View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Bit of a key hand, on the bubble of a 27 man sng. Trying to work out what I should have done instead?

Raise pre flop doesn't look like a good option to me, oop with a weak ace.

Check the flop? I prefered to take the aggressive position, and bet out, if he folds, great, if not, I have plenty of outs.

Turn isn't so great, I'm thinking I should have check folded here?

As played, I bet and he min raised, its a big % of my stack, but still needs to be called imo, anyone folding to the min raise?

Missed the river, I have an ace high busted flush draw. Bluffing the river doesn't look like a great option, was surprised to see him check behind, but not surprised to see the King in the end.

I bust out 2 hands later, as bubble boy, 77 v's 99. But I think the other hand was the actual cause of me going out. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Hi mate, you said it yourself! the flop is ok, but i feel you should have give up when the turn is brick!
Gordiniho
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:40 pm
I check Jam the flop, opponent folds every preflop hand apart from a decent K and AA. You may get him of a shit K as its near bubble aswell.

In this instance
You obviously get called as he had KJ - but most of the time you take it down there.
I dont regard bubble play as anything to worry about..i play to win every tourny.. saying that, I have bubbled a few times due to this playing style...But i have also coasted FTs wth big stacks.
JohnnySeaBet
Trips

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:42 am
I doubt I'd ever donkbet the flop here (what range is villain likely to assume if facing a donkbet in this spot? Most often it's a FD or some med pp).
I prob just check/call flop.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:17 pm
You should always consider hands like KJ / KQ in a limpers range
bergeroo
Flush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:08 am
Stacks are really good to bet/three bet all in on the flop here so I don't mind the donk bet. Would have gone a bit smaller though. Can't blame the turn bet because I hate check folding, so I might bet small on the turn with kind of an intention to buy a cheap river, as played you have to call the min raise then give up the river. Don't think it is too bad.

I would consider shoving pre if my opponent is very passive unless he just randomly calls it off. Probably wouldn't but I would consider it. I think raising to 900 is bad because I don't think he is ever folding and you are oop in a bloated pot. Checking seems prudent.
DropTheHammer
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:18 pm
Gordiniho wrote:
I check Jam the flop, opponent folds every preflop hand apart from a decent K and AA. You may get him of a shit K as its near bubble aswell.

They're too deep for a check/jam on the flop dude, I like a flop c/r then bet turn again and give up river if you don't hit. He probably wouldn't fire a lower flush drawer on river.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Hand Analysis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: