leaving, I just make it 120 pre flop.
ReggieK
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:59 pm
Alex B wrote:
If I really don't feel like playing a proper poker pot there because I'm leaving, I just make it 120 pre flop.

Just say "I'm off, I'm all in, now where's your bollox?"
Though if he says "right here I call" and hits his set you're buggered Mr. Green
Mikey Leonard
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:05 pm
I would fold AA there with ease, the fact you had quite a good session and made 600 from only 50 should have made it even easier to fold.
Guido Budack
High Card

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:44 pm
For me personally AA and KK are the toughest hands to play.
You never (and in particular if you are in a multiw. pot) know where you are at if you don't hit the set or better.
What helps is... 'it's just a pair'...

Greets

Gee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:36 am
So in short you put in 7 when you were miles ahead and 593-ish when you were miles behind.

Do you ever play in the Birmingham area?
Keylek
High Card

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:23 pm
rkc86 wrote:
Hey everyone

Played my first cash game last night at The Empire. Wasn't the plan for the night but my mate dragged me down. Anyway was doing good throughout the night, making some decent pots. Kind of different play compared to tournaments. Anyway, I started off with 50.00 and ended up with 600.00

Swear to god, I decided to walk away playing my last hand off the small blind and I woke up with ACES!!!

So 1/2 blinds, everyone fold, middle position guy just limps, everyone folds, myself SB raise to 7, BB calls, MP calls.

Flops 5D, 4D, 10H. Me bet 22, BB bet 75, MP calls, Me shove all in, BB folds, MP snap calls and hit set with 55

He had me covered so lost big man. Should have just called but AA can be everyone's dream or nightmare.

Hi OP thank you for your post. You're making some very big mistakes in this hand in relation to cash game theory. Your raise preflop is FAR too small from the SB FAR too small especially with stack sizes 300bb deep. Think of it like this, give me two cards, give you AA. You make it 7 i will call with any 2 if you're just stacking off whenever i make 2pair or whatever, you need to be cautious and realise that in general people aren't raising without at least a decent top pair here and even then probably not raising, when you shove he's never calling worse either so shoving is awful. As played you can just turbo much flop or if you're not sure if you're beat call and check turn to eval, if he bets again and he will bet big because somehow these live guys will think theres a good chance you have a fd and dont want you to draw for cheap (we so rarely have a fd here too its laughable). Always make your raise sizes, especially out of position big enough so there is a chance people fold, not beause we want them to fold in this example but in lots of other examples its good for them to fold (free money) and we're generally going to have the best hand when we raise so we want to get the most in ahead we can so we can win more, after the flop you should generally tie your bets in some relation to pot size so if we make this bigger pre we can get much more money in through 2 or 3 streets of betting depending on how the board runs out. Smile

We are at the EMPIRE the loosest jokiest 1/2 game in London, I would be making this 10-12 on the button and 15 from the sb and expect to get called all the time, yes this means we're going to lose a bigger pot here once we b/f flop but it is still the better play. In the Empire and in live cash games in general raise as large as people are willing to call and bet much bigger in general than you do in tournaments, stacks are deeper and there is no tournament life for people to worry about so you can't put pressure on with 40-65% pot bets in hu pots but its ok for those sizings in multiway pots.

Hope this makes sense and helps, I could go on all day but I don't even know if you're ever going to read this response. If you have any more questions reply here with as many questions as you like and I will try to come back with as much detail as I can.

Regards
foooood
High Card

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:29 am
That would put me on tilt for life.

But at least you only loss 50 eur
The Dean
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:14 am
rkc86 wrote:
Hey everyone

Simply turn the equation around, for you to be getting all-in with A-A for value then villain has to be doing so with less. That is highly unlikely when 300bb deep. Unlikely to be facing KK/QQ as there was no pre-flop raise by anyone else. Almost academic anyway as nobody would stack off with such hands anyway post flop on this board......except perhaps you (only joking). The chances of them semi-bluffing. with a diamond draw are also slim as is A-10. In fact these possibilities are so slim they are almost non-existent. As someone else said, you got 7% of your stack in as a big favourite and the other 93% as a big dog. You mentioned "dream or nightmare"

Its a dream to get someone to commit 300bb with big pairs unimproved because you get massive implied odds for all sorts of hands. You learned a very powerful lesson and a very expensive one

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:33 pm
Gordiniho wrote:
I turn over AA like a boss on the flop and say screw you! Im off. Iam 500+ up! BYEEEEEE!!!

Reason below
You have only invested 29 in the pot on flop before you get raised ,

If iam seriously going home and its my last hand, and a bigger stack here calls a re-raise on flop .....iam just folding here..,,As i know when i put another 50 in have to call off the rest. When i could be drawing to 2 outs, which you were)
[/b]

25,000 Guaranted - they said Very Happy
And how do you feel after the first game? Will you continue to play poker further or not?) I'm just interested ;D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: