Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark McCormack
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I played the grand prix recently at Nottingham 2 days , got coolered with set over set
Never seen so many donkies in one building!
I played Sky spt last year ran deep and felt comfortable late stage with with some top players on my table including Julian thew
I watch a lot of live poker tv and see far worse players than me on final tables
I think some people here give too much credit to higher limits which is why your not in them

Live poker is full of donkies , ego's and internet kids that cant play live
i send them home on a daily basis

My roll is bust not from playing mtt's .. im a balla and like to spend when i win
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
JonDaFish wrote:
Matt101 wrote:
People overestimating the standard of the field we'll see in Nottingham itt.

Perhaps "toughest around" was an exaggeration, but I was just trying to make the point that it will not be a particularly soft field, probably comprising of quite a few pros. Last years one had Deadman, Ulliot, Slater, Mickey Petersen and John Eames - just to name a few of the famous players that did actually cash -

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event...?a=r&n=153876

Mate, I play these on a regular basis. They're a droolfest, trust me.
JonDaFish
Trips

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:07 pm
Matt101 wrote:
JonDaFish wrote:
Matt101 wrote:
People overestimating the standard of the field we'll see in Nottingham itt.

Perhaps "toughest around" was an exaggeration, but I was just trying to make the point that it will not be a particularly soft field, probably comprising of quite a few pros. Last years one had Deadman, Ulliot, Slater, Mickey Petersen and John Eames - just to name a few of the famous players that did actually cash -

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event...?a=r&n=153876

Mate, I play these on a regular basis. They're a droolfest, trust me.

In that case I might have to take a shot if I have a good run in the lead up to the next UKIPT (I am mainly a cash game player).

But if I was going to take a shot at a level much higher than I am used to, I would do so with my own money.
Mark McCormack
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:12 pm
Live mtt poker is poor at almost every buy - in imo

and ive been practicing short handed online to take the final table down against any player

Im a very good aggressive short handed player

heres some recent results

Marcus6
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:19 pm
Mark McCormack wrote:

and ive been practicing short handed online to take the final table down against any player

But the stats on your live play you have only taken 1 comp down! i think it very funny that you think you can make the FT of a 1K comp and then take it down, if live play is that poor why have you not stepped up the Buyins each time you play! there are alot of 100 200 and even 300 comps out there to play, and see how you do in them if you think live play is that poor
Mark McCormack
One Pair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:22 pm
Nearly every tournament i have played has been ended early by deals , the ones i won 1st place were when they refused deals and i had to show em who's boss
I think you give to much credit to higher buy-ins live

Most players in the ukipt have more online experience than live
Do you not know the edge an instinct player like myself have over these predictable 3bet - 4bet robots ?
i know their game and how to exploit it
Rigsby
Forum Challenge Champion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:25 pm
i can't see how you can use super turbos to compare with a live mtt?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:26 pm
Mark McCormack wrote:
Nearly every tournament i have played has been ended early by deals , the ones i won 1st place were when they refused deals and i had to show em who's boss

Do you not know the edge an instinct player like myself have over these predictable 3bet - 4bet robots ?

like i said before, why dont you play this and see how you do http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=14949.0

and if you win 1 you will have your buyin for the UKIPT! if you win 1 that is?
bergeroo
Flush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:27 pm
Mark McCormack wrote:

Good word with the parody account here! I laughed a lot!
dwh103
Full House

Mark McCormack wrote:

Ermmm, I hate to interject, but those are STT results. Try harder!

These are MTT results: http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/...9AEDDCAB.html?t=3

I would think you'll have to play this off your own dime. Best of luck if you do.

Last edited by dwh103 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
darrensprengers
Misclick

ok i will assume this is not a level even though i am fairly sure it is.

This is your results against runners

8/75
6/73
6/41
3/71
3/53
2/75
3/61
1/56
4/79
5/55
6/62
6/60

1) Most of these results show you pretty much limp to the money on most of these cashes.
2) These are not MTTS they are pretty much sng size.
3) Most of the ukipt have runners of 450 and upto >1000.

You need to show you have an edge over a decent sample size to show you are a winning "live" player.
the 1000 + 100 looks to be a six max event. have you any idea how to play a 6 max event? what experience do you have of 6 max. the last 1k+100 had 458 runners.

Do you see the dilemma for any potential backer/stacker?
Rigsby
Forum Challenge Champion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:33 pm
i come to the conclusion that you are CONFUSED

Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:34 pm
darrensprengers wrote:
ok i will assume this is not a level even though i am fairly sure it is.

This is your results against runners

8/75
6/73
6/41
3/71
3/53
2/75
3/61
1/56
4/79
5/55
6/62
6/60

1) Most of these results show you pretty much limp to the money on most of these cashes.
2) These are not MTTS they are pretty much sng size.
3) Most of the ukipt have runners of 450 and upto >1000.

You need to show you have an edge over a decent sample size to show you are a winning "live" player.
the 1000 + 100 looks to be a six max event. have you any idea how to play a 6 max event? what experience do you have of 6 max. the last 1k+100 had 458 runners.

Do you see the dilemma for any potential backer/stacker?

But he will show them who's BOSS darren lol ROFL
DropTheHammer
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:40 pm
Mark McCormack wrote:

lol, I would stake a maths whizz over an 'instinct player' over the long run any day of the week. Even the good 'instint players' (like Devilfish) have found that tournaments have become very tough over the last 5 years.
Matt101
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:41 pm
http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/...9AEDDCAB.html?t=3

Your online stats aren't very impressive mate but to be fair, it's a small sample so it could mean anything. As I said earlier, I do believe there's a chance you might have an edge, but there's also a chance you might have a ton of leaks and not know it. Anyone can say they're a good tight-aggressive player etc, it doesn't make it so.

Ps Darren I'm pretty sure this one is full ring. Rob is floating the idea of holding another 6max but nothing concrete yet Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: