Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next View previous topic :: View next topic  
stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Today MR4B posted the micromilly and the Ftops promotions on the forum, me being my usual self read through them super quickly and decided that they were just satts, that are offered on STARS and FTP without reading the small print and realising that they were added seats so actually decent value.
Me being me i would have held my hands up as soon as i saw or it was pointed out this way that they do actually look like decent freebies.
But in my haste i poseted a picture of a Croc and then the word 'OF' and then a picture of a poo, therefore insinuating Croc of sh*t.

Almost instantly im contacted by Alex Dreyfus on Facebook and am sent the message below, i have highlighted my only responses to his comment in red.

Yes i am guilty (very guilty infact) of being a bit of a moaning minnie, yes i am guilty of jumping the gun and posting before thinking. Most of you who know me will even agree that live and in person i tend to even say what im thinking before actually thinking.

But what i have taken HUGE, MASSIVE, GREAT BIG offence to is the comment from Alex that ive highlighted in Blue, with this in mind i am taking his advice and am leaving the forum, as i seriously feel that if he wants me to bring more value to the forum, then he obviously doesnt pay any attention to the forum!

I have also highlighted his comment about image in Violet just as a pointer that it appears that 'image' is all thats cared about and not 'community'

Quote:

Alex Dreyfus
jon,
your 'shitty' message starts to really being annoying,
so either you bring value to the forum
and you'll be welcome,
if it is to say that everything WE do, WE spent time and MONEY, is shit.
I clearly advise you to leave the forum and find another place to write your shit.
Pokerstars/FTP are the one offering gifts/money/etc ...
they are sponsor,
having a guy like you always bashing on the forum, is just damaging it.
I don't want that.
and I'm pretty sure you can understand it.
Jon Sibley
yeah i understand i will leave
Alex Dreyfus
or if you want to create your own forum, feel free. But just posting images of shit
while we work for YOU and giving you free money, its a bit insulting
and very frustrating.
Jon Sibley
its fine ive said i will leave its not an issue

Alex Dreyfus
but do you understand why iu'm saying that ? the whole point ? that its nothing personal, but just a matter of image. At the end, that why we invest money, iabout image.[url=http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=177230]
Jon Sibley[/url]
its fine ive said i will leave
Alex Dreyfus
Fair enough, ope we will still stay in touch
Jon Sibley
its doubtful isnt it. u never know though

Im happy to continue posting today as im sure this will get a few comments about 'midget attention whoring'
But rest assured from Midnight tonight, you wont see another post from me.

Bogus and Jack i will keep intouch about current running stake
Brodders Hackett i will ship your $47 and $7 respectively tomorrow as promised (providing the lad brings my lappy back tomorrow)
MicroMilly challenge participants i will look in on the Monday after the series ends and ship the winnings to the champ.

Last edited by stowjon on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bogus
At Won with No 28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote
Sounds like you having a bit of a hissy mate, his first language isn't English and you may have gotten the wrong end of what he was trying to say.

Never mind, it's a result.

Laters.

stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:24 pm
Bogus wrote:
Sounds like you having a bit of a hissy mate, his first language isn't English and you may have gotten the wrong end of what he was trying to say.

Laters.

lol his english is better than mine Wink
Bogus
At Won with No 28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:25 pm
stowjon wrote:
Bogus wrote:

Laters.

lol his english is better than mine Wink

I thought you were leaving Smile

stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:28 pm
stowjon wrote:
Im happy to continue posting today as im sure this will get a few comments about 'midget attention whoring'

still waiting for your photoshoped pic of a midget with the hump and bright orange hair
TripSixes
Straight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:33 pm
To be fair, you are always slagging them off, moaning about the promos etc - give the guy a break lol
Bogus
At Won with No 28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:35 pm
stowjon wrote:
stowjon wrote:

still waiting for your photoshoped pic of a midget with the hump and bright orange hair

You will have to wait, since your quitting so am I.

stowjon
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:36 pm
TripSixes wrote:
To be fair, you are always slagging them off, moaning about the promos etc - give the guy a break lol

im giving him a break now Dan, im taking his advice (not the bit about starting my own shit based forum though)
barmybadger
Closet Gooner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:36 pm
I saw the withdrawal of the (poor) league and addition of these sats and thought exact
Y the same thing.
For many regular forumites the whole point is playing together in a long form game with a decent prize worth railing at the end.
I have no interest in any SATs.
The added money from stars/tilt/GPI has been very good but poorly managed. How many people could have been sent to Vegas by now? Could have been the best league ever

Forum is dead
Take your database mr dufus

Last edited by barmybadger on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
barmybadger
Closet Gooner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:38 pm
And I asked you to close my account/profile ages ago so please do it this time
The Guvnor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:49 pm
Alec Dreyfuss sounds like a self important ponce.
Go and boil yer head Alec you pompous poove
Steve50
Royal Flush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:54 pm
I don't come on as much any more, it just feels like any old forum now, it had a nice feel when there where all the great posters, and also with Joe and the gang doing probably the best job anyone could potentially ever do with running not only a site but a forum that we could call home.

Since they sold up, it's slowly died, and has lost that great feeling, nice to see that a few remain although one by one they are dropping.

Since then, I give huge credit to Stowjon for actually trying to keep the fun going by creating events, challenges, and looking into a league that we all wanted, and for nothing but pleasure!, yeah he moans here and there, but then when something is dieing that someone loves they are bound too, either way he has been probably the biggest credit to the forum, so to say he brings no value is as big an insult that he could get.

So from the occasional look in and post up until now, I will leave for good also. Good luck to everyone, and hope to see you about somewhere else.
Straight Flush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:57 pm
Good luck jon, dont waste any more time here! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:03 pm
http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=64207

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=69447

Think i captained both of these teams to victory, not bad for somebody who brings should bring value to the forum Wink
Sorry Gary i had to bring it up again, feel free to tell me we were the B-Team Wink
Bogus
At Won with No 28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:09 pm
Thread title should be,

"Jon's Wake"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hendon Mob Forum Index -> Mob Poker Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: