View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr4b
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:09 am
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi all !

We are happy to organize here a Q&A session with Team Ivey League pro and current GPI #1 Dan Smith !

The concept is easy. Like we've done before, ask all your questions in this thread. We will then forward a compilation of the best questions to Dan, and he will kindly reply to them. We will then post them back here and in an article on The Hendon Mob.

Fire on !

--> Dan Smith GPI profile and ranks: http://www.globalpokerindex.com/poker...dan-smith-133383/

Javatini
High Card

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
In your opinion, what are the differences between a top 5 percentile tournament poker player and a top 0.5 percentile tournament poker player
and what steps do you think need to be taken to make that transition?
Javatini
High Card

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:19 pm
Q: How much time do you spend (# hours estimate) on a weekly basis in improving your game? (Discussing hand histories with others, watching videos, self analysis etc.all count? Is there a conscious effort on your part in doing so (poker training) or does this come very naturally to you as part of your regimen?
Pretzel Logic
High Card

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:22 am
I'm playing considerably lower buy-ins than you, but I'm finding lately that even HU or 3-handed I seem to often be bleeding money on C-bets when I miss (often even on "good" boards). Do you still c-bet a high frequency, as seems to be the standard advice... or, especially early in tourneys when people still have plenty of chips, do you tone it down a bit (or how much, if you do tone it down)?

I feel like I've been bleeding chips c-betting early recently... but obv I want to still get paid off when I do make a big hand, and it feels a bit odd to raise, get one or two callers, and just check-fold. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.
mr4b
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:47 am
You've now been a pro for Ivey League for a few months.

When the deal was made, you were leading the GPI rankings. How important do you think this has been for the deal to happen?
mnowls
One Pair

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:38 pm
I am suffering really bad beats in live play, set over set, one outers etc, should i just take a break for a few months or continue playing and ride it out?

Congrats on the deep run in main event btw
simonccc
Trips

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:26 pm
We all know what advantages come from being a successful poker player (wealth, fame, travel the world etc).
On the flip side, I see potential for many disadvantages (compulsiveness, relationship breakdowns, self doubt etc).
What disadvantages have you personally experienced, and what have you done to overcome them?
simonccc
Trips

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:24 pm
What question are you secretly hoping nobody asks you?
jomshaper
One Pair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm
That's an amazing was going on here. Is it live yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: