Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
TripSixes
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
stowjon wrote:
TripSixes wrote:
To be fair, you are always slagging them off, moaning about the promos etc - give the guy a break lol

im giving him a break now Dan, im taking his advice (not the bit about starting my own shit based forum though)

Fair enough mate. Forums gonna die - its got worse even since i've been here and that hasnt been that long compared to a lot of you
lookmeup
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
I must say in haste things could have dealt with a lot better like stowjon and others on this forum whom have been longer before it was sold on,,
player feedback and how to improve more numbers on this forum contributing there input would also help build a feel of community etc etc

I do believe mr b4 and others are doing what they can but to bash them and judge the very people whom work here imo is not helping anyone and this does not apply to everyone on this forum just a minority I would say ,, treat people how you would be expected to be treated with respect
X
Quads

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:49 pm
What a fu(c)king ponce. Jon might be a whiney ginger midget [he is], but he happens to be the best whiney ginger midget I know [he is the only one].

This gig's gone to shit. See y'all around.

X Mr. Green
Quads

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:50 pm
What a fu(c)king ponce. Jon might be a whiney ginger midget [he is], but he happens to be the best whiney ginger midget I know [he is the only one].

This gig's gone to shit. See y'all around.

X Mr. Green

Spoiler:
Couldn't help myself x 2

Straight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:24 pm
Ain't been around that long myself

But from what I've seen you've been GOOD for the forum Jon

Sorry it's turned out like this

All the best

( gotta be careful what I say,I must be on thin ice too) Rolling Eyes
dwh103
Full House

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:39 pm
Never been interested in the added value myself (or rather the time requirement in chasing it), but forum started dying when they were split up imo.

Whole site and database feels to me like it's moving inexorably towards being a purely commercial entity - which is fair enough, GPI aren't a charity, but hardly feels like a community outside of a handful of posters. APAT and Blonde miles ahead in that respect, what reason does anyone have to seek this forum out?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:31 pm
well its 23.30 and im now going home from work so i guess this is my very very last post.

Its been fun

Keep in touch if you want to, some of you have my mobile number others are friends on Facebook, if you want to keep intouch, add me there Jon Sibley or tweet me @stowjonpoker.

GL GPI hope everything goes well for you Liar!
tonyhat
One Pair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 pm
even tho i pop in most days i dont post much, the first thing i bumped into when i visited after a few years in the wilderness was stowjons thread about the leeches/ lurkers in ps games. (thought oh what have i missed )
mr dooofus doesnt see the games/ challenges jon sets or he would get off his high horse..
but hope it gets sorted, i wasnt here for the good times,seems i came back at wrong time because people i see as regs all seem to be leaving.
gl jon was nice knowing you even tho for a short time only.
TheBlueBoy
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:14 am
Steve50 wrote:
I don't come on as much any more, it just feels like any old forum now, it had a nice feel when there where all the great posters, and also with Joe and the gang doing probably the best job anyone could potentially ever do with running not only a site but a forum that we could call home.

Since they sold up, it's slowly died, and has lost that great feeling, nice to see that a few remain although one by one they are dropping.

Since then, I give huge credit to Stowjon for actually trying to keep the fun going by creating events, challenges, and looking into a league that we all wanted, and for nothing but pleasure!, yeah he moans here and there, but then when something is dieing that someone loves they are bound too, either way he has been probably the biggest credit to the forum, so to say he brings no value is as big an insult that he could get.

So from the occasional look in and post up until now, I will leave for good also. Good luck to everyone, and hope to see you about somewhere else.

Most of this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:35 am
All the best Jon the forum will be worse off without you. Good luck.
evelyn
Quads

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:05 am
It's difficult to keep the forum going as it was as the Hendon Mob have all left. I thank stowjon for trying to keep interest going here but I think we need a couple of celebrity professionals posting regularly to replace the ones we've lost.
mindwarp
Straight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 am
jellyface
Failed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:17 am
I'm a bit cynical about these things, and possibly naive.

When the HM set the website up, the forum created traffic along with the database, which could be monetized through advertising and eventually led to them selling the site. Without the website and brand I doubt they would have got Prima and then FTP sponsorship deals.

What do GPI get out of the forum?
They're established, the hard work has been done in that everyone (globally) knows that THMF is the place to come for stats. So why bother with it?

People can say that the forum has gone downhill, but that's hardly because Barny, Joe, Ross and Ringo don't post here now. (personally I think there should be a dedicated Ace Kray-moderated forum). The sponsors of events are the same as before, or am I missing something?

Back on topic - the sheer ineptitude of the Facebook message from Alex D made me chuckle.
Shame that Stowjon has left in a strop though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:20 am
Who's Alex Dreyfus?
galty
Flush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:01 pm
paddymick wrote:
Who's Alex Dreyfus?

He was a French Jew of German extraction.

An extremely annoying person who usually thinks they are smart and/or funny, but is actually very stupid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: